Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Infographic Shows Success of Shadowmantle Module

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios has released a fascinating infographic to show how successful the last Neverwinter module, Shadowmantle, has been for the game. Check out some of these amazing stats and let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

2,270,527 created

2,000,000 no longer playing the game

lol

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    That's a good way of saying it Skuall, game has no replay value once you reach endgame, the dungeons gets blandly boring over time and the PvP is nothing excessively exciting, heck my guild went from 10 - 15 members online a day to 0.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Skuall

2,270,527 created

lol

300k might not be so bad :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ironraptorironraptor Member UncommonPosts: 36

Out of 8 of my friends who played this game only 1 countined to play after Fury of the Feywild. And he will be droping the game in a few days for ESO.

• Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251

I recently started playing again, trying to kill time waiting for ESO.  I have a max lvl, and just in the last 2 weeks I've created 5 new characters, 4 of which have been deleted.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266

They saw other gaming companies do this and thought they'd impress someone with these pointless numbers, doesn't matter how many were created if 2% of those numbers are actually active.  They have added ONE new class and are approaching a year since beta/launch.  As if creating a character on a free to play game is equivalent to success.

I would've replayed had they added Warlock, but they are just to slow and out of touch with what the game needs.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

You guys do realize it says CHARACTERS and not account right?     ...lol

2,270,527 created

135,263 alts

lol

Fixed it for you!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91
    these infographic is pretty stupid dont they realize that

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Our guild saw in influx of new players with the Shadowmantle release and the addition of Neverwinter to Steam. Have they all stayed? No, but there is a new module coming out soon  and I imagine that will bring many people back and bring in some new players, too.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

Most of my play is to level my companions and get the sun/moon coins to get that angel companion. I've lost real interest in it long ago and killing time for W* and wondering if my interest in MMOs died with City of Heroes.

Off topic, I hear rumors that the Arc client PWI wants people to use has a bit of spyware on it. Is it true?

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47

I am embarrassed to say I played a character to max level... was a low point in my life!!!

Neverwinter's cut and paste content needs to be mocked into bankruptcy lol

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Hmm, Since Chadiwicker mentioned it, doesnt Steam have a way to track people who are playing a specific title? Something like a daily population tracker?

Yup, it does. So at this exact moment-

~3758 are playing Neverwinter

~15000+ are playing DayZ stand alone

~ 7100+ are playing BioShock Infinite

Something isnt right. 2.2M accounts (okay, I know they didnt say accounts, but that is what they are playing at, as we all know), but only 3859 playing the game atm. Thats something like 0.17% of their player base actually playing the game.

Now I do understand this is people playing on Steam. But even if you multiply that number by 5 for people not playing on Steam. Then figure only 20% are playing at any one time. That only puts the percentage of people actually still playing the game at lousy ~1.1%. Ouch.

But I guess for a Cryptic game that kind player retention is something to be proud of.

(See, I can play numbers too)

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

You guys do realize it says CHARACTERS and not account right?     ...lol

2,270,527 created

135,263 alts

lol

Fixed it for you!

Damn! That's a lot of alts... How do you multibox that many characters?! You must use http://www.olcf.ornl.gov/titan/ to play your games~

Haha!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.