Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: New Account-Wide Wardrobe Enhancements Incoming!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

ArenaNet has released some great news for Guild Wars 2 clothing and armor collectors that have long rued the inability to customize their characters exactly as they wish. From now on, everything that players collect, from armor to weapons, becomes a "skin" that is placed in a wardrobe that allow players to transmute their look on the fly. In addition, all dyes are now account-wide. Change a look, change a color, boom, done!

The Account Vault has a new tab called Account Wardrobe. All of the game's skins are collected there and the collection can be sorted and filtered so players can check out everything that resides in the game and the information on where it can be obtained. 

To help players understand the awesomeness that is this April 15th addition to Guild Wars 2, the team has released a first look video and a developer diary to help things along.

Check out the video below and the developer diary on the Guild Wars 2 site for more information.

This has got to be one of the most exciting quality of life improvements to Guild Wars 2 that we've seen in a long time. Do you agree? Let us know in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Very cool.
  • SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Nice addition. But PVP needs major fixing
  • illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    account-wide dye unlocks! yup overall very cool additions to an already great game

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    JUST NOW! GUILD WARS 2 GETS THE BEST CHARACTER GEAR LOOK CUSTOMIZATION IN THE GENRE!

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    That's awesome!
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

“When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account."

Oh my. On further inspection. Even worse than I thought. Anet is going to be pissing off the Dye sellers and their older player base by implementing it this way.

Having to re-learn the dyes you already have so you can use it on your alts is going to win some brownie points for Anet.  They have a habit of making a feature sound good until you read the fine print. :3

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Now if they only bring back the monk (healer)...I'm back baby! :P Otherwise great addition to the game. A player's look is their persona. Many spend lots of time and money customizing it. GJ ANet.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

This is best thing they have done in over 2 years. That's sad to me, but at least steps are being made to improve the game now all this time later. Good luck Anet, hope you can bring a few people back to fill those servers again.

Personally, I'll be waiting for major work done on PvE and WvW before I bother with GW2 again. The zerg and karma train meta reduce to the game to be much less successful than it should be. This wardrobe system should of been in the game since the beginning, Rift had it years ago.

Wonder if they will be offering refunds to those who purchased large amounts of transmutation stones. Would go a long way to restoring face to their fans!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Yes please *_* 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Good and much needed changes, especially the wardrobe system which was basically nonexistent so far and relied on destroying a piece of gear to use its skin on another piece of gear.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

“When you unlock a dye after the feature pack is released, all characters on your account will have unlimited access to that color.

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account."

Oh my. On further inspection. Even worse than I thought. Anet is going to be pissing off the Dye sellers and their older player base by implementing it this way.

Having to re-learn the dyes you already have so you can use it on your alts is going to win some brownie points for Anet.  They have a habit of making a feature sound good until you read the fine print. :3

Watch the video. The guy says all the dyes you currently have will be unlocked for the whole account. The paragraph you quoted is just referring to what happens to new dyes after the patch hits.

I hope so. Because players are going absolutely ballistic about it on the official Guild Wars 2 forum.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Nah, you misunderstood it.  If you watch the video the guy says 'All the dyes you've collected on each of your characters is available for use'

What your quote means, is that if you have say.... TWO characters who have the same dye unlocked, you'll get that color account unlocked, and then an unidentified dye for the extra.

So it's better than you thought, you pessimist you. :)

... and so far as 'going ballistic on the forums', actually read the threads.  It's people being angry, then people showing the video and the actual full context for the quotes.

Some people, get this, it's totally crazy... APOLOGIZED for assuming wrongly.  It was crazy!  People can't apologize on the internet, don't they realize they lose credibility points and tough guy points? D:

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    FINALLY! Definatly logging in on patch for this.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Now if they only bring back the monk (healer)...I'm back baby! :P Otherwise great addition to the game. A player's look is their persona. Many spend lots of time and money customizing it. GJ ANet.

The next balance patch will add a 25% healing boost to elementalists. I'm already using mine in fights like Claw of Jormag because swapping to water to cleanse the fear spam helps the groups more than even more zerging.

Anet realized the holy trinity wasn't all that bad and is "making roles more defined" as they called it.

Harbinger of Fools
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Nice addition.

Wardrobe systems such as the one in LotrO and this has always been a system that i wished more games used.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

The next balance patch will add a 25% healing boost to elementalists. I'm already using mine in fights like Claw of Jormag because swapping to water to cleanse the fear spam helps the groups more than even more zerging.

Anet realized the holy trinity wasn't all that bad and is "making roles more defined" as they called it.

Sorry have to point this out but they said in the live stream about the new traits and runes and such will help more define the roles they started with which are support, damage and control and will hopefully with this feature update and things to come get people to play in those roles but you can change to these roles at anytime anyway based on weapons and skills you have set up so to me its normal to run all 3 types at anytime. 

As for this news on the wardrobe and dyes coming I am excited for this cause now I dont have to go out with all my characters to get gear I can use one light and so on to get the gear then just set my others to the look I want them to have so this is great.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by nolic1
     you can change to these roles at anytime 

Noted.

I just wanted to point out that I enjoy playing as healer and can see the limits of that role on gw2.

A 25% increase in healing should make this build a bit more viable.

Harbinger of Fools
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    GW2 continues to be an amazing game and more updates for a b2p game than sub game.  Will we stop hearing the old argument that sub games give you more?  Of course not.  Logic doesnt matter. 
  • leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319
    About time, now I might actually buy some skins off their cash shop.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by nolic1
     you can change to these roles at anytime 

Noted.

I just wanted to point out that I enjoy playing as healer and can see the limits of that role on gw2.

A 25% increase in healing should make this build a bit more viable.

Yes this will help the Ele to be more support friendly when it comes to this and the fact a new rune and sig will also inprove it to be 45% in total just if you did not know. :)

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100
    What are the chances of this being an April's fool joke?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by leinad312
    About time, now I might actually buy some skins off their cash shop.

Ditto.  I knew in my heart that I was not complaining about nothing and that enough people shared my opinion about the stones that ANet would change it.  I'm very surprised about the dyes though... maybe they fired that chick who set it up the way it was.  This update news is better than anything else I've seen in a year.  I can't freaking wait.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Dragviper
    What are the chances of this being an April's fool joke?

About the same chances that if it is, I'll keep their game on my computer.  Yes, I'd uninstall GW2 over pretty colors and wardrobe!  :p