Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why play Wildstar?

2»

Comments

• RigurRigur Member Posts: 53
    Was replying to how you say all new mmos are easy. The old games were tedious not hard (in my opinion). Old eq raiding was put the mob in a corner and have the numbers to kill it before clerics went OOM.

The first MMO you loved will always be the best. You will never get that feeling back stop trying.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

This is why!

It may not be open world housing. But it is robust with public access options!

I find your reasons much more believable than the OP's reasons.  Why?  Because the game's housing is awesome!  Getting pieces through rare drops, challenges, quest items, and so on...then creating my own little paradise I can escape to every so often, is fun and enjoyable.   It adds personality to the game that's an accomplishment in MMO's where everyone is just another hero. 

And in the video the OP posted (I'm assuming it's his own) goes on to state how he thinks Wildstar is "bland" and doesn't like the Sci-Fi Western theme of the game.   However, I think that the game isn't bland at all, it's Sci-Fi Western theme is a refreshing breath over the oversaturated fantasy games that fill the genre.

Yes the challenge is there and dungeons are smash-face-to-keyboard difficult,.......but that's not what makes the game.  Not even by the slightest.

Wish I could take credit for the video, but it was not mine. I agree with you, I kind of like the humorous theme to the game. The part that makes the beginning of the game dull for me is the repeated task grinding found in every MMORPG today. I've come to realize that this exists in every new MMORPG though so there's no point in condemning a game for it. 

A lot of people try to rip on Wildstar for non-intuitive questing and then go on to praise WoW or TESO. Umm, pot meet kettle?

Originally posted by Rigur
    Was replying to how you say all new mmos are easy. The old games were tedious not hard (in my opinion). Old eq raiding was put the mob in a corner and have the numbers to kill it before clerics went OOM.

Hmm if EQ was easy, I'd loooove to hear your stories about the first few times in Vex Thal, or splitting trips in NTOV, or OMM. 

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

When WoW MoP came out one of the raids had four bosses on three circular platforms with no trash and the bosses didnt even move. It was just stand there and fight. So while EQ1 may have been more tedious than hard, WoW made raiding more brain dead plain than hard. WildStar hopes to undo WoWs trend of making everything cookie cutter simple themepark. Hence why all the movement makes the fights more about player individual skill (if you dont move you die) than a simple numbers tank and spank.

Stopped raiding in Velious. I did Ntov,PoG,Tormax ect compared to all the Mechanics wow bosses have EQ raid mobs were very basic. Not saying this was a bad thing but everything in EQ was a gear check. Still had full resist gear in my warriors bags when I logged back on a year ago. Don't get me wrong I miss EQ raiding ALOT. He'll wow was basic when it started compared today.

The first MMO you loved will always be the best. You will never get that feeling back stop trying.

Originally posted by Annekynn

When WoW MoP came out one of the raids had four bosses on three circular platforms with no trash and the bosses didnt even move. It was just stand there and fight. So while EQ1 may have been more tedious than hard, WoW made raiding more brain dead plain than hard. WildStar hopes to undo WoWs trend of making everything cookie cutter simple themepark. Hence why all the movement makes the fights more about player individual skill (if you dont move you die) than a simple numbers tank and spank.

And yet that's what EQ1 mostly was a gear check tank and spank and good CH rotation.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by Annekynn

I just hope they wont listen to whiners and leave the game as hard as it is now. Both Dungeon and Raid difficulty must remain as it is.

I also hope to keep the non HC mode they have and instead of adding more levels of difficulty add new 5/20/40 content, like WoW did at vanila and TBC.

And ofc no LFR :)

Stopped raiding in Velious. I did Ntov,PoG,Tormax ect compared to all the Mechanics wow bosses have EQ raid mobs were very basic. Not saying this was a bad thing but everything in EQ was a gear check. Still had full resist gear in my warriors bags when I logged back on a year ago. Don't get me wrong I miss EQ raiding ALOT. He'll wow was basic when it started compared today.

Yea EQs difficulty was a bit different than not standing in the fire. Wildstar has plenty of the updated raid mechanics though.

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Yea EQs difficulty was a bit different than not standing in the fire. Wildstar has plenty of the updated raid mechanics though.

I never did OMM tho I did hear he was truly difficult. They changed a lot after I left.

Originally posted by Jimmydean

I never did OOM tho I did hear he was truly difficult. They changed a lot after I left.

Yea the game tried to keep up with games such as WoW and EQ2 which was ultimately it's demise.  Started funneling everything into instanced raids and such.

• DroosteelDroosteel Member Posts: 138
    Wow, 11 minutes "L2P" video....