Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Templar or Dragon Knight for 2 hander pvp?

Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Hey guys,

I love the wow warrior type of 2 hander pvp type action. I find it the most fun for pvp. Which one is best suited for this play style for me for big hit and crits with a 2hander? Templar or Dragon Knight?

Thanks!

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Big hits and crits? Dragon Knight.

Let me say this though, Templar with 2H and the healing skill line is really, really powerful. A true paladin if you will. You still hurt and you hardly ever will die.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

I do enjoy the survivability of a pally type class. decisions, decisions.

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    2 hander with Templar was pretty fun.  Im thinking about doing it for an alt but my main is going to be dragon knight for sure.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Originally posted by Ticonz
    2 hander with Templar was pretty fun.  Im thinking about doing it for an alt but my main is going to be dragon knight for sure.

Did you find the dragon knight more fun? and why?

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I didn't try 2 hander for DK... Im going fire staff / bow for my main

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I loved my stealthy dual wielding templar for soloing...

decisions decisions, with only 116 hours for pre release and 236 for release...

Planning to make a templar dualwielding selfhealing tank for PvE

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Dudek28

Did you find the dragon knight more fun? and why?

Well I don't know about Ticonz, but personally I found DK more fun overall. You rely more on your skill at blocking and dodging rather than just mashing a heal every time you get in trouble. I found 2H DK to do more damage as well, but I really enjoyed DK more as Sword and Board playstyle. From a strictly 2H perspective, I feel like the Templar may be better overall from a survivability stand point. I really liked the choices of the DK trees better though, especially the Earthen Heart line. It makes it feel truly tanky but you still do pretty good damage IMO, at least up until 17 which is the highest level I got during Beta.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.