Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 players seeking an old school MMO, questions.

Hi,

Wife, her brother and I are looking for an old school MMO, wondering how active this game is? Also is it possible for new players to properly integrate into the game or is the game 99% top heavy and the lower zones barren? Does it take years to hit end game as a casual first time player? We're not in a rush, just trying to get a feel how big the game is.

Thanks

Comments

• XV999XV999 Member Posts: 36
    You described the game yourself. I would assume less than 5,000 players still are active less than 500 after dusk  EST.

• GrebdnullGrebdnull Member UncommonPosts: 13
    The game today is just a shadow of its former glory, but can still be lots of fun. Yes, the game (PvE) is very top heavy, and expensive if you don't have a good organisation helping you out. But since there are three of you (and you're not in a hurry), you can advance pretty far by yourselves I think. Roll a tank (Enforcer or Soldier), a healer (Doctor) and a support/damage profession (my suggestion would be a Bureaucrat), and you'll be able to tackle a great deal of available encounters while levelling (Anarchy Online is huge).

The biggest hurdle, I think, for the three of you will be earning credits. But if you don't mind grinding (for example) some static dungeons in the Shadowlands for pearls, rolling Rubi-Ka missions for sought after items (see Clicksaver for more information) or pausing at level 150 (farming Alien Sector 10) and level 200 (farming Alien Sector 07), you should be able to gather, at least, a few million credits every session.

Check out AO-Universe. It will help you get a better understanding for the game, plus give you lots of help and pointers while levelling. I would suggest trying the game out for a month (all expansions for 19.99 €, includes 30 days of game time). That will give you plenty of time to decide if it's worth staying for longer or not.
  • IntothecloudsIntotheclouds Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for the replies. This game seems to have in depth game mechanics and a cool scifi story. Definitely on the top of our list. We've downloaded the client and will probably give it a try midweek. Thanks again.