Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Respen’s Marvelous Game Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Neverwinter players will have the opportunity to partake of Respen’s Marvelous Game from April 1st-4th. It's way too hard to explain, so the official word will instead: Respen's Marvelous game is "a digital game version of a tabletop game based upon the real world tabletop game that the digital game they are currently playing is actually based upon."

Respen’s Marvelous Game is a cheeky event starring the mysterious and mischievous mage Respen Durothil, who calls the heroes of Neverwinter and Protector’s Enclave to try out his new game. Sitting at a table with fellow heroes of Neverwinter – Sergeant Knox, Makos, Celeste, Xuna and Rhix – players move miniature versions of their player character (with miniature bases for added authenticity!) across one of two paper maps set in dungeons and swamps. Utilize the magic of multisided die, grid paper, cardboard dividers, and imagination to save an elven princess or clear out a dungeon, all with narration by the dungeon master himself, Respen.

Incentivized with rewards, prizes, and tabletop-friendly snacks, players enter the Driftwood Tavern in Protector’s Enclave to take part in the so-named Marvelous Game. Earn multisided Crystal Dice from foes and chests alike, which are useful to purchase special event items available nowhere else. 

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I love Knights of Pen&Paper too, and pushed minifigs around a lot back in the days, so playing on tabletop, being a mini as my character, sounds great fun indeed. And there's a green slime companion and an adorable pocket pet among the rewards! Can't wait to play it on April 1.... hmmm... that date seems familiar...

:)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Such a cute and very meta april´s first. =) I would like the option as a mini-game. =P

This have been a good conversation

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    April first??!?! Don't believe it!!!!

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by tawess
    Such a cute and very meta april´s first. =) I would like the option as a mini-game. =P

That's my hope.  They introduced it a week ago, like it was a standard event, but most standard events give more info than this one.  If it's just completely made up non-existent nonsense, I admit I'll be a bit disappointed.