Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Factions

jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

This is a very basic question. I've looked around a bit but couldn't find a straight forward answer.

Will characters from different factions ever play together? Or is there a war that completely separates everyone from each faction? Will you then exclusively only meet the two other races of your factions in your journey (apart from PVP zone)?

When you're doing 50+ content you'll play in other factions' zones. Will you see them? Meet them and/or interact with them?

So basically, will your journey only involve 3 races outside the PVP zone?

Feel free to add additional information on this subject if it's relevant.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Believe pre-orders can play in any faction, but other than that you will not pve with them.
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    No, you cannot play together with other factions. In the post 50 content, you will be in their zones, but you will not see players from that faction, as you will be in a veteran instance of those zones, that is scaled to your level and only for your faction.
  • sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

You can't play with characters from other factions. There is a pre-order bonus of playing any race in any faction, but you're still limited to one faction. 

You do get to visit the other factions zones though as veteran content, but again, you won't be playing with or grouping with players of other factions. 

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I see. I thought only one race could be played in any faction, as a CE pre-order bonus.

But so the other faction zones are locked in some way then I guess. It's a pity I'll be only seeing my own race and two others in the normal PVE zones. I feel encouraged to to play my race in another faction now.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by jazz.be
    I see. I thought only one race could be played in any faction, as a CE pre-order bonus.

But so the other faction zones are locked in some way then I guess. It's a pity I'll be only seeing my own race and two others in the normal PVE zones. I feel encouraged to to play my race in another faction now.

If you ordered the Imperial Edition or Digital Standard, you can play any race in any faction, so assuming people did, you can see them in your factional PvE zones, however it is limited to people who preordered.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

Yeah. If someone has preordered they can play any race in any faction, so you will likely see the other races in your faction.  Essentially, they are part of your faction at that point.  I assume their personal beliefs did not agree with the beliefs of their prior faction.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    I wanted to be a Klingin character
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    So can you roll one character in each faction on the same server, too? My guild is going into Aldmeri Dominion, but I would like to level some characters through the other two factions as well.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by d_20
    So can you roll one character in each faction on the same server, too? My guild is going into Aldmeri Dominion, but I would like to level some characters through the other two factions as well.

Remember that ESO uses a single large cluster (megaserver) for US and one for EU - so yes you can create characters in each faction, but they won't be able to join the same Cyrodiil campaign

Thanks for the answer.

I'm not sure what "campaigns" are. When do you select a campaign? Is it selected?

Edit: I found the answer here: http://elderscrollsonline.info/campaigns