Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is my download sooooo sllooowwww

SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177

After 7 hours downloading, PC version, I am at 14%! I have DSL and understand that it is not the fastest internet provider but OMG...this will take days to download at this speed. Is something wrong with the downloader or so what?

thc

the sword of no sword...

Comments

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Soto

After 7 hours downloading, PC version, I am at 14%! I have DSL and understand that it is not the fastest internet provider but OMG...this will take days to download at this speed. Is something wrong with the downloader or so what?

thc

You opened Pandora's Box with that question.  Here are just a few "possible" reasons.

1. Your DSL D/L speed is slow

2. Your D/L is being routed through a Internet router that is having "issues".

3. Heavy Server Load

4. Improperly configured router.

And a few more I can't think about right now after playing a 2 hour AOE2 DM lol.  If I missed anything,  I am sure somebody will eagerly point it out.

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

14% at 7 hours = 43 hours for total download. 

What ever you do, do not stop that download, its 30G,  I can guarantee you by the 28th the internet speed for downloads will drop by almost 80% of the speed you currently have.

Set your power options to never sleep and let that baby download for the next day straight!  Especially if you want early access.

• SotoSoto Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by Rigamorti
    Originally posted by Soto

thc

You opened Pandora's Box with that question.  Here are just a few "possible" reasons.

1. Your DSL D/L speed is slow

2. Your D/L is being routed through a Internet router that is having "issues".

3. Heavy Server Load

4. Improperly configured router.

And a few more I can't think about right now after playing a 2 hour AOE2 DM lol.  If I missed anything,  I am sure somebody will eagerly point it out.

-Rig

Mine is running at 100Mbps...guess that is good?

the sword of no sword...