Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: Change is a Good Thing, Right?

2»

Comments

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by DJJazzy
    Originally posted by Thessik_Irontail
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    Thought I would never say this but GW2 is just to casual, nothing o strive for, and I am a very casual player.

Exactly spot on with your criticism.

GW2 is an example of how not to build an MMORPG, and for me as a player, what types of things to look out for when choosing whether to buy a new MMO or not. If its anything like GW2, then its a straight forward no for me.

Old Everquest had it right from the start. Death needs to have meaning for players respect the world. Leveling needs to take a long time so that there is accomplishment and attachment and meaning, etc.

Get off my lawn!

Get off my lawn twice!!! :p I love GW2 and love the new upcoming updates even more! Thanks Anet for your hard work.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well GW2 is the MMOrpg for middle ages and above, so far the people i see and the community, the majority are closer to 30 than 20 ... so its natural to see more options for an easy life ...

which is kinda bad, and i play mainly GW2, the remove of the death penalty was no need to be removed, the traits and the wardrobe were needed to come, i would like to see more focus on WvW, but it seems their technology is lower than ESO, and we will never see a big map like ESO's ...

anyway i still love GW2 and exploring and doing events is not for the reward of an item but for the experience of something living (even after 2 years ESO and Wildstar failed to offer something better, to represent their quest system... )

• thefounderthefounder Member Posts: 19

GW2 is a CHEAP SHALLOW GAME. Death is cheap and so the life is cheap. Losing is CHEAP and so the victories are even CHEAPER. Everything is bloody easy. The only challenge in GW2 is the boring currency grind.

New traits? BAHHAHAHA Who cares?! lol. The problem is the fact that 99% of the content can be obliterated by DPS easily. thats why EVERYONE who knows what the hell theyre doing just wears Berserker Gear and traits for max dps. Gw2 is poorly designed.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I find GW2 IS THE WAY to build an MMO.  I expect we will see more MMOs along these lines given the sucess of GW2.  You may hate GW2 and I know many here do but the game has been successful.  Let's hope the changes prove popular among players.

I don't see a lot of people who hate it anymore.  Either out of boredom or a miraculous sudden maturity in the general populace, people seem to quietly disagree nowadays about how GW2 did or didn't blow them away.  I think there's hope for humanity.  Or at least the MMORPG forums. 

And yes, regardless of what I or anyone thinks of the game, its features will be (and already are being) re-used in newer games, because apart from some odd decisions, a great many of ANet's systems just make sense.

It works both ways. It isn't just the people that dislike it, but also the people who blindly and voraciously defend it. It is the people who attacked anyone who criticized the game claiming that they didn't understand or that they were playing it wrong.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164

Why would you worry about traits when under level 30. It takes an average 60-70 hours of play to get to max level. So, you will not be with out traits for very long any way!

What the fuck is with the pathetic cpatcha, if I was a robot would I be adding text, and if I was an automated system I would circumvent it anyway!

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Welcoming death penalty change. Death penalty should be at all removed, because it is in any game just one big ANNOYANCE that removes fun from game. 

Agreed, do damage to armor due to wvw zerg should not make the player leave the action to go have it repaired, free or not!

• branko7171branko7171 Member Posts: 12
    Haha, that's exactly how I feel. GW2 became such a disappointment for me.
  • TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    PvE balance should be their priority. Maybe they address that. Some of us really don't want to use Zerker Gear all the time....