Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glad I didn't purchase the Expansion

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    And i am glad i bought it. This expansion got me back into playing again. It brings much needed improvements.
  • Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    It was fun for the 5 hours of content it has. Already grown tired of it tho.
  • imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

The ethics of this game are soooo questionnable.

It's much more like "rentability, the game" and no, i'm not even exagerating, look at the history of the pc platform and you realise this, and unfortunately these "values" (more like, lack of  "values" and inredeemable boring repetitive, soulless gameplay) seems to not bother players much anymore, only looking for the better exploit on how to get lvl max faster, or get gold faster.

This is not a game.

• SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204

If you're looking for a story, you're looking in the wrong place.  That's not what Diablo is about.  The story, like with every loot-based action RPG ever, is non-existent.  The closest thing you might get to Diablo with a good story is the old Divine Divinity (and their new game that's coming out this year--backed by Kickstarter.)

I'd suggest Infamous Second Son if you want a good action game with a story.  Stick of Truth if you want an RPG with an awesome story.

• SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by imagina

The ethics of this game are soooo questionnable.

It's much more like "rentability, the game" and no, i'm not even exagerating, look at the history of the pc platform and you realise this, and unfortunately these "values" (more like, lack of  "values" and inredeemable boring repetitive, soulless gameplay) seems to not bother players much anymore, only looking for the better exploit on how to get lvl max faster, or get gold faster.

This is not a game.

Every themepark MMO out there (save TOR) is based entirely on these principles.  Are they not games?

You'd be surprised what people enjoy doing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    D1 was well put together in story terms? ROFL!
    I like the adventure mode / rift thingy in this exp. And the story is miles better than the awful D3 base one.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Yep, I just spent the last 3 hours watching the full play-through on Youtube. I have to say, they did a great job~ the story is one for the books! Yep, that's right... it definitely sucks. The story is incredibly predictable, the ending is extremely anti-climatic and there's just not enough for me to justify putting $39.99 towards an already failed (in my perspective) release. I honestly don't know what'll become of this franchise. I really did hope for the best but I just don't see it with RoS.

What are you opinions? Have you played through it or seen all of it?

So you spent 3 hours watching something in Youtube that you had no intention of buying in the first place about a game you felt failed coming out the gate? That's like listening to the latest Justin Beiber cd and making a post about it even though you knew you wouldn't like it.....welcome to the far corners of the internet I suppose.......LOL thanks for the laugh.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Do you want a cookie?

Man, i sure wish i had consulted the OP before i bought the expansion and started having great fun playing!

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    Wait, people actually play Diablo for the story?
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I never played Diablo 1 or 2, I bought Diablo 3 + RoS two days ago and i'm enjoying it so far. The story is by far not terrible, it's okay. 

Nostalgia is a major defect of our brain and everything was better back then..

I've got the same feeling about some games and if I replayed them now it would most likely disappoint me.

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by jpnz
    D1 was well put together in story terms? ROFL!
    I like the adventure mode / rift thingy in this exp. And the story is miles better than the awful D3 base one.

This.

D1 story was as generic as it get. I would be shocked if majority of players say they played D1 for years because of its story lol.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I dunno I enjoy the expansion. The crusader is a lot of fun though kinda OP at times and the adventure mode it adds at 70 is fun. Its not the best on story but it def added a lot more stuff to do with loot that actually is for your character.  I think it was worth the 40 bucks personally but I guess it wouldnt be for you if you are expecting some grand story. I think the features and new class are what blizzard were trying to redeem themselves on and the changes made to the game. Hell even the orginal D3 story was pretty lackluster so not sure you expected much different from the same writers.
  • shoguns420shoguns420 Member Posts: 4

Yep, I just spent the last 3 hours watching the full play-through on Youtube. I have to say, they did a great job~ the story is one for the books! Yep, that's right... it definitely sucks. The story is incredibly predictable, the ending is extremely anti-climatic and there's just not enough for me to justify putting $39.99 towards an already failed (in my perspective) release. I honestly don't know what'll become of this franchise. I really did hope for the best but I just don't see it with RoS.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything but Im pretty sure no one who plays diablo/poe plays for the story.  We play for the loot.  And ROS added random maps aka Rifts.  Random Maps are what most of the people I play with are playing now.  Before that  we would grind areas for gear and paragon (CoTA and Arreat anyone).  The mystic is another addition that us RNGeezuz fiends love.  Please dont trash talk a game (Even one that had a bad launch originally and missed the whole point of the genre) before you have actually played it.  Basing your judgement on a trivial 3 hour story (very slow btw) that almost no one cares about anyway that you WATCHED rather then playing is really ludacris.

The name of the game is efficiency and phat loots. 

RoS is a 8/10 xpac and worth every penny.  Ill give it a 9 when the ladders come out in 2 or 3 months.  It lost 1 point for story :)

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

As someone who is pretty critical of the franchise, I can say I do not regret buying two copies. I bough one for the lady and played on her account yesterday while she was at work and liked it enough to buy one for myself. We just beat the expansion so now we have the adventure mode to look forward to next play session. I think the expansion is shallow and have said as much already, but the game has improved enough that if you enjoy ARPG's for what they actually are, then it is easy to get your $40 worth. Now if anyone complain about shallow story and loot grind, then I have to call to question why they play ARPG's in the first place.

I do agree that the story was lacking and the expansion was short so I can see why that would turn some off. If it wasn't for real life friends and family playing I would have gladly passed myself seeing as how I don't care for the slim pickings the expansion actually offers thus far. We shall see how much adventure mode actually improves over the stagnant campaign grind.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by DMKano

I'm having a blast with it - worth every penny.

The gear/adventure mode/loot 2.0/level 70 = win.

The story is the least important part to me in ANY game.

It's about gameplay man - and it delivers, as that's what you're gonna be playing for a long time.

Story you hear it once and its done forever.

I agree completely.

I didn't play much after the initial release, but started up again a couple of weeks before RoS and was very satisfied with the changes. Also very satisfied with the expansion.

Anyone who bought it because of the story, haven't understood what the game is about.

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    this is bullshit...blizzard is KILLLING the Diablo name....hell even d2 and its expansion had cutscense....ljust 100% dissapointed with D3 so far...ppl who say story dosnt matter dont know shit and only play the midless grind game to no end...
  • Mr.ZerooneMr.Zeroone Member Posts: 34

Yep, I just spent the last 3 hours watching the full play-through on Youtube. (...)

This remind me something, what very often I heard about WoW: "I've played for 5 years WoW and somehow didn't suck me up".

Personally, I'll buy it (D3+RoS) in near future.  Cheers! :)

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Scypheroth
    this is bullshit...blizzard is KILLLING the Diablo name....hell even d2 and its expansion had cutscense....ljust 100% dissapointed with D3 so far...ppl who say story dosnt matter dont know shit and only play the midless grind game to no end...

how about maybe other people enjoy games differently than yourself? Maybe some of us like it for what it is and think the 40 dollars was worth it? If you do not like it thats fine you do not have to play it but to say something like that is extremely self serving only.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    dont really care ether way i have lost way to many acciubt to battlenets bad security to ever get a blizzard game agian.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

I laughed so hard reading this... so... you WATCHED the gameplay, and then post criticism... um... yea... doesn't sound like something a gamer would do. 

The xpac is well worth the $, the story (while predictable) was/is NOT the focus. The story is simply a placeholder for the gameplay to exist in. The music, the class skill choices, the environments, and the mobs are polished and well done. I've said before, the music alone will pull you in (and I do understand that is a matter of taste).

WATCHING gameplay and pounding your chest, proclaiming victory for NOT engaging in said game is pathetic. 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Still playing through Act V - been powerleveling up a Crusader.

Expansion is worth $40 for Crusader, Transmogrification, Enchanting, and Adventure Mode all by itself.

Not to mention all of the 2.0 features and tweaks and the AH being shut down are part of the expansion as well (just given to the whole game freely as well.)

Act V is like an added bonus, IMO.