Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boost to 90 is now available for $60.00

13»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Already boosted one of my toons. Got it free when I pre-ordered WoD. Can't say that I'd buy another one unless I get real itchy and decide to boost my druid so I can have one of each tank class at 90. That's all I'm missing at this point. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    I'd rather buy a new game...

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by someforumguy

This is really funny. Pay $60 to skip content. I wonder how many other devs for upcoming MMO's now see this with $$ in their eyes, thinking that they should try this from the start. The next preorder perk lol.

Marketing logic :

Well, the average player needs about 5 months to obtain this. Which is 5x$15, is $75 on average. But we decided to let you have the complete package for $60! That's cutting my own throat, mr! ;)

Mr. Dibbler would be proud.

Your logic example fails because it doesn't take even one month to reach max level in WoW these days. Not even if you only play say 10 hours a week.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i've already seen Cata once and it was a very boring expansion for me

i'd rather pay $60.00 than experience Cata again

but i would first get my character to at least 60 -- so my tradeskills can be maxed out image

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    You can buy level 90s cheaper from elsewhere. Blizzard priced themselves out of the market.
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Shadoed

It does make me chuckle seeing words like 'disgusting' thrown about at this announcement. What is disgusting about it, really, give us one good reason why this is a 'disgusting' move on Blizzards part?

Do i see this as a move to allow new players to skip content - no.

Will some new players use it to skip content - maybe.

Does it have more to do with returning players and them being able to catch up to their previous guild mates etc - totally.

World of Warcraft is a ten year old game with players who have been through the content time and time again and others that left at various stages of expansion that do not want to have to spend the time catching up just to go through the new content with their friends. So personally it makes perfect sense to allow people to do this as it encourages those that left to return and sub once more.

As for the whole 'they will charge for anything' bit, well, just get over it, they are a business first and foremost, not a charity and you are not forced to buy in to this if you don't choose to, you can take your free 90 from buying the expansion and level the rest for yourself anyway. I personally have no need for it as i have all of my chars to 90 already, but i don't pour scorn on those that choose to use the service if they feel it is right for them.

You keep telling yourself that...all your posts are pro - WoW, so it's hard to talk to you

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I pre-ordered and I used my free 90 on my level 60 shaman. Here are my thoughts on the whole deal:

I believe a character should be level 60 before it can be boosted to 90. By level 60, a person should have a working knowledge of the class mechanics. What I am seeing already are tanks and healers that have no idea how to play their role. You are seeing a lot of them leaving group because of wipes. 

Originally posted by Thorkune

I pre-ordered and I used my free 90 on my level 60 shaman. Here are my thoughts on the whole deal:

I believe a character should be level 60 before it can be boosted to 90. By level 60, a person should have a working knowledge of the class mechanics. What I am seeing already are tanks and healers that have no idea how to play their role. You are seeing a lot of them leaving group because of wipes. 

50-60 are the worst grinding levels that most people give up at.  Also there has always been tanks and healers that don't know how to play their role.  Most people don't level up as them, they just DPS to 90 then switch.

Do a dungeon at 70 and you will probably have a tank or healer that doesn't know how to do their job, even after 60 levels of dungeons.

People in heirloom gear just carry everyone else below level 80, and even without heirloom gear the dungeons have been nerfed so much that they provide zero challenge even in greens.

The only way to learn how to play a healer, tank or DPS at end game, is to play that role at end game.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    So what's the problem here? the introduction of this optional $60 boost has not locked content behind a pay wall, you can still level a toon to max level, nothing has changed, if it's too high a price don't pay it and level the old fashion way.  such drama.
    Originally posted by evilastro

50-60 are the worst grinding levels that most people give up at.  Also there has always been tanks and healers that don't know how to play their role.  Most people don't level up as them, they just DPS to 90 then switch.

Do a dungeon at 70 and you will probably have a tank or healer that doesn't know how to do their job, even after 60 levels of dungeons.

People in heirloom gear just carry everyone else below level 80, and even without heirloom gear the dungeons have been nerfed so much that they provide zero challenge even in greens.

The only way to learn how to play a healer, tank or DPS at end game, is to play that role at end game.

I pretty much disagree with everything you said. You do see bad tanks and healers, but it is rare to see them as bad as they are right now. And, most people I know level as a healer or tank to get in dungeon queues much faster. But, I do agree with the dungeons being dumbed down...which makes fail tanks and healers look even worse and it makes my point about bad 90 boosters even more valid. 

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

So there goes the theory of leveling game being an extended tutorial.. What are those 1-89 levels for again?

GG blizzard..

Originally posted by expresso
    So what's the problem here? the introduction of this optional $60 boost has not locked content behind a pay wall, you can still level a toon to max level, nothing has changed, if it's too high a price don't pay it and level the old fashion way.  such drama.

I agree with you. Besides, you can level super fast now with full heirloom gear and guild perks. I used my free 90 to boost a shaman that I've had resting for the past 4 years. I think it's silly to pay $60 for something that you can do yourself in a few days.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Game is almost 9 years old FFS.

Majority of players already have 4, 8 or more alts. If people don't want to go through same content and skip the leveling by paying 60 bucks i don't see whats the big deal here.

Calm your tits down really.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    Originally posted by Shadoed

It does make me chuckle seeing words like 'disgusting' thrown about at this announcement. What is disgusting about it, really, give us one good reason why this is a 'disgusting' move on Blizzards part?

Do i see this as a move to allow new players to skip content - no.

Will some new players use it to skip content - maybe.

Does it have more to do with returning players and them being able to catch up to their previous guild mates etc - totally.

World of Warcraft is a ten year old game with players who have been through the content time and time again and others that left at various stages of expansion that do not want to have to spend the time catching up just to go through the new content with their friends. So personally it makes perfect sense to allow people to do this as it encourages those that left to return and sub once more.

As for the whole 'they will charge for anything' bit, well, just get over it, they are a business first and foremost, not a charity and you are not forced to buy in to this if you don't choose to, you can take your free 90 from buying the expansion and level the rest for yourself anyway. I personally have no need for it as i have all of my chars to 90 already, but i don't pour scorn on those that choose to use the service if they feel it is right for them.

You keep telling yourself that...all your posts are pro - WoW, so it's hard to talk to you

I am a very easy person to talk to, make an argument to and discuss a point with, if you are willing to make an actual point! Your total contribution to this thread in three posts has been the one above and;

"Stop kidding yourself, It stinks, Acibli$$ion stinks."

"Like a mouse to cheese;)"

Both negative posts again without any actual point behind them other than to rubbish Blizzard. I am a fan of the game, i make no bones about that and i state my point very clearly, if you have a counter point that you would like to make then please go ahead and make it, i am always more than willing to concede to a well made argument.......but i am yet to see one.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

I pretty much disagree with everything you said. You do see bad tanks and healers, but it is rare to see them as bad as they are right now. And, most people I know level as a healer or tank to get in dungeon queues much faster. But, I do agree with the dungeons being dumbed down...which makes fail tanks and healers look even worse and it makes my point about bad 90 boosters even more valid. 

Literally, anyone can look at the 'how this class works' page on the character screen and learn how to play in 5-10 minutes of playing around.  People who are unable to do that will always be bad, regardless of how long it takes them to get to max level. 

People who have no understanding of how MMOs or RPGs work in general are unlikely to pay to skip to 90 without playing through the tutorial first.