Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-ordered and I'm not scared...

BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253

I just pre-ordered this game. Why, I don't know- because I want a game to play? Between this and Landmark, It will keep me happy I think. So many games I have preordered in the past and frantically worried about whether it would be worth the money or if I should have done it. For some reason, this game resonates fun (based on the websites footage). Will there be longevity? I'm not sure but for the first time in a while I'm not going to fret about it.

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

Only be scared if you're an Exile.

Fear the Dominion!

Death to Hillbillies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSX5MhCsT9U

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Zorgo

Not scared?

This isn't SWTOR.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I will pre order it Monday (pay day). Today will also pre order it my brother and about 9 more ppl from my guild in WoW. Many from my guild in RIFT have already pre order it. So we are going to have some quality time there. Can't wait :)
  • AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    You pre-ordered without testing it in one of the last beta weekends? Good luck, Sir. Judging WildStar solely on its marketing videos from the official homepage isn't a great idea at all. The actual game can't keep the promises. But hey.. after all it's your money.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

did you play the beta?

if your are happy don't be scared.

I played ESO and wildstar and I choose ESO by a mile.

WOW is better than wildstar.

Originally posted by handlewithcare

did you play the beta?

if your are happy don't be scared.

I played ESO and wildstar and I choose ESO by a mile.

WOW is better than wildstar.

Same here.

Played ESO & Wildstar beta and i choose Wildstar by 2 miles, at least.

Wildstar is way better than WoW and i m 10 years WoW fan. (Horde-Twilight's Hammer)

Different ppl different opinions.

To the OP. Remember this. After 2 months (max) all of those ESO PvP players, who doesn't care about Raids etc, will look for a game that has Raids. Most of them, especially WoW, RIFT, SWTOR etc fans, will come eventually to Wildstar. Remember my word on this.

Check some videos to see how it looks like:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6261551#6261551

Originally posted by Aroukos

After 2 months (max) all of those ESO PvP players, who doesn't care about Raids etc, will look for a game that has Raids. Most of them, especially WoW, RIFT, SWTOR etc fans, will come eventually to Wildstar. Remember my word on this.

This makes so much sense. Players who doesn't care about raids will look for a game that has raids. Jesus.. you must be a politician.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404
    I played in several beta weekends for ESO since November and always felt like something was missing for me. Played in 2 beta weekends for wildstar and enjoyed it a lot. Shows how tastes differ, and I am a big elder scrolls fan as well. Preorder Wildstar and am enjoying this bonus beta weekend. Wildstar is a great game for what it is, too bad around here people would rather put it down based on what it isn't. 
  • daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Originally posted by zelaex

After 2 months (max) all of those ESO PvP players, who doesn't care about Raids etc, will look for a game that has Raids. Most of them, especially WoW, RIFT, SWTOR etc fans, will come eventually to Wildstar. Remember my word on this.

This makes so much sense. Players who doesn't care about raids will look for a game that has raids. Jesus.. you must be a politician.

Indeed. This made me laugh so hard :)))

It was a bit of sarcasm :)

They "say" they don't care about Raids etc, but we will see about it in the near future, as always...

They "say" they don't care about Raids etc, but we will see about it in the near future, as always...

Don't give your hopes up dude. I think there's a reason for Blizzard to not invest time and money into the development of big raids anymore. Sure there will be a niche with some who actually enjoy this 40-man kind of play style. But overall it's a dead branch. I'm not interested in raids and I won't be in the future. It always felt like a chore and WildStar won't be any different. Also it will be hard to find 40 people in a game with a relatively small player base. WildStar won't have the numbers of WoW or even SWTOR.

Don't give your hopes up dude. I think there's a reason for Blizzard to not invest time and money into the development of big raids anymore. Sure there will be a niche with some who actually enjoy this 40-man kind of play style. But overall it's a dead branch. I'm not interested in raids and I won't be in the future. It always felt like a chore and WildStar won't be any different. Also it will be hard to find 40 people in a game with a relatively small player base. WildStar won't have the numbers of WoW or even SWTOR.

You don't like raids but i and many many others do. I refer to those who like them, when they say they will be fine in TESO without raiding. If you hate raids then its fine. None will force you to play a raid anyway, either in Wildstar or WoW.

As it concern numbers, i never said it will be like WoW or even SWTOR and imo it doesnt needs to be so HUGE in order to be a success.

Anyway i m saying it again. Different ppl different opinions and tastes.

As it concern numbers, i never said it will be like WoW or even SWTOR and imo it doesnt needs to be so HUGE in order to be a success.

Yes it doesn't need a huge player base to be a success in general. Who knows which numbers would please Carbine.. maybe 250k.. maybe 500k subscribers? But for 40-man raids there is a certain need of a potent player base. It's hard to coordinate 40 people with jobs or different schedules (maybe even different time zones) for a several hours raid tour. It's always easier the more players there are.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Yes it doesn't need a huge player base to be a success in general. Who knows which numbers would please Carbine.. maybe 250k.. maybe 500k subscribers? But for 40-man raids there is a certain need of a potent player base. It's hard to coordinate 40 people with jobs or different schedules (maybe even different time zones) for a several hours raid tour. It's always easier the more players there are.

Explain how EQ ran 72man + raids with a 500k Population then?

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Where did I say it isn't possible? I just don't think it will be a huge success overall.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Where did I say it isn't possible? I just don't think it will be a huge success overall.

Kind of like how EQ wasn't? lol There are still enough people out there that want to play MMORPGs rather than single player games.

Agree but there is more.

Imo 250-500k active subs would be a success and be sure its more than enough & healthy population to make 40+ raids EASILY.

I play EvE also for many years and the game having less than 500k subs , considering that almost everybody have 2-3 accounts (i have 3), is SUPERB. I have seen battles with 1000+ players. 

Btw how many mmo's you think have more than 250-300k subs? Even SWTOR have a bit less than 500k out of a sum of 1.5-2m (considering f2p ppl also).

Imo an established number of a 300k+ active subscribers in a mmo these days is a great success and makes it fully functional, not only for players but for devs too.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

More players playing the game doesn't really mean a larger player base to use for raids due to separation by server. A healthy server on a game with a lower population is the same as one with a higher population. 

exqmple would be a game with 1 million player broken into 10 servers, vs 500,000 broken in into 5 servers. Still pool of players that one would actually see in game. 

• sugarbear78664sugarbear78664 Member Posts: 36

Does anyone even remember what a 40 was like? Let me remind you. or tell you, if this 40 man raid thing is new to you.

40 man raid at 7 PM all guildies please be here.

645 Pm you have 27 people.

7 Pm you have 30, stand around 15 min waiting for 10 more people.

7 20 PM you are up to 35 but but 3 have to leave.

7 45 your up to 36, but but now 5 more have to leave

ok ok lets make a call out to pugs. Must have teamspeak.

8 10 you have 40  but only 37 on teamspeak, but whatever lets roll.

Wait wait wait 6 need a bio.

8 25 we are ready to make our first pull, lets Buff up.

we wipe on very first pull.

4 of the pugs leave group and 6 of your guildies our out of time.

It is now 845 for a 7 pm raid and you have killed nothing and your down to 34 people.

I am sure many others can tell u about the great 40 man raid system

Originally posted by sugarbear78664

Does anyone even remember what a 40 was like? Let me remind you. or tell you, if this 40 man raid thing is new to you.

It is now 845 for a 7 pm raid and you have killed nothing and your down to 34 people.

At least there is the option of 20 / 40 Raiding. If your guild cant gather 40 ppl then stuck to 20 man. You will be fine too.

Btw i remember the days you mention of 40 man raiding in WoW and imo was the best experience ever. Not to mention the raid scale of other mmo's :)

Anyway, i prefer a game having 2 different modes for raiding (20 & 40 man) than others having none. For me raiding is essential at least as end game content. PvP is good, dungeons are good also, world activities are fine, but without Raids there in no point.

At least that's me :)

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by sugarbear78664

A-R-E  ....."are", as in the sound "r", instead of O-U-R, which has a sound more like "hour" with a silent 'H".      I'm sorry, but there's such a HUGE difference in the pronunciation of those two words that it irritates me to no end that there ARE people that don't understand OUR English language.

On topic:   Your post is either complete hyperbole or it's got to be about the most casual "raiding guild" in existence.   There's no way a raiding guild would so freely allow it's members to be late for a raid or have to leave within less than 30 minutes of it's start time.  Most raiding guilds have dedicated days and time frames where the members free up hours of time with a minimum of 1.5hrs dedication to a raid night to have a slot in the 40-man.  Another thing to consider is that guilds don't just sit at 40 members, but instead have slot backups that can be called in when an emergency pops up and they become short people.  

People in your post are why systems such as DKP exist.  When there's a reliance on people showing up on time, and those people fail to do so, they face a sort of punishment;   this is a true life experience that many know in their jobs (if they have one, because being late so many times usually ends that rather quickly).  

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Not scared?

This isn't SWTOR.

You got that right, in SWTOR Yoda hasn't even been born.

But the force is created by life, makes it grow, its energy surrounds us and binds us....you must feel the force around you, between you, me, the tree the rock, everywhere - even between the land and Wildstar....

- or something like that.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Not scared?

spot on.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

You do know in EQ there were:

No lockouts

No timers

No script for scale

No limit on players (2-72man groups)

No instance

Just saying, there is a clear difference between a zerg party (EQ) and a structured raid (post-EQ).

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."