Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO To Watch In 2014: Black Desert Online

XaenexXaenex Member UncommonPosts: 70

Talk about a beautiful game. This video is the second in my new series. In it I provide detailed information, and a few opinions, about this upcoming sandbox MMO being developed by PearlAbyss. I touch on many aspects of the game, such as its PvP and PvE content, class system, gender lock, and much more. Hope you enjoy it and please share your thoughts (:

Comments

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

Even just visually this game could keep me entertained for hours. Its defiently now on my watch list, thanks alot!

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    Same really interested in this it looks great and some of the stuff I read makes it sound really cool. Only concern I have is we wont see this till maybe end of 2015 or even beyond.

• XaenexXaenex Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Swids2010
    Same really interested in this it looks great and some of the stuff I read makes it sound really cool. Only concern I have is we wont see this till maybe end of 2015 or even beyond.

According to PearlAbyss, the devs of the game, the English client will be done by Spring of next year. Until then, the biggest worry, according to PA, is finding a publisher for the game. If all goes well, the NA/English beta for the game will be Q2 2014.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Xaenex

Talk about a beautiful game. This video is the second in my new series. In it I provide detailed information, and a few opinions, about this upcoming sandbox MMO being developed by PearlAbyss. I touch on many aspects of the game, such as its PvP and PvE content, class system, gender lock, and much more. Hope you enjoy it and please share your thoughts (:

Where have you been for the last six months lol, anyway Black Desert will not be over in Europe or the NA in 2014. The games is only on it's second or third beta in Korea.

I've followed the game for a while, i've got Korean friends so hopefully i can get into a beta sometime in 2014.

Don't even think they have a western dev yet, they confirmed that a China Gstar 2 months ago, mmorpg.com didn't even follow it or do a write up lol.

Anyway here is the second game play trailer plus their are tons of vids.

The siege system is sounding epic, it all happens in the open world and not just one area like ESO plus you can climb walls and use elephants to break down gates and walls.

Check the vid Gstar trailer 2

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

I rarely follow asian mmos closely until near release but this sounds interesting. Not likely one I'll play atm unless the other mmos of next year all suck.

I did not know until now how pvp and even rvr focused this game really is. I'd love to see it compared to CU when both are finally out (I know this game will be nicer eye candy but still prefer a more western serious art style) and different their approach to large scale pvp is.

You stay sassy!

Please don't spread false information :P. PearlAbyss themselves have already said they're developing the English client. They don't need a dev team to do it as they've already been working on it for at least the path month :P They also gave a timeline in their most recent GM Diary in which they said the client will be translated into English by the next Korean Beta phase which is in Spring.

As I said before, and as they themselves have said, the biggest issue is finding and signing a publishing deal for the west, but the game will be made available in the west at some point down the line. 100% Guaranteed.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Please don't spread false information :P. PearlAbyss themselves have already said they're developing the English client. They don't need a dev team to do it as they've already been working on it for at least the path month :P They also gave a timeline in their most recent GM Diary in which they said the client will be translated into English by the next Korean Beta phase which is in Spring.

As I said before, and as they themselves have said, the biggest issue is finding and signing a publishing deal for the west, but the game will be made available in the west at some point down the line. 100% Guaranteed.

Who the DON'T wanna publish this game. I would be all over this if I was a publisher. Jfc. And testing for us in EU and US by Q2... That sounds to good to be true...

Yes they are developing an English client but the FACT remains they do NOT have a western publisher. You wont see this game in the west in 2014 imo, it's only just come out of the second beta phase in Korea.

No one is saying the game wont be in the west, hell i know more about the game than you by the looks of it, did you know they are going to put it on the new gen consoles as well, i guess not.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Yea we are going to be watching Koreans play it in 2014 just like Archeage
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I rarely follow asian mmos closely until near release but this sounds interesting. Not likely one I'll play atm unless the other mmos of next year all suck.

I did not know until now how pvp and even rvr focused this game really is. I'd love to see it compared to CU when both are finally out (I know this game will be nicer eye candy but still prefer a more western serious art style) and different their approach to large scale pvp is.

The art style is very western in fact it looks more western than GW2.

To the OP, did i mention that other game that also has some great features. Only thing is it's not action combat like Black Desert.

Bless also a vast seamless world with pvp sieges and factions in the open world.

The world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaRFncBScRM

Actually, I knew of their desire and their plan, as well as their meetings with SOE. There's been several news pieces that I myself (on the site that I work for) and many other sites have covered. I refrained from putting this development in this video as the development of the porting hasn't even started yet, unlike the development of the English version.

Anyway sir, I'm not going to try to begin a debate on what I know vs what you know, as my intention with this video is to bring awareness of the game to those who may have never heard of it. It's also for those who have have heard about the game, but know very little about it.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Saw it first 6 months ago... beautiful!

But I'm not about to spend 2-3 years waiting for it...wake me up when it gets here.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

It all sounds amazing, and looks good. I hope it all pans out, but... :P There's one thing I just feel isn't right. Might just be me. Anyway, it feels like to me when I look through these trailers, watch pictures and so on, that the characters quite frankly don't fit into this world. They're way too "plastic" looking and glossy. They just look wrong. Is it just me, or? oO

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Most Korean games look really appealing at first sight but lack in other departments, most of them in actual gameplay/content.

Black Desert gives me a uncanny valley vibe.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

Thanks but I'd rather wait. I've seen plenty of Korean MMOs I want to play but have been waiting ages.

They're even released in some 10th globally ranked language before they're ported to English.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Tamanous

The art style is very western in fact it looks more western than GW2.

To the OP, did i mention that other game that also has some great features. Only thing is it's not action combat like Black Desert.

Bless also a vast seamless world with pvp sieges and factions in the open world.

The world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaRFncBScRM

Gotta disagree, looked like an anime cartoon to me.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    I've yet to play a korean MMO that interested me more than a couple of weeks so eh
    Another video is coming soon :)
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I can tell from that video that I'm not interested no matter what features they put in the game. Clunky animations and sluggish movement are a game breaker for me, you simply cannot succeed with them.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I've been sporadically following this game and I could have sworn in a recent interview in the late fall or maybe it was a video they stated probably not 2014 for the West. I highly doubt we will see it this year. I do think its a beautiful looking game, but seriously? You compared shooting a bird out of the sky to sandbox? Lol. It would have been nice to hear about true sandbox features if they really exist. Though you used the words Super Excited a lot, it was not encouraging to hear how the PVE isn't anything to be excited about. Hopefully you'll be wrong. I did like how they are handling the gender classes. Finally a Wizard versus a Scorcerer :-). I guess a lot more men will be playing women more than they already do.

There Is Always Hope!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Won't be released in the West in 2014, might not even make 2015. Even then we'll likely be on some older version that's a couple behind Korea, which is annoying to me.

Not impressed yet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    very impressed by some of what I've seen from this game but we won't see it here in 2014
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I was hopeful, but this isn't the Steampunk one, so now not so much.  Meh.

How can people say the genre is dying when there are so many new games coming out that the names are starting to run together?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Hoping to see a lot of improvement on the engine in cbt2.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I played Korean beat, you can see my vid here:

Game is a blast, but don't expect it till 2015

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"