Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game, need feedback

cenen7cenen7 Member UncommonPosts: 55

hey guys, i am working on a (what i think is) a unique retro look 2d rpg paced between slower traditional combat and that of an action rpg

(to some up progression system already set in stone in my mind)

no levels, a skill /exp system similar to asherons call.  The one character will have access to all skills and will be able to progress any.  many abilities will unlock on a combo of more than one skill level, and, like an elderscroll game, you will be able to work on all skill-sets without penalty

its about a few weeks in progress but it is playable (at least some test maps and 2 weapons)

im trying to decide which direction to take it

If anyone is interested i can upload a zip file with the game to my website for download

or i can make some private youtube videos.

basically i could use some creative ideas

since it is in super early stages i can redesign the core easily

if no one is interested, i want to  ask, where can i find bored people to alpha test?

Comments

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

-mounts

-player housing

-crafting

-DM style narrative events

-fatalities ala Mortal Kombat

-zombies

• cenen7cenen7 Member UncommonPosts: 55

haha but the game is single player.  I might put in some kind of simple crafting system at some point

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

I would think it really kinda depends on what direction you wanna take the game into?

Is this a rpg where you want the player to explore/quest or is it more of a hack/slash game where kill as many monsters as possible to become the best "warrior" to defeat boss mobs or just over all RPG.

I mean right of the bat, it seems you really have an in depth system in mind for combat, or at least what can be considered in depth at this stage of development.  So it seems to me combat is going to be the biggest thing thus far, or at least what you have put most of your time into.  If that's the case maybe go towards PVP or if you want mainly PVE since it is a single player game, go into how the monsters will interact with the player.

I still think you need to have a direction for the game to figure out what to work on next but otherwise a lot of us can give general ideas as to what to do with it.