Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kajiit racial help bow damage ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Can someone clarify if the Kajiit racial bonus helps bow users damage output...and exactly how it does  help ?

Thanks.

Comments

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Can someone clarify if the Kajiit racial bonus helps bow users damage output...and exactly how it does  help ?

Thanks.

Stealthy: yes - 10% dmg increase for attacks out of stealth or invisibility

Carnage: no

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    it can help you with your opening damage coming out of stealth with a big bow hit but overall I prefer the other racials with more regen focused racials it allows for more damage overall if you keep resources coming in and with the ability to change stam into mana or health into stam etc etc having your regen increase can really help you sustain never ending damage or survivability
  • HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Most people will roll khajiit who want to PVP with nightblade, already got old seeing it in beta.
  • the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by HabitualFrogStomp
    Most people will roll khajiit who want to PVP with nightblade, already got old seeing it in beta.

ya if they want to play rouge like stealth oriented melee nightblade khijat is super popular however It doesnt bother me becuase you can be khajit in any alliance at launch so atleast the nightblade rouges will be spread out even if they all like the same race.  Its not uncommon when you have racials for there to be a best race for a certain type of class.  The same could be said for Undead rogues at the start of WoW Vanilla.

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    What Atziluth said is true. Though, there are comparable races for an end-game Nightblade that can, in some ways, outshine the Khajiit. Also, I would be absolutely surprised if Carnage didn't get nerfed before or shortly after release. Personally, I'll be rolling an Imperial Nightblade after having played a Khajiit in beta already. The HP% and Stamina% increases are very nice end-game as well as the proc (can add around 250-400 effective health in a fight).
    Originally posted by Kyelthis
    What Atziluth said is true. Though, there are comparable races for an end-game Nightblade that can, in some ways, outshine the Khajiit. Also, I would be absolutely surprised if Carnage didn't get nerfed before or shortly after release. Personally, I'll be rolling an Imperial Nightblade after having played a Khajiit in beta already. The HP% and Stamina% increases are very nice end-game as well as the proc (can add around 250-400 effective health in a fight).

That's what Im doing as well. The Khajiit seems nice on paper, but  if you're getting the drop on someone from stealth and get first shot on them, and CC, you're going to win most fights bonus or not. What I would be concerned with is surviving the same thing happening to me. So Imperial for the increased health for me too.

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Kyelthis

That's what Im doing as well. The Khajiit seems nice on paper, but  if you're getting the drop on someone from stealth and get first shot on them, and CC, you're going to win most fights bonus or not. What I would be concerned with is surviving the same thing happening to me. So Imperial for the increased health for me too.

Good points. From what I played of PvP in Cyrodiil (about 15-20 hours) I noticed that the 10% increase in damage didn't really matter when really looking the numbers. Now, min/maxers will still probably want Khajiit, but in my opinion the bonuses are kinda superfluous with a solid build/gear at high levels. But, having an increase to all health/stamina you have from stats allocated or gear, at end-game, will make a larger impact I think.

And again, that proc? It might not proc all the time, but that thing would have saved me in some 1vX's I was in last beta.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by atziluth

Thanks.

are u saying that carnage 15% crit dmg doesnt apply for bows?

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Nacario

Thanks.

They are just misinformed.  It has been confirmed numerous times that +15% crit dmg DOES apply to bows since it is physical damage just like melee damage.  So this is still a damn good racial period and very, very worthwile.

do u know how much crit dmg % the thief stone gives (or was it the shadow)? That must be pretty op combined with Carnage if its like 20 or 25% combined, especially with a nightblade that crits everytime from stealth
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Most OP racial in the game. No idea what they were thinking.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Not sure about that.  I would rate High Elf 6% permanent damage boost to elemental damage up there. Also Imperials for tanks / melee PvP (12% max HP and lifetaps).

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Not sure about that.  I would rate High Elf 6% permanent damage boost to elemental damage up there. Also Imperials for tanks / melee PvP (12% max HP and lifetaps).

I think the Altmer only works for the secondary effects like burning.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

For PvP, Orcs have the most OP racial.  People overlook them because they're Orcs.  Orcs can sprint around like nobody else can, and when they get to where they want to be, they still have plenty of stamina to cleave off some arms lol.  Most other races you face it's fight or flight.  With Orcs it's fight or die, you can't outrun an Orc :)

It's been this way forever.  People always call out those they cannot run away from in PvP.  People to this day still cry about Feral Druid in PvP in WoW, because nobody can outrun them.  Blizzard even had to change a major mechanic (separated bear and cat form specs) to try and fix it, because you could run in and bleed people then run away and go bear form and not take damage.  Orc will be much the same way,  skirmishing can easily take down a larger foe.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Gravarg

For PvP, Orcs have the most OP racial.  People overlook them because they're Orcs.  Orcs can sprint around like nobody else can, and when they get to where they want to be, they still have plenty of stamina to cleave off some arms lol.  Most other races you face it's fight or flight.  With Orcs it's fight or die, you can't outrun an Orc :)

It's been this way forever.  People always call out those they cannot run away from in PvP.  People to this day still cry about Feral Druid in PvP in WoW, because nobody can outrun them.  Blizzard even had to change a major mechanic (separated bear and cat form specs) to try and fix it, because you could run in and bleed people then run away and go bear form and not take damage.  Orc will be much the same way,  skirmishing can easily take down a larger foe.

The Orc speed boost is nice for long distance running. You can get similar discounts from Medium Armor and you can get insane short range speed boosts from Sorc and NB skills (30% or 50% speed - both of which you can maintain fairly well at higher lvls.

EVERYONE doing melee builds on tweaker sites is using Khajit as the number one pick for melee damage. It just hands down wins for doing the most damage.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Thanks.

They are just misinformed.  It has been confirmed numerous times that +15% crit dmg DOES apply to bows since it is physical damage just like melee damage.  So this is still a damn good racial period and very, very worthwile.

The real question is how long will Carnage continue to apply to bows when you consider that even the most casual weekend tester knows that the Khajiit currently have a big advantage over the race, Bosmer, that is supposed to be the best at bows?

If you roll a Khajiit for bows, you're taking a huge chance. You'll soon see a patch note that says:  "* Carnage now only applies to melee damage as intended" I just hope they do it before release or the whining by all those Khajiits will be loud when they realize their secret OP race selection wasn't as secret or as OPd as they thought.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

Thanks.

The real question is how long will Carnage continue to apply to bows when you consider that even the most casual weekend tester knows that the Khajiit currently have a big advantage over the race, Bosmer, that is supposed to be the best at bows?

If you roll a Khajiit for bows, you're taking a huge chance. You'll soon see a patch note that says:  "* Carnage now only applies to melee damage as intended" I just hope they do it before release or the whining by all those Khajiits will be loud when they realize their secret OP race selection wasn't as secret or as OPd as they thought.

If they made such a dratic change like that post launch they sure better offer a race change or they will be hearing it from a LOT of people.

Thanks.

If they made such a dratic change like that post launch they sure better offer a race change or they will be hearing it from a LOT of people.

Since when do bug fixes need explaining? Assuming it is a bug.

Oh and theres gonna be a lot more drastic changes than that, its an MMO. And people will be crying regardless.

Thanks.

Since when do bug fixes need explaining? Assuming it is a bug.

Oh and theres gonna be a lot more drastic changes than that, its an MMO. And people will be crying regardless.

Exactly they need to state ASAP if a bug or not as a lot of NB are using this race because of that racial bonus just like other classes are going certain races for said class bonus.  This impacts a lot of builds and would be insane to change it per say after someone rolls it and hit lvl 30 and then oh by the way we made a mistake.  This is not your typical bug fix, etc.

Thanks.

Have you even read the description of Carnage? Notice the "melee" word there?  It says it for the increased chance % but doesn't say it again for the damage increase %. Do you think the % damage increase is really supposed to apply to non-melee? It's a bug and that's all it is.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Then they should put melee in there for the damage part also - simple as that and easy :)
    Then they should put melee in there for the damage part also - simple as that and easy :)

Lol. It is in there just not twice. It would probably be worse English to say it twice.

I mean, if you're going to take the position that as written it applies to all physical damage, why stop there? Why not also spell damage?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Thanks.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/need-this-khaj-question-answered/

It seemes like Carnage now only affects melee attacks, not bow, as it was supposed to. This should bring greater diversity than making cats op in both melee and bow (which fits bosmer lore)

• daoc4lifedaoc4life Member Posts: 16

Thanks.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/need-this-khaj-question-answered/

It seemes like Carnage now only affects melee attacks, not bow, as it was supposed to. This should bring greater diversity than making cats op in both melee and bow (which fits bosmer lore)

when I see an actual post from the maker of the game it will be official...but that link shows about dick except someone some where stating its this or that...with that said they need to completely change that talent because at end game that amount of crit is huge.

I'll be rolling for it alone but for completely different reasons than the select few whom are privy as to why.

Lol. It is in there just not twice. It would probably be worse English to say it twice.

I mean, if you're going to take the position that as written it applies to all physical damage, why stop there? Why not also spell damage?

From the AMA....

Cheers! Is there a reasoning that the Khajiit passive Carnage doesn’t work with Bow/Ranged attacks?

That’s a bug. Whoops! I thought we fixed it already. I’ll check to make sure that’s fixed today! Should be good to go for launch.