Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Initial survey

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I heard they wanted to have an initial survey that everyone needs to answer once they start up the game for the first time... And then using the survey results to get likeminded people in the same shards..

does anyone know if this will make release.? , it allways sounded like a good plan to me

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

The Mage, the Warrior, the Thief, which are you?

Could be fun, but I didn't think the "shards" were static. Where did this news come from?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

They had one of those in daggerfal, just loved it, it set up people for the right class..

but thats not the same type of survey, they promissed to add for ESO

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I heard they wanted to have an initial survey that everyone needs to answer once they start up the game for the first time... And then using the survey results to get likeminded people in the same shards..

does anyone know if this will make release.? , it allways sounded like a good plan to me

They did away with this idea and are grouping people on the megaserver based on your guild and friend list.  I forgot which interview it was but I read it recently.  Sounded like they had some issues implementing it so went this route instead.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    It will be a post launch a social feature.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Based on the responses from the last big Reddit AMA, the whole concept of grouping together "like-minded" people on specific shards dependant on their playstyle or RP preferences or friends list was completely abandoned.

They said they may have another look at it at some point after launch, but it didn't sound very promising. I suspect juggling people in and out of "appropriate" virtual shards would just be too complex, because the process is intensely dynamic. Your character will switch shards dozens of times in a play session, and it would take an epic effort to keep the shards optimally populated.