Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating a Crusader

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
I've only beaten the game once, so I'm not sure how these things work with expansions. I'd like to play through the new expansion content with the Crusader, but I don't want to play through the first 4 Acts again. Is this possible, or is it inevitable that I'll have to repeat that content? Also, how long is the expansion compared to the original game? D3 has 4 Acts, whereas RoS only has 1 Act, correct?

Comments

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    If it's anything like Diablo 2 was you'll have to replay all the previous Acts.  However I don't know how Adventure Mode works (I haven't yet had a chance to boot up the game) so you might be able to skip straight to Act 5 (it's what RoS adds) using it.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

There's a guide on WoWhead ( http://www.wowhead.com/news=230251/reaper-of-souls-guide ) that says you have to beat Act V in campaign mode once to unlock Adventure Mode for all characters.  So if you want to skip the story on your Crusader you may want to beat Act V on a pre-existing char if that's an option.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Sounds like this wasn't he game for you Nate. Diablo is the ultimate repeat content type game. If you only went through the story once and don't want to repeat it...I'm sorry, but you made a bad purchase. How do you expect to level your character?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Sounds like this wasn't he game for you Nate. Diablo is the ultimate repeat content type game. If you only went through the story once and don't want to repeat it...I'm sorry, but you made a bad purchase. How do you expect to level your character?

Or play adventure mode/nephalem rift, which are essentially random dungeons. You don't have to replay any of the quests.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Ive never played any of the Diablo games. Ive seen videos on youtube and it looks like its in 2d, not 3d like most mmo's. Is this a RTS where you control just one character? I like RTS games and still play Age of Conquers. Just trying to figure out why this game is so popular.
  • blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Originally posted by funcon
    Ive never played any of the Diablo games. Ive seen videos on youtube and it looks like its in 2d, not 3d like most mmo's. Is this a RTS where you control just one character? I like RTS games and still play Age of Conquers. Just trying to figure out why this game is so popular.

Its popular due to the IP, Blizzards polish...and guess what. People enjoy playing it :)

Originally posted by blondeh

Its popular due to the IP, Blizzards polish...and guess what. People enjoy playing it :)

and that it is fun for many ... like me.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Download the trial for free.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Im going to try crusader too .

Havent played D3 for months because I got bored . I however clocked ALOT of hours on my barbarian .

Will be fun for a while . Sounds like loot is better now which will be great since one of the bad things about D3 was how hard it was to get anything good unless using Auction House which I heard is removed !

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Most reviews say it's about 8 hrs of content... plus whatever replayability is on Adventure mode....
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Thanks for the reply's. I guess I'll look into it later down the road. 
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

I think that's for me to decide, not you, don't you think? I bought the game at release, and just recently got around to beating it and it was worth the box price just playing through the story once. So that's a good purchase in my book.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Most reviews say it's about 8 hrs of content... plus whatever replayability is on Adventure mode....

Only if you ignore all the side quests, crafting, new items, etc.

Yup. Reviewers tend to ignore everything else but the "main story". There's a ton of hours to be had in RoS, as long as you play around with everything the game has to offer.

Originally posted by Kaneth
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Only if you ignore all the side quests, crafting, new items, etc.

Yup. Reviewers tend to ignore everything else but the "main story". There's a ton of hours to be had in RoS, as long as you play around with everything the game has to offer.

well, if you count adventure mode & nephelam rift, it is infinite amount amount of content .....

But if you just count Act V, i finished it already (last night) .. and that was one day after its release.