Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Service = Thumbs Down

stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53

I pre-ordered yesterday hoping to get in to beta. They charged my credit card within moments of ordering. 

What's the problem? I still have no serial key. I waited until this morning to receive my key. Still nothing. 

I filed a customer service request. What's the problem? Well, glad you wondered. To fill out a request about serial key problems you need a serial key. So being forced to file under some other category, I did. What's the problem then? 7 hours later from filling out the request and going on 20 hours from ordering not I have still received no key nor has my CS request changed status from "being processed".

I have played more mmo's than I can count on mine and your fingers, this is the worst CS I have seen since AOC.

Be wary when ordering or do it long before you expect to play the game.

Comments

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

A: It is the weekend.

B: It is Sunday.

C: It is a pre-order.

• stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53

D: They can charge me, but not deliver a key? 

E: As you said it's a beta weekend, are they already taking vacations? Isn't that the time you want to be on your game and making sure your potential paying customer base is ok?

Good thing you do not work in the customer service field.

Have you ever considered that the beta weekend keys are given out BEFORE the weekend? Not that you come and pay when it is over half way done, and get one immediately? And most businesses run a skeleton crew on Sundays, especially when it comes to customer service. This is the worst ever service, because you have been waiting for a response for less than 24 hours, before the game has even launched, for something that you may not even be entitled to? Maybe you should check yourself.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Who did you pre-order from?  I ordered mine at Green Man Gaming and got 20% off the top and before I left the Green Man Gaming site I had  my key in my inbox.

Ratero.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    lol it turns out it was in his spam folder.

Have you ever considered that the beta weekend keys are given out BEFORE the weekend? Not that you come and pay when it is over half way done, and get one immediately? And most businesses run a skeleton crew on Sundays, especially when it comes to customer service. This is the worst ever service, because you have been waiting for a response for less than 24 hours, before the game has even launched, for something that you may not even be entitled to? Maybe you should check yourself.

Rally I guess you didn't read the terms of the pre order yet have you? [mod edit] It says, pre order and you will receive access to the 4 remaining beta weekends. 

It does not say pre order before the weekend to receive it. It says, pre order.  Period. 

Yes business run on a skeleton crew, not ones releasing a game or software. I know, I have been involved in both and we were all working 20 hour days on beta weekends. 

Also, yes, when I drop 75 bucks on something, I expect to receive a response asap, especially on something that should be automated like the release of game keys. 

Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    lol it turns out it was in his spam folder.

I checked. 

Originally posted by Ratero

Who did you pre-order from?  I ordered mine at Green Man Gaming and got 20% off the top and before I left the Green Man Gaming site I had  my key in my inbox.

Ratero.

I ordered from the official game site. I got the automated email saying thanks for your payment however, no automated email saying here's your game key.

It is entirely possible that it is automated, and that there has been a hiccup. The problem here is you making a huge deal out of it, like this is the worst thing that has ever happened. 20 hour wait so far? Big deal. I waited days on WoW. Rift? Also days. I waited over a week on two occasions in EQ2, and had several tickets that were never even answered in Vanguard.

In the grand scheme of things, you have barely even been waiting. Yes, you are going to lose out on this weekend, and that sucks. It does not make their customer service the worst ever. Not even close. And the reason they are likely taking so long, is because it is the weekend, and on top of that, it is now Sunday. Keep also in mind that since the game is not even launched yet, that they likely do not even have a dedicated customer service group, hence my skeleton crew comment.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by stvnkrs10

Rally I guess you didn't read the terms of the pre order yet have you? Maybe you should check yourself. It's ok if you just want to run your mouth trolling. I'll entertain. It says, pre order and you will receive access to the 4 remaining beta weekends. 

Also, yes, when I drop 75 bucks on something, I expect to receive a response asap, especially on something that should be automated like the release of game keys. 

"Access to beta weekends"

No it doesn't.

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Not sure what's more sad, the whining about "customer service" (guaranteed it's your fault, also you said it yourself you were "hoping" to get into beta) or the fact that you paid 75 dollars for this game?? People are paying that much for this game?

A two second trip to their support site, and clicking on the pre-order FAQ brought me here:

https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/43458663-I-just-purchased-a-serial-key-where-did-it-go-

You bought from their site. They dont mail you a serial number, as it is in your account...

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Let me repeat this key information

It is a SUNDAY... That is the same as saying that they are not fully staffed. Add to that the game is not released yet and there is a small chance that all support tools are not fully developed yet.

Now to list what could have gone wrong

A: Communications errors between your bank and NCSoft. (Banks don´t work on weekends either, so if there was a snafu it will not be cleared until monday)

B: Some hickup in the verification tool

C: Some problem with the mail software

D: Understaffed (in such a case real support issues will have priority)

E: Broken supporttools.

F: The fact that your issue on a scale of 1-100 ranks in on about 95 when judged for importance (unless several hundreds customers have the exact same problem. But due to having to do with financial institutions it will still not be looked in to until monday)

G: Your bank is a may-pole

H: Your ticket is sitting in a second-line que waiting a for a senior CSR to look at it.

And so on and so forth... It still pretty much boils down to... IT... IS...A... SUNDAY... In the western world NOTHING works on a sunday... Apart form pancakes... They work just fine. especially with berry preserve. 

This have been a good conversation

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I didn't have to pre-order and I can play right now, but I'm not... because I don't really want to.  Does that bother you any?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Rallycart

A two second trip to their support site, and clicking on the pre-order FAQ brought me here:

https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/43458663-I-just-purchased-a-serial-key-where-did-it-go-

You bought from their site. They dont mail you a serial number, as it is in your account...

I was just about to post that, my 15 years of MMOing tells me when you buy direct they normally put the CD key right onto your account =-) 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Rallycart

It's kind of sad that most nerd rage posts about company service ends with the complainer saying..." oh..well that's stupid"

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Dear OP: read the payment confirmation email they sent you. Starts off with "Thank you for your purchase from the WildStar Store."

It they says "You can find the serial code associated with this purchase in the above listed NC Account." . You should at some point later receive an email containing the serial code for your records, but otherwise its already applied to your account and good to go.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

This is why it's much simpler to make a thread asking "hey guys, this is what happened, did I miss something?"

than to make one complaining and saying that CS is bad. It's even more unfortunate that the same people usually don't learn from this, and jump right back on the rant wagon if they can't figure something out in the future.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

D: They can charge me, but not deliver a key? 

E: As you said it's a beta weekend, are they already taking vacations? Isn't that the time you want to be on your game and making sure your potential paying customer base is ok?

Good thing you do not work in the customer service field.

Yes their system should have an auto serial key generator when you make a purchase so something is definitely wrong.

However you can perhaps breathe a little easier knowing you can A cancel the CC charge and B >>>>ALL customer support from game developers is HORRIBLE,so we can't point the finger just at Carbine,Turbine or Porcupine .

I think every time a developer thinks about what they should setup and design for CS they take an arrow to the knee.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I pre-ordered yesterday hoping to get in to beta. They charged my credit card within moments of ordering. 

What's the problem? I still have no serial key. I waited until this morning to receive my key. Still nothing. 

I filed a customer service request. What's the problem? Well, glad you wondered. To fill out a request about serial key problems you need a serial key. So being forced to file under some other category, I did. What's the problem then? 7 hours later from filling out the request and going on 20 hours from ordering not I have still received no key nor has my CS request changed status from "being processed".

I have played more mmo's than I can count on mine and your fingers, this is the worst CS I have seen since AOC.

Be wary when ordering or do it long before you expect to play the game.

So basically you need Customer Service to tell you to read the email/faq carefully according to the replies above this one. Good job.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

What they should of done is included the serial key on the receipt.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Nitth

What they should of done is included the serial key on the receipt.

Why? It's account specific and automatically applied. Seems redundant to even have a key actually. Once the account is activated you're gtg. I'd rather just worry about my account name and password, and not have to carry around a  key that is account specific anyway.

• MaltisseMaltisse Member UncommonPosts: 34
    You check your game account on ncsofts site. The game should just b downloadable I never received a key either however my account works and the key is under game info in your game directory for ncsoft. Hope it helps
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

OP is never going to come back to this thread and admit his mistake. Oh no that would take some big cahones to do.

• shovashova Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Yah...it's automatically applied, all you have to do is go into your account...under keys click use key and it applies it right then and there. This is what happens when you don't read the print.