Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

team weighting system flawed

JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

[nerd rage]

been playing the game three months now and my biggest complaint about this game is the team matching. Not the three tier system but matching up the people behind the keyboards. Just been on a losing streak of 12 losses in a row. Now figure any given game you have a .5 chance of winning but the chances of winning twice in a row would be .5 x .5 or .25 , 3 times in a row .5x.5x.5 or .125 % now run that out to .5^12 and you end up with .00953. Something is crewed with the game weighting system and Wargaming and the most of the crowd on the official forums refuses to admit it but play the game for a while and you will see many many long streaks of wins or losses.

[/nerd rage ]

I miss DAoC

Comments

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Yeah.. I have to agree that whoever designed the "fair" matching system is full of it..  I have only been playing for less then a month and I've had way to many matches that were lost before they even started..  Just yesterday I got on my StuG, and poof.. The match was our 3 heavies against a team with 8 KV-1s..   They went thru us like a hot knife thru butter..  I understand that the KV1 back in the day were almost immune to most shell attacks.. HOWEVER, it was no secret that the KV (Kliment Voroshilov) tank had a less then impressive offensive gun..  It's accuracy was not impressive, which we all know that the KV's in the game hit the target more often then miss..  And it wasn't long before the long barrel guns of other tanks could penetrate the KV's armor.. 

But anyways.. I digress..  The matching program is very flawed and I can only assume there is no true "fair" matching system but only the myth and illusion there is one, so the gamers can feel "happy"..  As much as I like the game, there are definite bias by the devs who and what tanks get love, and others don't..  MATCHING system included..  LOL

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Its not flawed. Its how they get you to play for premiums.

I noticed it right when I started to play. Once I started to upgrade my starter tanks what was it the German "something"traktor the game would start putting me in higher tier battles. So that I always needed to upgrade to have a chance. But once I upgraded it bumped me again.

Its designed to make you need to upgrade and or spend money to stay on an equal footing.

I played when it first came out, spent about $40 or so dollars and still I would end up 70% of the time outclassed (out tier'd) in almost every game. Maybe 1 out of 20 or so matches I would be a top tier tank in the battle.

Decided to give it another try about a year ago under a new account and just play in the 1st tier they start you out in. By the time my crew got about 70% in Xp and I 100% upgraded my little 'tractor they serious started matching me me against tier 2 tanks 3/4 of the time and tier 3 tanks the other 25% of the time.

I would be in battles where the op-force would seriously ignore me because I couldnt penetrate the armor or even damage their treads. And then they one shot popped me.

I had one battle where it matched my tier 1 against a tier 4, and you know hop he killed me? He rammed me over and over till I blew up, while my shots just bounced off. Thats when I said "fuck it" for a second time.

My advice, is dont waste your money, or your time. For the 1st fifty or so battles it will be fun and balanced, after that expect the same experience I had, that is unless you spend money.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    it could have been great B2P game with proper matching. alas...
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by JaggaSpikes
    it could have been great B2P game with proper matching. alas...

Now that I agree with..  Make the tanks and matches balanced.. and only put vanity items in the cash shop like camo..