Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looting In Eso

RudigerGattRudigerGatt Member CommonPosts: 22
Hey guys, quite a noob question here but its doing my head in,, are you guys going around ever single inch of the map and looting every barrel etc? or its not that much of a big deal?

Comments

• sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Barrels mostly have low quality food, ingredients for crafting food and the occasional lockpick.

Weapons and armor are in the chests you have to lockpick.

Bookcases contain the occasional skill book.

Simply put: if you are not into cooking, you can skip the barrels and bags. 

It is about how you wish to play the game.

• Castielle101Castielle101 Member CommonPosts: 81

I loot EVERYTHING...it's so annoying there is so much to loot...my OCD....sigh...

Cas

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Check Every Urn/Chest/Bag/Whatever.   Why?  Read below.

If you want a chance at getting "Racial Motifs" (basically, the ability to craft other racial gear than your own race) You better be opening everything. (you don't have to loot the items, just check the urns, chest, barrels, bags)

I am a Khajiit on Ebonheart alliance and looted a Briton Motif (the ability to make Briton items) from an urn just today.

People have also been selling them (from what I have seen) for like 1500 gold up to like 7000 gold.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• oGMooGMo Member UncommonPosts: 89

Note how incredibly less annoying it is if you turn on auto-loot!

• MeridiasBeaconMeridiasBeacon Member Posts: 86
    I like to open whatever is available. I got out of Coldharbor with almost 50 lockpicks. After that, got more from crates. I found out 2 big chests. I never saw those in beta only the small ones. Also there is a chance to get armor motifs from looting bags.
  • NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Originally posted by Castielle101

I loot EVERYTHING...it's so annoying there is so much to loot...my OCD....sigh...

Cas

I have CDO (its the same as OCD but the letters are in the right order)