Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I fear this game is in for a bit of a rough launch.

Comments

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141

I'm lucky. Haven't had a single bug all weekend. The quest that stopped me from progressing the last two betas was fixed. Even the bug that makes you use /reloadui when crafting is gone. My toon did get stuck in crafting animation once but pressing esc released him. I haven't played as a low level in this beta though.

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

people are exaggerating. 

the game has to launch at some point. they need the money. and they have enough people to work the bugs out.

mmorpg-companies cant do it right for people. when they delay the game there are thousands of players shouting, when they release there are lot of players angry.

it will not be the first and not the last game which is released with bugs. game is just too huge.

final sentence: stop crying, after all its just a game!

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Elikal

Hell yes. I had the 10th or 11th bug stopped quest just now, this weekend.

Horrible. Just horrible.

Did you report the bug?

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Every game is released unfinisihed nowdays.

If you play at launch prepare for anything.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

It really is bad.  Game breaking bugs for main quest chains. Crafting bugs that require /reloadui to get out of.  Game locks and freezes on you for 5-6 seconds.  This is not stuff that just popped up.  This is stuff that they've been dealing with for the past couple of months.

My advice is if you're playing this beta, expect this is what launch is going to be like.  I don't see them fixing all of this in two weeks.  Who knows...maybe they will.  I seriously doubt it.  Mainly because they haven't addressed how bad this is other than say it's known issues and that's usually a bad sign.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I really hope im wrong, but i have a bad feeling about this release.

I hope they surprise me in a positive way.

I willl be there anyway and they will have the 1st month of tolerance by my part to solve all main issues that might exist (i do that in all mmorpgs).

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by mistmaker

These sentences are hilarious.

To a company its a mult-million dolor investment, to the consumer its $60 of their hard earned cash.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    By the sounds of things, this is probably one of those games where if you avoid the initial rush to buy the game, but instead wait a few months for everything to be fixed etc, you are more likely to enjoy playing it. Too many bad launches put players off from ever playing even if they fix them a few months down the line. That this is the developers first game is also going to count against them.image
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There is two kind of people on these boards (and in the world), those that see a cup as being half filled and those that see a cup as being half  empty... Currently nobody can see how much water there actually is inside the cup, we will know in a few months

these two kinds of people will allmost never agree. I am of the possitive type of people, that only see opportunitees about how to refill or fill up the cup.  In the end we might get dissapointed, but for the time being we had some great time and fun and enjoyed the stuff that actually was in the cup. And by the time a cup gets empty, we allready have found us a new cup to dream about.. 

I know what type of people have happier lives, you too?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    I feel the release is too rushed, I didn't await a date so soon. None can tell what will happen but by the looks of it this won't be a WoW or a GW2 launch.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

There is two kind of people on these boards (and in the world), those that see a cup as being half filled and those that see a cup as being half  empty... Currently nobody can see how much water there actually is inside the cup, we will know in a few months

these two kinds of people will allmost never agree. I am of the possitive type of people, that only see opportunitees about how to refill or fill up the cup.  In the end we might get dissapointed, but for the time being we had some great time and fun and enjoyed the stuff that actually was in the cup. And by the time a cup gets empty, we allready have found us a new cup to dream about.. 

I'm the third type, never mind this cup half empty or half full malarky, i want a bigger cup! image

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by mistmaker

These sentences are hilarious.

To a company its a mult-million dolor investment, to the consumer its $60 of their hard earned cash.

and i will get enough fun out of the 60$ or in my case, €. Going out one night, getting drunk, cost me more than that, and i cant even remember the next day.

bugs are ok for me. i am sure they are working on it and it will not ruin the fun for me. For me its just a game. 

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

I agree and I was actaully disappointed to see that there are still a lot of bugs just in the low lvl areas. Like some wrote I have seen bugs which I have not seen in the last build i.e. invisible walls of castles/gates in cyrodiil.

The game, at least with the current weekend beta version, is not finished for relaese. Its still bugged, has performance issues i.e. lag spikes in cyrodiil.

The weekend beta did represent the game, just 2 weeks before release, in a quiete bad condition.

One of the long term beta tester in this forum claimed that on their servers the game is actually very polished.....If someone is actually playing on the long term beta servers it would be nice to confirm this.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Your type of people don't change anything you throw your money at these marketers hoping it to see it down the road while this crap holds you over.

You are supporting this.

The line is more finely drawn at did they have fun? or didn't they have fun? playing THIS TITLE. That what it boils down to. I played beta was not impressed at all.

I will support something that is for me has innovation and is a positive step in the industry.

definitely not this.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    l have notice a lot more bugs on this beta also. Game is releasing soon too. l cancelled my pre-order. Going to wait a few months and see what people have to say about it then. l like the game, just don't think is ready to be release yet.
  • Redhawk2006Redhawk2006 Member Posts: 105

it has now become the industry standard to release games in a buggy, dysfunctional state and take forever to fix longstanding bugs. The reason for that is obvious. Whenever a developer pulls this crap, the response from the hallelujah chorus is always:

"Name a game that hasn't released with bugs" as if the fact other developers have released bug-ridden games somehow justifies the practice.

I wish for once gamers en masse would call BS and ask for their money back and punish developers that do this. Any major bug discovered in Beta should be squashed before launch. The only bugs you should be seeing are those that didn't surface until after the game was launched or other changes were made. If this game launches with broken Mainline quests or quests that can be bugged out by having trolls standing around the spawn point dancing naked (as I saw this weekened) then that's grounds for some serious flak being fired their way, not more fawning adulation.

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Redhawk2006

it has now become the industry standard to release games in a buggy, dysfunctional state and take forever to fix longstanding bugs. The reason for that is obvious. Whenever a developer pulls this crap, the response from the hallelujah chorus is always:

"Name a game that hasn't released with bugs" as if the fact other developers have released bug-ridden games somehow justifies the practice.

I wish for once gamers en masse would call BS and ask for their money back and punish developers that do this. Any major bug discovered in Beta should be squashed before launch. The only bugs you should be seeing are those that didn't surface until after the game was launched or other changes were made. If this game launches with broken Mainline quests or quests that can be bugged out by having trolls standing around the spawn point dancing naked (as I saw this weekened) then that's grounds for some serious flak being fired their way, not more fawning adulation.

Can't agree more.Amen

beLIEve

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by Megilindir

Can't agree more.Amen

If my cancelling pre-order would change the industry I would do so in a heartbeat. But it won't. And since it won't and I really am liking the game other than the bugs, I'm staying with the 30th start.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Every beta will have bugs we are stress testing the servers,but i could go on till the cows come home and most people will still not get it.

Now I do expect some problems after all this is one of  the biggest launches in MO history,also the GW2 beta was so smooth nobody expected problems what happened,simple it took me nearly a day to log on as the servers were over stressed to breaking point.

So holding off a bit also have a Mo under NDA ramping up testing and my Kickstarters are coming to fruition so quite happy to wait for a bit as I 've got plenty to keep me busy.

p>
    Originally posted by Digna
    Originally posted by Megilindir

Can't agree more.Amen

If my cancelling pre-order would change the industry I would do so in a heartbeat. But it won't. And since it won't and I really am liking the game other than the bugs, I'm staying with the 30th start.

Thats every sheeps thought.

dysfunctional state? 

• hg2012hg2012 Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by spizz

One of the long term beta tester in this forum claimed that on their servers the game is actually very polished.....If someone is actually playing on the long term beta servers it would be nice to confirm this.

Sounds like they are a big shill to me tbh, this current build is actually a good representation of what they are going to launch... they've even removed the beta load screens which suggests it is awfully close to any closed builds they happen to have.

• InnkwellInnkwell Member Posts: 59

SIGH....

W/O breaking the PTS licence agreement I will say this,

The weekend beta is build 1.21.

The PTS server build  is 1.81

it is well over 3 builds past what EVERYONE IS PLAYING NOW.

Please shut the fuck up already, pre-order... wait a month or move on.

These posts make me rage the rage of 1000 tiny school girls.

Originally posted by Innkwell

SIGH....

Thats what im thinking this client is just some big juoke and the real one is on hold.

Still won't get my money i dont appove of that practice or what they stand for market wise or anything else without innovation backing it up and it doesnt even have that.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Shrilly
    Originally posted by Innkwell

SIGH....

Thats what im thinking this client is just some big juoke and the real one is on hold.

Still won't get my money i dont appove of that practice or what they stand for market wise or anything else without innovation backing it up and it doesnt even have that.

Innovation is not only something brand new... We went over this during GW2's launch in mass so I'm not going to go over it again, but please do read the definition of the word you're basing your criteria on.

Before you think it...this has nothing to do with the game not feeling fresh to you, that's a subjective feeling I have no problem with that, but the definition of innovation is not subjective.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson