Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will A lot Of Tamriel Be Locked Off At Launch Like In The Beta?

I have seen digital pre-order sites for the Digital Imperial Edition and it already lets you download the game. It had a lot of bugs and most of Tamriel was blank on the map. Will it be like this at Launch? 

It would be VERY GREEDY AND STUPID, if they also required you to download paid DLC for extra zones on Tamriel in addition to the monthly sub. 

I think this will be a great MMO but I don't think I will dedicate more than 5 months to it. I am going to play this like a single player elder scrolls game then do some pve dungeons along the way and some pvp. By september 2014 after 5 months of playing and logging 320-400 hours I will probably stop playing. 

I like that the MMO plays like a traditional Elder scrolls game in the single player aspect. Then I won't feel any regret like I did with playing WoW if I stop playing it.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

You will not have access to the "whole world" and the rest will be fleshed out in future content. I imagine they will be paid expansions. I personally don't think this is "greedy" but your mileage may vary.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Originally posted by Macrinus101

I have seen digital pre-order sites for the Digital Imperial Edition and it already lets you download the game. It had a lot of bugs and most of Tamriel was blank on the map. Will it be like this at Launch? 

It would be VERY GREEDY AND STUPID, if they also required you to download paid DLC for extra zones on Tamriel in addition to the monthly sub. 

I think this will be a great MMO but I don't think I will dedicate more than 5 months to it. I am going to play this like a single player elder scrolls game then do some pve dungeons along the way and some pvp. By september 2014 after 5 months of playing and logging 320-400 hours I will probably stop playing. 

I like that the MMO plays like a traditional Elder scrolls game in the single player aspect. Then I won't feel any regret like I did with playing WoW if I stop playing it.

There will be no DLC in ESO. You will get access to everything that is available in the game. 

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    No clue but you have to consider the amount of content. . of someone made a word 3X the size of the game you are playing but left some areas of the in game map for future use would that be greedy or less fair?  It all depends how it is being handled.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    really depends on what constitutes an expansion in the eyes of the publisher. you'll get all the current game world with the inital purchase as well as small to mid updates. Expansion sized updates they have not commented on, but going by their current payment trends....paid expansions via box or dlc seems likely.
  • Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44

So the game world really isn't as big as I thought it was. So we will get a half finished game at launch. That is pathetic and I am sick of this trend in gaming. The fact that all of Tamriel is not complete is not acceptable. Their first expansion should add every single region in the rest of Tamriel at least. I hope we would be able to explore more of Oblivion since the Daedra are central to the story line in ESO.

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Like all MMOs, they left room to expand. You'll get a lot of the world, but parts will be closed off for future expansions.

LIke its been metioned its part of the game. Im sure they will have paid expansions.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

So the game world really isn't as big as I thought it was. So we will get a half finished game at launch. That is pathetic and I am sick of this trend in gaming. The fact that all of Tamriel is not complete is not acceptable. Their first expansion should add every single region in the rest of Tamriel at least. I hope we would be able to explore more of Oblivion since the Daedra are central to the story line in ESO.

Then by that reasoning all of the elder scrolls games were "half fished".

You couldn't go to Elswer in Morrowind. You couldn't go to hammerfell in Oblvion.

ESO has never claimed to flesh out every mile of the Elder Scrolls universe. Quite frankly, given how long it takes to make just one of the elder scrolls games, flesh it out with adventures and places, how could the entirety of Tamriel be created in any reasonable amount of time?

Sorry but I think a tempering of expectations is in order.

And ... keep in mind that, at heart, I'm one of those "I want morrowind/skyrim online" people. had I my druthers I would not have picked the current incarnation of Elder Srolls online "one bit".

But, it is what it is and I'm not one of those people who seeth and bitch and moan 'til kingdom come. I'll take it for what it is and evaluate it for what it does.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

I am all for this game, but I did not know that all of the map we have been shown, is not completely available.  That disappoints me because my favorite part of an MMO is the exploration.  I will not comment negatively just yet, because I truly do not know how much content there will be, at release. There may be tons of hidden caves, dungeons, towers, forts, etc... that will be revealed upon release. I am hoping that Zenimax has a bunch of surprises awaiting us.  

Only time will tell if there will be enough content to keep me and the majority of their subscribers busy for a long time to come. As an example, when Guild Wars 2 first came out, I had a blast exploring all of the land, hidden caves, jumping puzzles, etc... But as I ran out of places to explore, puzzles to solve, and quests to do, I got bored and quit the game. I did not enjoy GW2's end game at all.  So, I will remain optimistic toward Elder Scrolls Online, and hope for the best. From what I have seen in 3 Beta events, the game is a lot of fun to play. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

That's a leap... Doesn't include every square inch of real estate in a given Ip= half finished game (can't think of a single game that has done that) : Wouldn't half finished indicate they started working on those areas and stopped? Was LOTRO half finished? Is it still?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Its normal they left room for expansions.... but i agree it was misleading a bit as in they showed the full map and gave the impression its all there. They never said it so their ass is covered... but i totally agree that they did a lot of questionable marketing...

Still, with veteran and veteran+ areas you have a lot of content... however as the past beta showed most of it is bugged out and unplayable... if they fix that before launch i think you will be happy with how much content there is.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

All the existing ESO zones will be available to you at launch with your purchase.  When and via what payment model future zones will be added is not known at the moment. 

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    There are 4 other continents around Tamriel, these could also be possible expansion locations with other races and classes. Lots of things to think about, lets just hope what they have right now will be enough for a long time! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    I think 5 months is a good amount of time to judge end game and see if you really hate the game or not.  Its a fair honest amount of time to give a game to mature enough  and to see what kind of direction it will take. 
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    I think it leaves room for a great deal of future development, which is a good thing.
    Isaiah 41:10