Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you decided on a class/build yet?

13»

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

If I could throw out a suggestion it would be to identify what sort of player you are when entering build discussions. If you are someone simply wanting to try fun builds then ignore the mmo pve and pvp power gamer comments. Knowing some of this may help avoid entering fruitless debates. You will not change their way of thinking.

PVE hardcore players ONLY care about mathematically min/maxed builds for raiding applications. This means by definition that there will only be 1 perfect build for each class. Do not enter debates with these players if not interested. There is no room for theme builds. These p;layers will abandon entire classes and start another to gain the next fotm advantage.

PVP hardcore players only care about what kills fastest. There may be a little more wiggle room for builds but it is also a pointless debate if not interested in this because they keep their builds secret. These builds are based around combos maximizing and exploiting CC, mitigation and damage an are based entirely around fotm builds. The secrecy is largely based upon known exploits of mechanics (i.e. exploiting damage and mitigation scaling or flat out bugs). You will see these players scrambling each patch to find the next build maximizing exploits when previous builds are nerfed. There is no room for theme builds. They will keep these builds secret not solely because of pride of an effective build but to hide exploits from being fixed for the longest possible time (pvp guilds also often use beta to discover such exploits, not to report and fix them). Not saying all are like this but these players exist in large numbers. These players will abandon entire classes and start another to gain the next fotm advantage.

If you are a casual player and playing ESO as an rpg game for fun you will do yourself a favor to avoid these mmo type players, unless you want to learn from them. When an IP is converted to an mmo the main issue isn't how the conversion if done .... it is type of crowd that is attracted to that sort of game. ESO will run smack into this same dichotomy of core IP fans colliding with the modern mmo player base.

This is the biggest issue fans of the RPG TES games will run into: The hardcore mmo crowd which are the antithesis of role players.

You stay sassy!

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by DMKano

Dragonmage - the most OP class in game - still even after nerfs.

49 points health, 5 pieces light armor/2 heavy + magica on all armor - resto staff/2h - if main tanking dungeons use sword/board.

With spiked armor - still get overbuff on AC - so no penalty for light armor at all - get spell resist and mana regen (which is the weakness for Dragonknights)

Can solo group content in PvE, melts faces in PvP, great at 1 vs 1, small groups or even zergs in Cyrodiil.

I tried other classes - none have the power nor versatility sadly.

I wanted to play heavy armor/stamina build - it sucked hard.

And it will be the first thing nerfed into the ground.....enjoy your reroll.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by 5ubzer0

I am in love with my nightblade. It reminds me of my white lion in WAR and my TOR dps scoundrel pre-nerf. Since I prefer small scale fights and don't get bored lurking in stealth for a while, the class is a really good fit. Sorry, not going to share my build image

Good point lol.. That's like giving up your battle plan before a major battle.

I will say I started as a nightblade ( my go to starter build in Morrowind and Oblvion) and leave it at that, very versatile starter set in ESO.

This is so silly - every good build is already known - it's been tested and proven by closed beta testers.

Sure you can experiment - switch a skill here or there - but the core builds are set in stone.

If your build is good - it's a copy of one of the core builds - and it's gonna be in use by tens of thousands of players on launch day.

If it's really unique and not used by many players, chances are its gimp and doesnt' scale at high levels.

This comment really puts me off playing ESO.

The fact that people have already know the cookie-cutter builds (without doubt) suggests to me that this is a shallow game, lacking in complexity.

You should be able to play this game how you want - like WoW before the talent tree simplification / nerf.

Where is the adventure and excitement in meta-gaming your character's whole development in 2 hours before you even play the game?

Welcome to every MMO post WoW. I miss the old days when you spec'd what was fun and unique over this cookie cutter crap.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Altmer Sorc, light armor. destro/restro staffs. Ill just roll with this and see where the road takes me.
  • DoobysnacksDoobysnacks Member Posts: 17
    If you don't like cookie cutter builds then don't use them; don't cry about them when you get destroyed, tho...
  • timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    My templar build will require a ton of skillpoints. I prefer melee, but it is currently not viable in pvp for none full health dragon knight fotm builds.

So I will need enough points to melee effectively in pve and ranged+heal effectively in pve.
  • Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226

I'm torn between a Imperial Sorc and DPS Imperial Dragonknight. Ive always played casters in MMO which is why sorc but im considering changing it up this time around. At first I was thinking Medium armor DW Dragonknight but now probably heavy armor 2Her. I don't freakin know anymore!

I was hoping this beta would help me decide but it didn't.