Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help please: Seeking game (Third person action)

AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

I am searching for a list of games that are third person action style, that do NOT force you into the 'over the shoulder lopsided give you a huge fraking migrane' view. (Examples could include games like fallout 3/NV or skyrim which have the option of modding the retarded camera angles out)

I really enjoy games like this, even GTA IV/V, saints row III/IV were 'ok' but the OTS thing was still there and forced on the player. Other games like the last of us, etc, I simply could not enjoy because there was no option to remove it (And the otherwise wonky camera angles in most other scenes were not helpful either)

So anyone out there played a lot of games(MMO or single player, don't matter, I want something new to play and am tried of plopping down 30+ bucks on a game, which reviews and trailers make me 'think' its 'centered' third and 15min into playing I'm suffering a bad headache and find myself always running slightly sideways from the view)

So help out a fellow gamer :D

Comments

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I say give TERA Online a try.  It's one of those games where you either like it or you hate it, but still worth trying.  Its camera is similar to GTA and Assassin's Creed.  Only limitation is that your character will attack in whatever direction the camera is facing.
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Thats fine, imo, thats how it should be (the mouse controls where you 'look' therefore where you 'attack')
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

If you try Tera, you can truck&pedestal the camera to your liking. I believe the default keys are shift+arrow keys, but double check in the options =) I forget the hotkey to reset it to default.

For other games, since I'm not sure what you mean, do you prefer camera positions similar to Assassin's Creed and God of War?

don't know how to explain other than 'typical' old school 3rd person. Above the characters head, and usually prefer it to be somewhat tight (IE not scrolled out so far I can see 30 feet behind me)

real tight OTS is ok.. in some examples, but MOST of the newer shit games out there have this real loopy ots angle thats only 'ok' when 'aiming' down the guns sights(if there IS even a gun, half the time the game is melee orientated which further annoys me) - plus half the screen is blocked out by the bloke I'm trying to control.

• vickyjohn1vickyjohn1 Member Posts: 7
    Try  sleeping dogs....tis is my suggestion =D

www.gamemela.com

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048

What about Last of Us ?

Chamber of Chains

I was able to tolerate TLOU, but the camera angle was still somewhat wonky. Again, being the game is 'melee oriented' the 'off center' angle bothers me.

Too bad its ps3 only.

(I don't have consoles, and unless said console can handle PLENTY of games I like, I won't bother buying. I'd much rather sink that cash into a new pair of 7900's)

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Well I really don't know what to suggest as you claim to be looking for a Third Person Action game and then proceed to tell us why you hate Third Person Action games. From your OP it sounds like you are looking for something that just doesn't exist.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Originally posted by Brenelael

Well I really don't know what to suggest as you claim to be looking for a Third Person Action game and then proceed to tell us why you hate Third Person Action games. From your OP it sounds like you are looking for something that just doesn't exist.

Bren

Sorry, seems you misread-misunderstand [mod edit]

Let me clarify. I want a third person action game WITHOUT the lopsided over the shoulder view. IE: above head like ALL games were before REIV.

The off-to-the-side view was popular for a few games simply because it added to the atmosphere of the game, and in 'shooters' (IE games where u pretty much only fire a gun) it 'works' but in melee orientated games, it just doesn't work. Always feel like your running off center, and the left(or right depending on game) side of the screen is taken up by your character.

And other than personal preference, the heavy OTS view gives me a headache.

[mod edit]

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Unfortunately games like this are rare nowadays.  Seems to be most are getting made with the OTS view.  Shame really.  Here is a few recent games i can think of where the camera is centered behind the character (except when aiming for some of them).
    • Tomb Raider (2013)
    • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • Max Payne 3
    • Dead Rising 3

update: Snagged MP3 earlier for a steal(10bucks) and am trying wildstar (With the combat mod) which is OK i guess(Curious why, with this sort of game, mouselook is NOT an ingame/offical function, find that sort of confusing)

THe others, being that they are mostly exclusive ps3/xb1 games, i'll (Sadly) have to pass. Sucks cuz DR and TLOU both look like GREAT games i'd want to play.

Thanks guys for the help, and if anymore keep suggestions going 'true' third person games are rare as heck, and to find a decent (IE good one) is even harder.

well, gotta say, max payne 3 was a pain in the arse.. i got to the 5th chapter before i finally just uninstalled. NOT fun, I have no clue how it got such high scores, but if I wanted to play a 'cutscene' with 30 seconds of actual 'playtime' per 10 min i was sitting down, I'd just watch a movie :P

Good idea, but what a headache.(Sad though, usually rockstar produces only gems, prob why this turd got such a high score)