Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on Dungeon Difficulty

BigbadwlfBigbadwlf Member UncommonPosts: 117

I was watching a Wildstar beta stream, and I saw a group of level 50's wiping on the last boss of Skullcano HM over and over again.  I later checked the archives to find out that they eventually beat the dungeon, which is good, but the group wiped over 56 times! 

Is Wildstar really that difficult?  Can someone that has a lot of experience in Wildstar dungeons be able to compare Wildstar's difficulty to WoW's Lich King, Catalysm, or MoP dungeon difficulties?

Thank you for your response.

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Probably on par or slightly harder than Cata (which I considered the most challenging out of the 3 you listed).  Bosses require coordination and communication, especially with breaking interrupt armour at the right time.
  • ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    The dungeon difficulty is more movement based difficulty than complex fights.  Rift dungeons at launch were more difficult but also more complex in terms of mechanics.  Wildstar's are well done and fun  but very movement based.  Maybe too much movement.  They are also full of tons of bugs and exploits.  They have not been near tested enough yet. The nice thing is the devs do play the game and do group with players and are aware of many of the problems.  I have neve rseen such dev involvement with the playerbase.
  • BigbadwlfBigbadwlf Member UncommonPosts: 117

Yeah while watching that transmission, the tank encountered a bug that if the boss jumped away while he was in stealth, he had to run the gauntlet of fire in stealth (20% reduction speed).  I don't see the bugs as a problem as the game is still months away, but I do see the dungeons being as hard or harder then Cataclysm. 

You'd think if they were devs were going to copy WoW, that they would be smart enough not to copy from WoW's worse expansion. 

I do Remember Rift's dungeons during the beta, and they were completely over-tuned and eventually nerfed at launch.  I didn't mind if the dungeons were hard during the end game progression, but they shouldn't be frustrating while leveling up with new players.