Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop rates nerfed for non expansion players

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Well played Blizzard.

I wanted to continue playing without expansion. But (not to big surprise) I find out that drop rate for non expansion players is near zero.

Regular mobs do not drop nothing anymore 99.9% of time. No gold or items.

Elites when killed drop one or two blue some gold. And I am talking about elite leader. Not group. They drop nothing.

I can now play for 30 minutes and return with 2-3 drops.

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Please post proof.  

I'd like some support evidence please.  I'm talking to people on chat right now without RoS who have said the drops are improved.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    That's just cold.
  • turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

OP's information is incorrect.

T

• Stop spreading false information... I don't have the expansion right know and I'm wating for ps4 release but I'm still playing on pc without the expansion. And my drop rate improved, not nerfed...

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Oh come on, just purchase the damn thing already...

Wouldn't you be by any chance one of these people who swore they would never buy the Xpac, but now you're eating your hat and trying to come clean with us as to how "blizzard forced you" to purchase it?

OK, you have my approval to proceed with the purchase!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

or may be the OP is playing the normal "easy" mode and thought that the drop rate would be the same at T6?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Please post proof.  

I'd like some support evidence please.  I'm talking to people on chat right now without RoS who have said the drops are improved.

Sure. Hang on while I contact my team of game analytics engineers. They will have the data in 1 week. (we dont want to post 1 day data since it would be inconclusive)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    If you think analytic engineers at required then perhaps your own annacdotal (actually just a bit unlucky) conclusion is a bit premature. Been a whole since I seen a post in a general gaming forum complaining about their personal drop rate, but I can reassure that I've had a lot of legendary drops and I only play an hour or do. Night as I have done on and off since release.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Thank god Diablo 3 doesn't have gear score!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Thank god Diablo 3 doesn't have gear score!

it does ... diabloprogress.com

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I dont know if that's true, I'll be buying ROW tomorrow but this week I've been playing regular and had 2 legendaries in some 20 hours of playing, one even dropped from some ash pots image, compare that to just 1 legendarie I found in over 150 hours when I was playing before loot patch 2.0. 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

So you don't even have a video or anything showing your drops, you're just coming here and proclaiming that because you had a bad night with the RNG, Blizzard must have nerfed something.

It never ceases to amaze me the irrational amount of hate Blizzard gets these days. Anyone else remember all those people at release who claimed their battle.net accounts were hacked through D3, some of whom also claimed to have authenticators? Then it came out that every single one of them had either attached the authenticator to their account after being hacked, didn't have an authenticator at all, didn't even own a copy of D3, and finally (my personal favorite) some were discovered to not even have a Battle.net account!

Stuff like that, and like this topic, are the reason I generally ignore D3, WoW, and Blizzard hatred. 95% of it is irrational corporate hatred thinly disguised with pure made-up bullshit.

Edit: And this topic's only purpose is to spread around yet more misinformation.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Err.. some of the peopke I know don't have RoS, while I do. They have the same drop rate I do... Maybe you are very unlucky but.. they actually said things improved greatly in 2.0. Now the game might be not perfect, but that specific problem seem greatly improved.