Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download problem

dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

My launcher shows 9780.77MB remaining but the % is only showing at 17% I am wondering if anyone else is having or has had a similar issue, and if so how did you fix that problem. I have been downloading for 17 hours now and I am not sure what is going on.

Comments

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    now showing 8660 really nervous that I will have 0.0 remaining but it will hang up because it still shows 18%
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Just let it run. As long as you don't get the famous  error 102 you are good. 

Also make sure you run the client as administrator in case it shuts down for some reason. Currently a lot of people are having issues where manifest file gets corrupt and launcher downloads entire 22.5 gb again.

should I shut down the launcher then before I go off to bed and make sure that I selected run as admin, because I find this really troubling that I have 5gig left but still showing only 21% through installation.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    nah just let it run. Mine showed weird numbers that didnt match the progress bar and it finished fine.

• sugamarisugamari Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Hands down winner of the crappiest ever download experience LOL  no competition there..
    Originally posted by sugamari
    Hands down winner of the crappiest ever download experience LOL  no competition there..

I agree with this statement 100%

• M0rbidM0rbid Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by dakotaaoc08
    Originally posted by sugamari

I agree with this statement 100%

Lol...surely it can't be as bad as SWTORs Bit Raider client?

When I was subbed it felt like every other patch lead to the Bit Raider client messing up and having to re-download the entire game, despite the repeated release of "quick fix" links from BW....

Then again, ESO used Hero Engine just like SWTOR so maybe ESO also uses the same crappy Bit Raider client for patching? :0

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    think that the % figure is total progress of download AND patching/installation which is why the numbers look skewed. Once you have downloaded everything it still has to install it all and that is included in the % progress

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

I think you are correct the % number is your total over all progress.