Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pleasantly Surprised.

BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
This title came out of nowhere and got me intrigued. So far so good. Surely going to keep an eye out for this one. We need more sci fi MMOS. image

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Haven't heard of it yet. I'll check it out.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Just saw that screenshot on Massively yesterday and was amazed at the graphics. Doesn't seem to be a lot of info out on this yet but it seems to have come out of nowhere. Rumored beta testing starting Q2/3 this year. Looking forward to getting more information.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• jahnplayjahnplay Member UncommonPosts: 23

Are those guys the same people who made Allods Online?

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allods_Team

LFG? Join our GoodGamer LFG Finder web portal today! Free Android app also available.
    Sorrowsnow77 Blog
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

I'm kinda really excited about this game too. Look's really great!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by jahnplay

Are those guys the same people who made Allods Online?

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allods_Team

Essentially yes.

It's going to be a "sci-fi" setting, but with "magic" as well. So basically a fantasy game that's been reskinned with "sci-fi" gfx. That may explain why it "came out of nowhere", yet seems to be quite far along the development path already.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Oh, its teh Allods guys ... well then ... can look like gold, im not touching it.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by rawfox

Oh, its teh Allods guys ... well then ... can look like gold, im not touching it.

Likewise

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

What happened with Allods? I've never heard of that game.

--------------------------------------------

It's Obsidian too so we might be okay.

Obsidian is a pretty good company.

Originally posted by Wellspring
    Originally posted by rawfox Oh, its teh Allods guys ... well then ... can look like gold, im not touching it.

They only started caring about the Russian player base. If your from anywhere else, they don't care about you. BUT, it is being developed by Obsidian too so we might get lucky.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Wellspring

Nothing in term of the dev team as far as I know.  Allods has a bad name because of gpotato, the "English" publisher, though.

edit: Looks like Allods doesn't have an english publisher anymore. Mail.ru took back the game from gpotato.

Skyforge is not published by gpotato (but My.com*) and the westernization is done by Obsidian Entertainment.

*This mean it's all internal because the Allods Team belong to Mail.ru, just like My.com does.

It is still going to be a Russian MMO though.

Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by Wellspring Originally posted by rawfox Oh, its teh Allods guys ... well then ... can look like gold, im not touching it.
    Nothing in term of the dev team as far as I know.  Allods has a bad name because of gpotato, the "English" publisher, though.

edit: Looks like Allods doesn't have an english publisher anymore. Mail.ru took back the game from gpotato.

Skyforge is not published by gpotato (but My.com*) and the westernization is done by Obsidian Entertainment.

*This mean it's all internal because the Allods Team belong to Mail.ru, just like My.com does.

It is still going to be a Russian MMO though.

This game looks like gold. I can not wait to play. I rarely have "feelings" for an MMO anymore, but this one is getting to me. I mean Sci-Fi Fantasy. Finally, I thought Wildstar was it for a minute. This game is going to be something special, I can feel it.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Likewise

I too was skeptical  but since its a joint venture between Allods devs and Obsidian... i don't think there is too much to worry about. Obsidian is a very solid company. 

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Originally posted by Betaguy Originally posted by rawfox Oh, its teh Allods guys ... well then ... can look like gold, im not touching it.
    Likewise
    I too was skeptical  but since its a joint venture between Allods devs and Obsidian... i don't think there is too much to worry about. Obsidian is a very solid company. 

This^^^^ Agreed +1