Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solo-Small Group: You can have your claim "stolen"

ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233

While personal claims and items on them are safe from stealing or damaging the items, and you can declare trespassers off limits and they take alignment hits, you can lose your claim if a guild builds a realm monument that encompasses your claim.

A personal claim is 18m2, a realm monument has a radius up to 170m.   If when the realm monument is completed your personal claim is in it, you are now at the whims of the guild that built the monument.

If you cannot work out an agreement with them, they can make your personal claim disband. 

Here are your options as a solo/small group player (small group defined as 9 or less, ie, cant form a guild)

1) Join a guild that builds a realm (of course you are then subject to internal guild politics)

2) Harasses the building of the monument by preventing resource delivery

3) Pack up and move (losing all your terraforming hard work)

4) Rent (for real money) a claim outside the capital city (these cannot be realmed over).

It is looking like an awesome game, mechanics wise, with an alignment system to discourage pvp griefing while still supporting full loot and knockouts/yields, but the ability for your personal claim to be stolen is troubling to me at least.

Note, unlike Wurm, you do not pay the game for the claim, rather you pay to have your character leave the starting island for the mainland.  So a little different there.

Anyway, knowing is half the battle.

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

Comments

• Work as intended, i find ridiculous that i can't fully claim a land and build my town with my clan because there is a player with an house inside it, after all this is a true sandbox free for all and if you choose to play solo you choose a more harsh life, a playstile for true hardcore players that fear nothing and want a true challenge.
    In a mmorpg socialization, play with friends and help each other is important and should be the main style while play solo should be more rare.

However as someone said in the official forum, is better if you build a house where is nearly impossible or not convenient claim a town, i'm 100% sure there will be places like these in the game.

• GrayAndersonGrayAnderson Member Posts: 7

OP  is spamming the official forum with this exact same argument over and over. 

Test the damn game mechanic before barfing your hate all over it. Sieges and takeover mechanics aren't even in the Alpha yet we're still testing the basics of the game.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    Since the game is in alpha testing all of these mechanics are subject to be adjusted and changed or not based on staying true to the vision of the game and offering an exciting and engaging gameplay experience.