Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR as it should be.

2 x XP on a permanent basis or make it an optional buy-now feature.

It made the experience of playing quite pleasant. I leveled up in a reasonable speed and it motivated me to continue playing.

Since the game only starts at max level, we shouldn't be forced to grind through a long, tedious and pointless process to reach max level.

When is the next 2 x XP weekend scheduled?

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

For me the game does not start at max level because I enjoy the stories and quests immensely and am very upset to overlevel the content which even on normal experience happens too frequently by just staying and completing the Heroic 4's on a planet. I would actually like the experience to be frozen by choice like EQ 2 used to allow. That way on my main quest I am never ovelevelled. I absolutely love some of the voices and dialogue and I enjoy doing them. For me that is what makes me enjoy SWTOR

Chamber of Chains
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Leveling speed was always waay too fast in this game. Did you know most (all?) planets have a bonus mission series? That I have to ask the question like that shows I only know of a few myself. :)

You can't do the bonus series without seriously outleveling content. Even the regular missions will get you through the level range for a given planet with ease, nevermind if you run any of the other content, like FPs, war zones, space missions, or GS. And once you outlevel content, all challenge is gone. If you and your companion are reasonably geared you need to tackle mobs 2, 3 levels above you anyway to make it challenging.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

The game is *over* at max level. At least for me.

Max level -> create alt -> max level -> create alt

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Maybe as an experienced player, but as a brand new player to the game, I touched a little bit on my experiences here.

SWTOR Experience Post 71

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

It made the experience of playing quite pleasant. I leveled up in a reasonable speed and it motivated me to continue playing.

Since the game only starts at max level, we shouldn't be forced to grind through a long, tedious and pointless process to reach max level.

i also had more fun playing on weekends where u get 2 x exp... motivated me to level alts n such.. just thought it was better

• Not_Too_BrightNot_Too_Bright Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by troick

In 2006 on a Friday night swg had 10361 players playing.  Now Mr. Smedley denied that subs had fallen that low but did not deny that reported number of players.  I'm sorry that swg was in maintenance mode for years before it closed.  I'm sorry swg closed but you really should try to move on.  

It's fine Swtor is not for you OP and it's very nice of you to make multiple bait threads to drum up a little extra free advertisement for Tor.  Any normal rational person totally understands you have agenda and holds your opinions of swtor as bias, flawed, and full of misinformation. Well enjoy the next few years ad Swtor continued to leave swg in the dust.  

You make it sound like he is going to have to wait 10 years if he wants SWG 2.....

As far as the OP, anyone subbed can get double exp built up by simply logging out in a cantina. While playing, I alternated which char I played that day, all the while the other 7 were building up dbl exp credit.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

For those who think MMOs start at max level, TOR is probably the last one you should be playing...

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

For those who think MMOs start at max level, TOR is probably the last one you should be playing...

This guy gets it. SWTOR is all about the leveling journey, other games do endgame better. If you look at my sig, I am a staunch supporter and subscriber of SWTOR.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Elaborate.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Elaborate.

Every game does different things well.  In some games, the leveling experience is so lackluster that it's entirely fair to think that the game doesn't begin until you reach the max level content.  But the most well done part of TOR, by far, is the class story.  The second most well done thing is the shared portion of the narrative.  One of those things is completely over before hitting the level cap, the other is mostly over.  Someone who races through 1-55 as quickly as possible is going to fail to enjoy the truly well done parts of the game to their full potential, and end up spending most of his time in game on content that may be slightly above average compared to other MMOs, but is nothing to write home about.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    When anyone says those immortal words "the game starts at max level" it makes me not want to play it because I know it's just going to be a gear grind consisting of running the same dungeons or battlegrounds to get gear so you can run the next set to get better gear.
  • Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by Not_Too_Bright
    As far as the OP, anyone subbed can get double exp built up by simply logging out in a cantina. While playing, I alternated which char I played that day, all the while the other 7 were building up dbl exp credit.

Not quite accurate.  Rested xp gives you 2x xp on kills only.  The double xp times gives you double xp on all experience (quests, discovery, etc.).

I am also in the camp that prefers to be able to opt out or disable experience gains.  You level very fast at normal xp.  It gets boring after you are a couple of levels above the content.  Running the 2 and 4x quests solo to make things interesting gets old quickly.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by cheyane

For me the game does not start at max level because I enjoy the stories and quests immensely and am very upset to overlevel the content which even on normal experience happens too frequently by just staying and completing the Heroic 4's on a planet. I would actually like the experience to be frozen by choice like EQ 2 used to allow. That way on my main quest I am never ovelevelled. I absolutely love some of the voices and dialogue and I enjoy doing them. For me that is what makes me enjoy SWTOR

Chey, i'm 50% with ya.

I really enjoyed the 2 main stories I played... Jedi consular and knight... but i coulda lived without a lot of the side stories which felt a lil rushed compared to the main story.  the main story made me feel like i was in the movies.

if the quests all lived up to the main mission storyline i would be a SWTOR roses smeller 100%.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

Leveling speed was always waay too fast in this game. Did you know most (all?) planets have a bonus mission series? That I have to ask the question like that shows I only know of a few myself. :)

You can't do the bonus series without seriously outleveling content. Even the regular missions will get you through the level range for a given planet with ease, nevermind if you run any of the other content, like FPs, war zones, space missions, or GS. And once you outlevel content, all challenge is gone. If you and your companion are reasonably geared you need to tackle mobs 2, 3 levels above you anyway to make it challenging.

As a subscriber you don't need to do any other quests than story line to hit the cap, if you do daily and weekly FPs and WZs.

Don't know how it works for f2p or preferred players.