Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot launch game via "Play" button

xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298
Just my luck - with any beta's really... Anyway i downloaded the game and updated/patched etc this week and i tested it by launching the game when it all finished. Worked all fine. Now beta playtest i cannot launch the game via the play button. No error, nothing. I press it, goes grey, then goes back to play again. I have tried repairing the game launcher and running as administrator. Im kind of out of ideas after those 2. I got Win 7 64.

Comments

• CirandraCirandra Member UncommonPosts: 46
    go to The Elder Scrolls online /game/client and run the Eso.exe from there..
  • xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Tried that aswell, open it and nothing happens. Even the crash reporter don't open.

If its any issue. The launcher still says "initializing" with the "play" button blue. From what i remember, it has to say "complete"? Managed to get a "completed" status, but still a no go.

Repaired it a few times aswell.

Also checked the task manager at the same time - the eso.exe*32 comes up then goes.

• CirandraCirandra Member UncommonPosts: 46
    The only solution on the official forums so far is this make sure u run the client and not the launcher C:Program Files (x86)enimax OnlineThe Elder Scrolls OnlinegameclientEso.exe that  worked for me if that doesn't work then i don't know what it is.
  • EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62

Right click the game icon and run the game as Administrator and see if that works.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by Espion Right click the game icon and run the game as Administrator and see if that works.  

^^ This

-Rig

Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Thanks for the help guys!

After searching all over the ESO forums i saw something to do with the anti-virus "Webroot" (which i use).

I turned it off and all works now!

Many thanks for suggesting help!