Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nostalgia

ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
Does anyone else miss this game as much as me? I'm talking pre-CU/pre-NGE back when the whole world was fresh and ready for exploration, I remember being so new I joined the Imperials and died on a faction mission to blow up a Rebel power generator...the freedom, the sandbox, so many class choices..why can no other game get this right?

Comments

• aalibeyaalibey Member CommonPosts: 5
    I still miss it crazy.  Ever since the shut down I haven't played another game proper.
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Hey OP...sent you a PM :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

My wife and I just recently found some old video and screen shots from SWG.  She put them together here.  Enjoy.

Remembering SWG - Starsider

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited May 2016
    Oh man, i started to listen to SWG Cantina Crawl videos on Youtube:

This and two dozen like it .... nostalgia hit me like a bullet train ... like an ache deep down that no MMO since then could fill.

Have fun

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Dancing animations pretty impressive for an old game. The choreography and good pick for music.

• MatchuMatchu Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Brilliant thread. It's amazing that even after all these years I make a pilgrimage to these pages every once in a while to remember the awesomeness that was SWG, pre NGE.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304

One of the greatest games ever pre-cu

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

www.SWGCHOICE.com. 

Suposedly, MMORPG.com is allowing talk of the emulators now.  I wish they'd put the servers on their game list tho.  NO subs, NO stores, NO lockboxes, EVER!  (yeah, I played ESO)  We're pre-official launch but are accepting whoever signs up.  This server has kids and women playing on it so we moderate General and Planet chat quite a bit.  Please keep it clean.

Pre-CU skillboxes/combat.  3 new planets being developed right now.  Mandelore, Taneb, and Drummond Koss.  1st one should hit test center in about 2 weeks.  NGE houses are in and craftable!  Many other things are in and coming.  Ground game is 99.1% complete.  JTL is not in as yet.  This server will have village jedi (in regular PVP) and pre-patch 9 (alpha) jedi that will have their own PVP system of light v Dark.