Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: The Feature Pack is Almost Upon Us!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Over the next few weeks, we'll hear about a bunch of gameplay tweaks and quality-of-life improvements in Guild Wars 2, set to be implemented in the April 15 update. My personal favorite-most-wanted-please-can-I-have-this-soon-I'm-begging-you feature, precursor crafting, has been confirmed as not being a part of the pack, so I've outlined three other things I'd like to see implemented – if not in the Feature Pack, then somewhere shortly down the road.

Read more of Jason Winter's Guild Wars 2: The Feature Pack is Almost Upon Us!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I love the fact that they are improving the game but can't they give us an expansion soon or is it just me who wants more land to explore?
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I do, Beelze. Preferably more fun to explore than the current late game content, and Southsun.

I'm crossing fingers for the next LS arc.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Beelzebobbie
    I love the fact that they are improving the game but can't they give us an expansion soon or is it just me who wants more land to explore?

I dont know if will see a paid expansion or not but ether way I am ready for what ever they bring us right now this new feature update so far seems really good even with all the hate they are getting on it with the new trait system. I think that one sounds great so far.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

No, it certainly isn't just you. The lack of game world, re-use of zones and places to explore is the biggest issue I have with this game. It needs much more area to explore.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• gstlagstla Member Posts: 57

I agree with the direction you're taking towards karma. I'm working towards a legendary and doing Tequatl regularly (around 15k karma per successful run), but I know not everyone has the opportunity to do so.  Before I started playing I heard there were Karma-Trans of Dynamic Events in Orr (Straits of Devestation, Malchor's leap, & Cursed Shore) I'd like to see them return.  

As for exploration, I think that world completion; and the specific tasks you're charged with; finding vistas, waypoints, points of interest, & skill challenges is a good dynamic, but it doesn't really truly lend itself to exploration as you can do map completion any times over and not run into some of the cooler areas of the game, if anything it's detrimental those players actually interested in running around the world exploring. 

I think the biggest problem for the continued future of Guild Wars 2 is the living story. What I mean is that... when it comes down to it; GW2 feels...at best like a spiritual successor of the same IP of the first game; which was far easier to immerse yourself in.  I think a large part of that argument lies in the fact that GW1 was essentially a co-op game, whereas GW2 is a true MMO.  I feel as if something was truly special was lost in between the narrative of the first game and the second. 

I feel like GW2 suffers from the "Elder Scrolls" problem; what I mean is that you can do tons of things; conquer dungeons, jumping puzzles, craft several legendary weapons and the game doesn't change based on your merits. GW2 is touted as an open world wonder, but when it comes down to it; the players themselves have little impact on the world around them. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I never liked the transmutation stones (at level cap).  I refuse to spend real money on level 80 stones just to change looks that I earned fair and square.  I complained to my friends about this shortly after release. 

Sure, you can get some from chests and map completion, but you'll eventually run out.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I just want the Crystal Desert and Dwarf map to be unlocked for us (sorry forgot its name). Everytime i zoom out on map these two areas keep teasing me.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

More clothing, more armor, more places to explore and a super "I win" button that I can press to cause the Y button on my opponents keyboard to pop off and hit them in the nose.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Crystal desert please! New game systems are nice but tired of same old zones. No more living story, just shoot for a good story.
  • WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    I never liked the transmutation stones (at level cap).  I refuse to spend real money on level 80 stones just to change looks that I earned fair and square.  I complained to my friends about this shortly after release. 

Sure, you can get some from chests and map completion, but you'll eventually run out.

You can convert gold to gems. 200 gems for 5 transmutation stones.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Why any MMO doesn't have a LOTRO style appearance tab is beyond me. They all try to reinvent the wheel instead.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

I was really hoping once Scarlet took over Lion's Arch it would have been a nice twist or whatever to have LA relocate to a new area like Far Shiverpeaks or the Scarlet Desert or whatever. Would have been a nice narrative to lead into discovering, opening up and settling in a new area.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188
    I haven't actually played the game in a while. Just could not get into the last few Scarlett events. Hoping for something better to bring me back for the Feature patch. 
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

So far what they have announced is fairly underwhelming, it's a bunch of nerfs and QoL changes, no real actual features in this 'feature pack' yet.

They will have to do better than this if they hope this update will prevent a certain number of players from trying ESO. To me personally it has done the opposite, they completely destroyed my Thief main spec this patch (They basically dramatically nerfed all gear that has critical damage as an attribute), and are not even giving affected Ascended gear stat combo change options to allow players to adjust to the changes, they instead tell you to re-farm all Ascended gear... For what? Another round of dramatic combat changes rendering another spec obsolete? Or is it to promote more gem purchases so they get sold for gold?

I'm not exactly having any reason to play this game at the moment.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511

As some guy mentioned before me, you can exchange gold to gems. 

or you know 

Fully discover some maps and get those stones as a reward for your effort. 

Crazy right? 

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by raapnaap

So far what they have announced is fairly underwhelming, it's a bunch of nerfs and QoL changes, no real actual features in this 'feature pack' yet.

They will have to do better than this if they hope this update will prevent a certain number of players from trying ESO. To me personally it has done the opposite, they completely destroyed my Thief main spec this patch (They basically dramatically nerfed all gear that has critical damage as an attribute), and are not even giving affected Ascended gear stat combo change options to allow players to adjust to the changes, they instead tell you to re-farm all Ascended gear... For what? Another round of dramatic combat changes rendering another spec obsolete? Or is it to promote more gem purchases so they get sold for gold?

I'm not exactly having any reason to play this game at the moment.

There is nothing wrong in trying TESO. If anything, after trying TESO people would appreciate Gw2 a bit more and finally start to give it praise where its due, not some fan fictional hype train going on for months

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

but before all of these awesome things, beware:

the infamous GW2 April Fools Day prank in just a few more days!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by illyana

but before all of these awesome things, beware:

the infamous GW2 April Fools Day prank in just a few more days!

I totally forgot about that. Bring back the Commando, except this time for GW2.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • rogielrogiel Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Please, I would rather have the devs  implement meaningful endlevel horizontal character progression, concerning both PVE and PVP, and stop BSing around with these insignificant additions

"If I had the stars of the darkest nights or the diamonds from the deepest ocean, I would forsake them all for your sweet kiss"

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    The trait system is the horizontal system people were looking for. I can game with friends whenever i want, this already has an significant upgrade on ESO for me