Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really Liking What I'm Seeing Out of ANet Right Now

XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

GW2 has been a really solid offering considering there's no sub, but the living story focus got old pretty quick.   I like the idea on paper but it just didn't grab me much.

However, with the recent improvements to WvW and the upcoming feature update, I think it's clear that ANet has been diligently working behind the scenes to address a lot of player concerns.   Sure it may have taken longer than a lot of people would have hoped, but the game is definitely moving in the right direction.

I'm gonna be shifting focus to ESO for a bit but GW2 is becoming tough to beat, especially with no sub.  

Comments

• sugarbear78664sugarbear78664 Member Posts: 36
    I think GW2 is in survival mode. There is a long waiting list of games coming out. ESO, Wildstar, EQNext, Archage. This is like any other buisness, you want to keep your market share. To keep it you must keep your customer base excited and not looking for something else to do.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I agree with the op, the living story events were turned into a  boring zerg madness in the end and weren't really thought through (like so often before); the changes right now will do a lot for class balance and make some builds much more effective, which is great.

I don't see a competition between eso and gw2 though. 

"The game didn't catch me" was a common phrase I read about gw2, so I don't think that people who enjoy gw2 right now will leave for eso, while eso on the other hand  will grab all the people who didn't like gw2 to begin with.

Note: I'm not saying one game is better than the other but rather that people have different preferences.

Harbinger of Fools
  • XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by sugarbear78664
    I think GW2 is in survival mode. There is a long waiting list of games coming out. ESO, Wildstar, EQNext, Archage. This is like any other buisness, you want to keep your market share. To keep it you must keep your customer base excited and not looking for something else to do.

We'll see what ESO brings to the table in a few days.  Wildstar is more of a threat to WoW and Rift.   EQNext won't be out until 2016 and Archeage is simply a mess right now.    

Sure, ANet is trying to stay ahead of the curve but the majority of recent and upcoming updates have really started to address constructive player feedback.    

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I really hope some leave because I don't like queues.

Last night,

Just now.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Since you buy it and can play it whenever you want.. GW2 is going to be around for a long time.

Saying it's in survival mode is at least ignorant.

..Cake..

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Xssiv

We'll see what ESO brings to the table in a few days.  Wildstar is more of a threat to WoW and Rift.   EQNext won't be out until 2016 and Archeage is simply a mess right now.    

Sure, ANet is trying to stay ahead of the curve but the majority of recent and upcoming updates have really started to address constructive player feedback.    

Ughh not this again. No MMO is threat to WOW. Wildstar will come and go  and WOW will still be here like it always has been for past 8 years.

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I really hope some leave because I don't like queues.

Last night,

Just now.

After playing ESO and WS i came back to GW2 just to see all 4 maps on Gandara had 50+ queues whole weekend, EB reached 300+

It hasnt been like that ever. Good times (when you finally get it :) )

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Erm..i play on tarnished coast and we get smacked with overflow in almost every map strangly. so there are a lot of people on my server atleast. i do like the updates coming out especially the dye account wide and armor skins.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!