Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Third digital expansion - Galactic Strongholds !

13»

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by bobdole1979
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by funcon
    class skill tree is so WoW 2004. There has to be a better more fun way to advance your class.

such as......

oh and its always been 1 loading screen from your ship to the fleet.  its also 1 loading screen from any planet to the fleet so you know good try

Such as TSW's, Wushu's, EVE's, ESO's. Really just about any of the solutions post Swtor's blatant copy of the WoW "simplifed" 31 point tress, the one's Blizzard said were a bad idea. 

1 loading screen, yeah right. >ship>docking bay>out of docking bay. 3 load screens which at the time took me on a old computer about 3 minutes everytime.

That being said, I enjoyed swtor's combat back then. To bad Illum failed due to terrible design and they decided to all but eliminate Wpvp. 

serioulsy TSW?  The wheel?  Which is nothing more then a bunch of talent trees put in a circle? 

You just lost all creditblity.  

Illum didn't fail btw you should try it its a huge hit now.  But good job trying to recycle old hypberbole. 

Oh and blizz didn't say the talent trees were a bad idea the problem was they have 90 levels and they designed it so every level you got a new talent or ablity.  They realized they had too much bloat and needed to simplfiy it. 

once again good try at trying to make stuff up.

Yes 1 loading screen its called fleet pass.  Wow 3 minuets?  Even on my old laptop it doesn't take that long

the problem is not that the game has to load *something* (every game has to),

the problem is that it needs to load *too often*, and that they completely forgot to disguise the loading process in a less immersion breaking way, with big fat loading screens instead of cutscenes+background loading, or even worse, black screens in between.

Anything "seamless" is impossible with this engine until they optimize the loading process and make it more intelligent, with background loading and plugging the black holes with some transitional cinematic cutscenes

here is a video on youtube, I love this demo of background loading, fade out and fade ins, aspect ratio changes between cinematic and ingame.... there are other games which have all this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm2g3gKxw4o

• bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Impacthound

You just lost all creditblity.  

Illum didn't fail btw you should try it its a huge hit now.  But good job trying to recycle old hypberbole. 

What?! On what server is Illum active with pvp, because it's not the PVP servers like POT5. A small portion of the playerbase hit the dailies there because they're easy and a good way to skip Makeb, but nobody actively PVPs there and haven't in over a year.

PWND

Gree event kid that was the redesign and every time it happens world pvp on illum on PVP servers is full 

Seiruolsy where do you come up with this BS

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Not to mention the fact that at best you gain one level by doing the quest line on ilum. It's not nearly enough content to gain five levels like you do on Makeb.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

PWND

Gree event kid that was the redesign and every time it happens world pvp on illum on PVP servers is full 

The Gree are on Illum 2 weeks per year, that planet is a ghost town otherwise. If it were monthly like the Bounty Event I might concede it as a regular enough feature for your point, but it's only running in between major patches during huge stretches of no new playable content.

Go to Illum right now today and record a video of how many people you can find today. Upload that instead of cherry-picking footage of a special event that's not up.

Originally posted by youvewasted2yrs

Umm why didn't you keep your quote in there?  You said people have not been in illum doing pvp "in years " you my friend were wrong plain and simple.  I understand you are going to try and spin it but that won't help your little agenda.  

Because there's quote-bloat on these forums and it's visually noisy to have 3-4 or more quotes within quotes in a single post. If someone cared to check the discussion they can scroll up because it's on this same page & I'd rather respond to one post at a time.

I would think a forum name like "youvewasted2yrs" on a SWTOR forum is more likely to have an agenda in posting than me. I'm not bashing the game directly, I'm on point with someone about the poor state of Illum in the context of its core design.

Originally posted by ktanner3
    Not to mention the fact that at best you gain one level by doing the quest line on ilum. It's not nearly enough content to gain five levels like you do on Makeb.

If this was a response to me, I mentioned using Illum to skip Makeb in the context of dailies, not the story quest chain. When I was levelling a Bounty Hunter last summer I ran the Belsavis/Section X/Illum circuit of dailies and the exp was high enough that I actually hit 55 in a week rather than going to the intended story planet. Which surprised me, I didn't expect the credit rewards and exp to still be relevant on older content, but it was a surprisingly fast alternative. 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I'm trying to hold off on judgement to see exactly how housing decoration works, and more importantly how housing fits into the game.  Aside from decorating, what will be the reason to go there?  Not asking that rhetorically, I just hope it's not a case where collecting decorations is the only reason for its existence.

Account storage is a biggie for me.  I've gotten tired of having to email stuff.  Definitely looking forward to that.

• bobdole1979bobdole1979 Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by Impacthound

PWND

The Gree are on Illum 2 weeks per year, that planet is a ghost town otherwise. If it were monthly like the Bounty Event I might concede it as a regular enough feature for your point, but it's only running in between major patches during huge stretches of no new playable content.

Go to Illum right now today and record a video of how many people you can find today. Upload that instead of cherry-picking footage of a special event that's not up.

2 weeks a year?  Well in 2013 they had it 5 times.   You said that no one PVPs on Illum in over a year.  Well you were incredibly wrong.    The planet is far from a ghost town either you should go there some time there are always people leveling there or doing dailies. 

There was no cherry picking as there is a ton of videos like the one I posted.    

Once again good try at trying to lie your way out of this

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

In my opinion the argument that the original concept of Ilum has failed holds true. Even if the Gree event were held monthly wouldn't change that.  That isn't the same as Ilum has totally failed as a planet.

About loading screens ex. from planets to fleet some have been removed. Some orbital stations have been removed and if there's an orbital station you can go direct to personal spaceship from the shuttle instead of having to use orbital station. There's also the fleet shuttle on all planets if you know where to find it and ofc your fleet pass cooldown. (sometimes i wish that fleet shuttle worked both ways.)  There's still room for improvements but it's not as bad as it was at launch.

About housing. I'm setting my expectations extreemely low so that maybe i wont be disapointed. I might even be pleasantly surprised.

• looks like the trophies will be tied to the achievement system and you wont have to get the achievments again to unlock the trophies

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/12/swtor-boston-cantina-tour-flashdrive-files/

• I’ll let more detail oriented folks add more info but the big thing about Strongholds they mentioned is that the Tokens which allow you to get decorations related to Ops kills will be based on your existing achievements so you won’t have to go back and kill the bosses again to get their stuff in your stronghold. – ChampStanley on Reddit
    also sounds like different trophies for different difficulty lvls

They also mentioned that Galactic Strongholds would have their own chat stream (eg, like General, Trade, Guild, Ops, etc do) and that Trophies would be available in your house that showed … I believe … what achievements you had received for defeating flashpoint bosses and on what difficulty they were defeated. This is retroactive – you don’t have to reunlock achievements. They want your player houses to be a social experience that show your in-game accomplishments – Jedi Lucifel from the Pax Dominus/Imperius guild on the Ebon Hawk

and some pics of the nar shaddaa stronghold

they also appear to be adding npcs of the selkath species. from what i have heard it is for a flashpoint on manaan(don't know if it would be in 2.8)