Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TUG: Behavioral RPG Available Now On Steam

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

Nerd Kingdom, a group (dare we say "cabal"?) of scientists, economists, artists and game devs joined together to create TUG, a sandbox MMO focused on players' creativity and competitiveness. An Alpha version of the game is currently available on Steam and Nerd Kingdom is looking for players to help them refine it.

For more information or to get early access to TUG, visit Steam's official TUG website.

Comments

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Interesting, i think i may check it out after afew more patches.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I bought it.  I'm a easy sell.  I would advise folks to wait for true game-play videos and such unless you are like me and don't mind blowing $10 on a gamble.  It's far from entertaining yet.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

I'm really curious which, if any, of these Minecraft-inspired games will take-off.  Will it be Trove, Landmark, TUG, etc.?  Or will Minecraft continue to reign supreme as it continues in development and the fan-base grows?  I've been trying them out, and none have yet to quite capture the experience of Minecraft for me.  I like the look of TUG (Steam videos), but I'll take pappacube's advice and wait before I buy-in.  I should probably set myself an alpha/beta limit before I drown.

In their description they are "selling it" as a social experiment, which is an interesting angle.  Definitely one to watch, IMO.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by pappacube
    I bought it.  I'm a easy sell.  I would advise folks to wait for true game-play videos and such unless you are like me and don't mind blowing $10 on a gamble.  It's far from entertaining yet.

what did you expected?

its early access.

you helping them to develop the game. it was not for your plesure ^^

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by CasaFranky

what did you expected?

its early access.

you helping them to develop the game. it was not for your plesure ^^

LoL....

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Hmmmm- THIS looks quite interesting, honestly.

I never pre order/early access but considering a $10 price tag I would for something like this- However, I will never touch steam again... Guess I am waiting for the release or hoping I can find this sold elsewhere. That said, I will be looking.

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385
    If it has full loot PvP and twitch based combat count me in! Graphics are amazing
  • rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

get Rust and get a low ping modded server...you'll be entertained :)

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

minecraft all over again...no thnx

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I bought into this a few months ago. the game has potential. if you're into voxels and not into the mainstream (landmark) you should check this game out.

• PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

People are going to hate what I have to say about this so-called game.

This is another you go around a world filled with other players...with nothing to actually do....you can collect food in fact this is what you have to do.....since you have the typical food meter that runs out in 30 minutes or less and then you lose health.

There is no incentive to work with other players or do much of anything....you can build things...and for what...to say I built this fort or I built this set of trees....to as usual have someone end up killing you for no reason.

I find this not a game but more or less a pathetic attempt at a simulation.

I truly wish they would remove these titles as games as there is no reward for killing other players or doing anything....oh gee...my reward is I found food to allow me more time to look for more.

Like I said people wont like that I wrote all this. 

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Plageron

People are going to hate what I have to say about this so-called game.

This is another you go around a world filled with other players...with nothing to actually do....you can collect food in fact this is what you have to do.....since you have the typical food meter that runs out in 30 minutes or less and then you lose health.

There is no incentive to work with other players or do much of anything....you can build things...and for what...to say I built this fort or I built this set of trees....to as usual have someone end up killing you for no reason.

I find this not a game but more or less a pathetic attempt at a simulation.

I truly wish they would remove these titles as games as there is no reward for killing other players or doing anything....oh gee...my reward is I found food to allow me more time to look for more.

Like I said people wont like that I wrote all this. 

I actually liked this state of consciousness.I personally believe and choose the negative statement of 1 player over +100 positive statements.When you tell what you tell with lack of emotion, you tell the truth and the root of it.I didn't played this game, only heard of it and with this man's reply i suddenly could see what this game is about.

beLIEve