Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Ebonhart Areas Need a New Make-Over?

KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
What do you guys think, I think that the Ebonhart pact areas are pretty spaced out and bare looking, should there be more grass coverd trees, maybe more mountainous hills in the zone, it just seems so bare....   Does it need a makeover in some way, what are your ideas of a makeover for that area to make It more appealing to players.   It seems its the lowest picked place in every poll for starting in.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I liked it overthere..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AvulAvul Member Posts: 196
    The starter islands are pretty o.k. in my opinion. But I didn't enjoy the "volcanic" areas after that. But I won't play on the EP side anyways so that isn't a big deal for me. :)

Elite: Dangerous - Space Exploration & Trading.

• EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

No they don't. They already catered to the sea of endless whiners, and gave them a option to skip, the starting areas. If people don't understand, RPGs require a attention span, they should play something else. Part of the problem with most RPGs/MMOs the past handful of years, is they started making them for people who don't play them. You know? Generation ADD who are entitled.

If you don't like the area? Maybe try a different alliance? I'm stuck with AD, because my guild picked that one. I really like all of them though.

"What tastes like purple?"

Originally posted by Epicon

No they don't. They already catered to the sea of endless whiners, and gave them a option to skip, the starting areas. If people don't understand, RPGs require a attention span, they should play something else. Part of the problem with most RPGs/MMOs the past handful of years, is they started making them for people who don't play them. You know? Generation ADD who are entitled.

If you don't like the area? Maybe try a different alliance? I'm stuck with AD, because my guild picked that one. I really like all of them though.

As we all know, those people that whined will burn out on PvP in less then 30 days..

Leaving us behind with a broken starter experience.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ImprovVImprovV Member Posts: 14
    WTF? How is the starter experience broken? Holy hell are some of you real drama queens. Having to talk to an NPC that is going to be right in front of your face to go back makes it broken?
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by ImprovV
    WTF? How is the starter experience broken? Holy hell are some of you real drama queens. Having to talk to an NPC that is going to be right in front of your face to go back makes it broken?

This was put in after last beta so they probably dint know about it.   Also, a remake of the look of the area in Ebonhart is what is being discussed not RPG of the game, which is doing great.  So yes, they do not know how to use the three seashells.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

You've been beyond Stonefalls in the ebonheart pact? I doubt it, otherwise you wouldn't be calling for a remake.

Each alliance has their "more" and "less" appealing zones / areas, since not everyone likes every type of scenery.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Originally posted by ImprovV

And then when you take the boat back to the starter island, someone will run up to you and talk about how they saw you fall from the sky into the water and drug you out. Unless they went back and changed the dialog for the initial quests they are still set  for you to fall out of the sky into the water from Cold Harbor.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    It's Morrowind and the black marsh... It's suppose to be bleak.  
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Personally I wish there'd be more of Skyrim to play in but otherwise, I guess it was ok. So, no. It's just personally I prefer the mood in Daggerfall and AD. *shrug* But the Skyrim and Morrowind fandom alone will bring in enough people playing Ebonheart faction.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I like the grim setting of the Ebonheart zones, it makes it feel more immersive to the ongoing plot.

As for additional Skyrim zones, well that's extremely obvious expansion content right there. Skyrim sold extremely well and I would not be surprised if it is the destination of the first expansion, or perhaps even a content update.

Originally posted by raapnaap

I like the grim setting of the Ebonheart zones, it makes it feel more immersive to the ongoing plot.

As for additional Skyrim zones, well that's extremely obvious expansion content right there. Skyrim sold extremely well and I would not be surprised if it is the destination of the first expansion, or perhaps even a content update.

I am looking forward to the moment my Daggerfall toon will enter these Grim lands...

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Skyrim sold extremely well and I would not be surprised if it is the destination of the first expansion, or perhaps even a content update.

I think if you look back, a lot of hate of the game I believe came from skyrim when people got to it because of this reason.   If you look at people like Angry Joe who said they hated the game based of that area, and then liked it when they played the Aldmeri Dominion.   There definatly is a graphical difference to each area.   I thought it should be reworked based on the amount of players who will end up there first and judge the whole game on it. 

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    I think most of the people who will choose the EP side will do so because of Skyrim. Then they will get there and all they will see is bleak ugly volcanic landscape then then swamp. They will be WTF! Where is my snow covered mountains!
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I mostly played my Argonian nightblade in beta so ended up in EP to mid teens. I cannot choose it as my main faction. It is too dark and boring until later levels. Once I managed to get to the main city when the next zone opened up it became more interesting but hte first 15 levels did not inspire me at all. I enjoyed the other 2 factions early on.

It just isn't my thing and I think the Dunmer and even the Nord to a lesser degree are part of the reason. I find the Dunmer humorless and boring and the Nord a little too one dimensional in character. 

Lately I am leaning back toward my choice of Argonian (seeing ZOS implies their racials were going to be tweaked) and possibly with AD (may as well keep the tailed races together ;) ) or a Breton in DC.

You stay sassy!