Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this is what large group PvP looks like?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

http://youtu.be/pK65BUhNwPs

It basically turns into a huge mess, especially with the telegraphs. THis just isn't a WS problems, it's just how it always turns out to be. It just seems worst for some reason, but I think it's because of the telegraph system; you could basically have a seizure too.

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

The guy has skills. You can play the game as you want. Also, you can disable some, if not all telegraphs. 

Thanks for the video, I really enjoying it. Wanted to see if FPS will be a problem in mass fights like this. Turn out it will not be a problem at all. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204
    The video gives a 404 message for me, so I put it directly into YT and got the Tiki 10 v 10 battleground match, is that the correct video?
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Daessar
    The video gives a 404 message for me, so I put it directly into YT and got the Tiki 10 v 10 battleground match, is that the correct video?

Watching WIldstar's huge scale PvP is more dangerous to your eyes than watching an atomic flash from 10 meters.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by Daessar

Warplots too.

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

God damn, that's a lot of words/numbers/colours flying at you at once. 

Like everything though, I'm assuming you get used to it after awhile. 

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Great editing and loved the A-team theme, but pvp looks like a mess. Just seems like AoE-fest with no real strategy. I could be wrong, as that was just a small glimpse of combat and as fast as things were, was hard to tell what skills were in use the most, but looked like AoE was being spammed. For these pvp games they should have less use of AoE and more direct combat. I don't pvp much so I might be talking out my ass, but how can u even dodge the AoE zone without ending up in another one?

I see it now, I didn't realize that it was a compilation of various Pvp ( open world, bg, plots etc ).

I can see the cluster in places yes, but I also see that the video is sped up and also has the camera zooming in and out rapidly, which obviously artificially enhances the strobe part, so its making it appear much worse than in-game.

Also really don't care for all the subliminal 1-frame message crap that he did throughout the whole thing, if the flashing ends up being too much for me, I can adjust the transparency and brightness down a bit.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Yeah, combat is madness, just like how it should be?

I'm confused as to how people are like 'this is too busy'  I mean it's WAR right?  Have you seen Saving Private Ryan?

Seriously.

I love what telegraphs do for SKILLED PVP Play.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    I've said it before and i'll say it again, they have to tone down those goddamm particle effects. Didn't GW2 teach devs anything? Since we can make the telegraphs less bright, that part's ok, but the PE's, man talk about cluster.
  • AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I love what telegraphs do for SKILLED PVP Play.

You should put skilled into quotes. WildStar has "skilled" PVP play. Don't exaggerate please!

And I don't think that the video is in fast forward mode.. look at the cooldown timer at the skill bar. It is what it is.

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

The other part of it is "don't just zerg in the middle" I mean thats a pretty well known saying in almost all Pvp, plus you got almost the same thing in Wow with everyone using Aoe spells and ground effects on big clusters of people ( rain of fire, blizzard, fan of knives, consecration, etc all going off at once. )
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by DEAD.line
    I've said it before and i'll say it again, they have to tone down those goddamm particle effects. Didn't GW2 teach devs anything? Since we can make the telegraphs less bright, that part's ok, but the PE's, man talk about cluster.

But it also has been said you can turn down or even turn of what you don't want to see. it's not set in stone unless you want it to be :)

Also not sure what anyone is expecting, any pvp that has a mass group of players is always a mess, i don't know an mmo were it isn't tbh. 

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

1) Telegraphs can be turned off for player/allies/enemies

2) Zerg pvp is always messy and chaotic, in every game, ever

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    I dont even know what i saw. 
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

You really get used to it after a good amount of BG's.  Really fun imo

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

It looks more like a Dancing Club Laser Show , Iam getting already eye cancer just from watching the video.....ugh really confusing. Holy Shit.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Lazzaro

It basically turns into a huge mess, especially with the telegraphs. THis just isn't a WS problems, it's just how it always turns out to be. It just seems worst for some reason, but I think it's because of the telegraph system; you could basically have a seizure too.

Looks like it takes tons of skill, and i really loved the bright flashes that make my eyes hurt. My favorite part is when i can hear the guy in the background just mashing keys as fast as possible.  great skilled pvp right there folks.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Originally posted by DEAD.line

Can you not turn off or down (or use a slider) for particle effects in W* ?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

You mean to tell me, NO ONE said "this is not a good idea", or "this doesn't look good"?! 

NO ONE!?!! gg

edit - or "Maybe we should tone it down a bit" Everyone who worked on WS should be put on notice.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"