Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] General: World of Diving: SCUBA Without Getting Water All Over Yourself

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

At one time or another, you’ve probably looked at the Oculus Rift and thought to yourself, “I bet those would make some bangin’ underwater goggles.”  That may not be the exact sentiment expressed by the developers at Vertigo Games, but in our GDC 2014 preview, I was told that the form factor of the new piece of tech did in fact provide the initial inspiration for World of Diving.

Read more of Som Pourfarzaneh's World of Diving - SCUBA Without Getting Water All Over Yourself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Why?
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

*THROWS WAD OF CASH AT THEM*

Shut up and take my money!!!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    This with Oculus would be amazing!  I can't wait to do the real thing in the Philippines at the end of the year.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    This with Oculus would be amazing!  I can't wait to do the real thing in the Philippines at the end of the year.

"Please sign into your facebook account to begin using your Oculus"

<15minutes later whilst playing, pops up on screen> You have 1 new friend request!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by stragen001
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

"Please sign into your facebook account to begin using your Oculus"

<15minutes later whilst playing, pops up on screen> You have 1 new friend request!

I dislike FB very much so I hope not.. lol    I could just picture a fish swimming by with an advertisement painted on its side hehe  And then hypnotoad is waiting for me right when I step out of the water.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Sounds like a game with almost nothing to do.

I'm pretty sure most players will be bored in less than an hour, at least if they don't have the Oculus.

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88

I scuba dive regularly and it's a great hobbie with friends. VR scuba sounds a bit like watching paint dry.

Plus Google are already doing Reef Cam on the Great Barrier Reef.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

No link so i google it...

Soon i see it's on Facebook,i ran as fast as i could.

FB is just short for FBI.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

So far the Occulus (aka: The Vomitron Neck Strain Helmet of Doom) has lined up so amazzzzzzzzzzz.... ing software... sorry fell asleep at the keyboard.

Can't wait to play some of those FANTASTIC Zynga Facebook games while wearing my reality deprevation helmet.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

And here I thought the Diving MMO was an aprils fools joke

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Or........here's an interesting idea...why not get off your fat asses and go do the real thing instead of pretending to scuba dive in make believe world.

I swear....the amount of yawns this title produced is phenomenal.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Not sure about an entire game centered around scuba diving.  Maybe.  I would prefer to see these features implemented in to a game and it become one aspect of the game, not the entire game.  There is another MMO around here called SNOW.  You spawn on a mountain and ski down. Exciting?  I am an avid skier but not sure I care to do this for hours in an MMO exclusively.