Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO or FF 14 (ps 4)??

kalimar42kalimar42 Member Posts: 19

I can't decide which one to get. I tried the beta for both and they both have there good and bad stuff.

In everyone's honest no rants opinion which one would you go with??

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Why not both? Personally I like ESO better though.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

It really depends on your style of MMO you prefer. But since you asked opinions...

I would go with ESO, it's gonna have a strong fan base and super fun PvP as well as more than enough content to keep you busy. I beta tested FF14 as well and it was good, but it's a different style of combat and game really. It focuses a lot on gear and repetition which isn't a bad thing, it might be what you were looking for.

If I had a PS4 I would buy ESO, I feel you get the most out of your money in quality and content.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by kalimar42

I can't decide which one to get. I tried the beta for both and they both have there good and bad stuff.

In everyone's honest no rants opinion which one would you go with??

If you're looking for PvP, then go ESO.

If you're looking for a better PvE experience, go FF14. 

ESO feels slow to me. I however do like PvP.  I don't want to have to suffer through the slow crap to get to the PvP though.  I wouldn't pay to play ESO.  

That being said, I very much enjoyed FF14 when I played the beta.  I wasn't in a financial situation to buy it when it first came out, so I didn't, but I enjoyed it all the same.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• RavrakSmithRavrakSmith Member UncommonPosts: 19
    If you are 11-16 years old you'll love Final Fantasy. If you are older go ESO. It's just my opinion. I may be wrong.
  • geelgeel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I get claustrophobic whilst playing FF14. Small zones and loading screens every 5 mins ruin an mmorpg for me personally. So ESO!
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    ESO, unless you just really, really love JRPGs.  Also, PC, not PS4.  MMOs on consoles, bad idea.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• ExzyzExzyz Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Ive played both games (ESO beta) and I find ESO more fun, but its my personal taste ofc. 
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Unless you are a huge FF fan, ESO.
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

FF14 for PvE, story.

ESO - PvP.

Eso =/ Online Skyrim.  You will be very disappointed if you think ESO is like Skyrim.

• vipurrvipurr Member Posts: 13
    Final Fantasy XIV at end game became nothing but grinding.  Some of the dungeons are beyond reality.  The many fast mechanics, plus the lag make some impossible.  Also don't believe what Yoshi tells you on content coming out. There was a huge ad campaign about guild housing including all the crafting.  When it was to be released NO ONE could buy one so it wasn't available like they advertised.  That had a lot leave the game on top of the HUGE GRIND.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Two very different games has been said but I always look at end game unless your a alt-oholic. FF right now has a very solid end game with great raids, player housing and a really fun crafting system. ESO end game so far is just the DAoC RvR map. They have some things in the works but nothing really there yet. I have no doubt both games will have lots to do but I like seeing there is tones of end game content before I jump in now days.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Final Fantasy XIV

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by RavrakSmith
    If you are 11-16 years old you'll love Final Fantasy. If you are older go ESO. It's just my opinion. I may be wrong.

That's a nice overgeneralization.  You do realize many people that play FF14 were people that played FF11 when they were in high school or college?  And that was over 10 years ago.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I'd play ESO over XIV any day and this is coming from someone who has been a Final Fantasy fanboy for the better part of 15 years. 
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    if you have to ask you aren't a scrolls fan buy your soccer game.
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244

ITs a hard one to call that after playing ff14 since re launch and beta of ESO they are two very different games. And I doubt nobody could give you a honest answer because they gonna tell you to play the one they like. Me personally I would be looking at which one is going to give me more enjoyment.

• RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Raunu
    Originally posted by kalimar42

If you're looking for PvP, then go ESO.

If you're looking for a better PvE experience, go FF14. 

re:op.  This ^ is the feedback you are looking for.

Simple and helpful.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

FF14 would probably make a pretty good console MMO.

I would simply keep an eye on ESO and it's progress. Buy it later if it turns out well.