Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It is a mess

chansschanss Member Posts: 26

Something is fucked up. Is trying my first beta. Did the complete download yesterday. And now it is downloading it again. Client says it needs 60 gigs!!!! 4 hours and only 15% downloaded!!!

I am not going to buy this with such issues so close to release.

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Last beta only the NA servers were open and if you didn't change your clients region settings to NA it downloaded the game again.

Maybe it's the same issue.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by chanss
    Something is fucked up. Is trying my first beta. Did the complete download yesterday. And now it is downloading it again. Client says it needs 60 gigs!!!! 4 hours and only 15% downloaded!!!I am not going to buy this with such issues so close to release. 

Yes, I feel your pain.

A few million people have downloaded, and are playing, the game is a total mess.

Possible at all that the issue is on your end? Especially since a few million other people have had success? It's the game though right?

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Baikal

Something is fucked up. Is trying my first beta. Did the complete download yesterday. And now it is downloading it again. Client says it needs 60 gigs!!!! 4 hours and only 15% downloaded!!!

Yes, I feel your pain.

A few million people have downloaded, and are playing, the game is a total mess.

Possible at all that the issue is on your end? Especially since a few million other people have had success? It's the game though right?

BS it can never be my fault

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

its only 30 gigs and if something is wrong press fix option.

about 22gigs then patching and play on us server no problems.

• chansschanss Member Posts: 26

Yes, I feel your pain.

A lot of people have the same problems when looking at the forums there. And SIXTY gigs!! wtf is that? Something is way off.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Could it be your from the EU and your launcher detects that and starts downloading the game for the EU server?

Had this "issue" wouldn't really call it that just me not paying attention.

Goto your gamefolder where you installed ESO, there could be 2 maps there now one with regular The Elder Scrolls Folder another with ESO-EU folder.

Go into that regular folder and boot the game from there. The launcher will start normaly if you updated the game yesterday you should just have to push the PLAY button now.

Hope this helps

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

once u get in game dont forget to set up your /reloadUI macro.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Operator Error. You have some setting checked wrong or are downloading a separate client entirely. Did a full install of it a new PC yesterday and was downloaded in about 3.5 hours completely.

Are you sure you have the right region checked? Did not even come close to 60 gigs downloading a full install yesterday that works. Was more like 20 gigs I think.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Jaychi72Jaychi72 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by handlewithcare

its only 30 gigs and if something is wrong press fix option.

about 22gigs then patching and play on us server no problems.

^

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    [mod edit]

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    [mod edit]
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Why did anyone help him? He's obviously not going to be very nice to play with. He would have stayed away!! :(

I just read his frustration, seeing he really wanted to get ingame but couldn't and might have written it differently since English like mine isn't our native langauge.

And since I experianced the same issue a beta back which I quickly resolved because I did notice the EU sign at my download and found the folder of my previous install. And just tried to boot it from there and it worked, yet still playing on the US servers. There is a workaround to make the same files go EU but havn't gotten to that, besides the game ran fine even on US server for me.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    He is stating an opinion, stop that fanboism going on. Yes he maybe a hater but you aren't better by insulting him. Interesting how someone answers him ''MILLIONS are enjoying the game, it is your problem'' not realizing that billions aren't playing it and therefore his arugment is kinda lame.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

That helped ! The game was there all the time. Why they wanted me to download it again i do not understand.

Cadwell,,,,that is John Cleese voice acting isnt it?

[mod edit]

It sounds to me like you are looking for a reason to hate this game.  I'm sure your going to find it but don't expect everyone else to jump on your side when you do.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Switch the Launcher back to North American server, I assume it downloads the game a 2nd time, if you had NA server installed. After the last update the game switched to EU server which needs a re-download, for some reason. I just set back to North America and the download was ended.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by eGumball
    He is stating an opinion, stop that fanboism going on. Yes he maybe a hater but you aren't better by insulting him. Interesting how someone answers him ''MILLIONS are enjoying the game, it is your problem'' not realizing that billions aren't playing it and therefore his arugment is kinda lame.

Not exactly sure how you read fanboyism into a comment, or an insult.

Millions of people are playing it, I wasn't aware the target audience was billions, kinda interesting to know that. However since millions are playing it, and were able to download, I'd do what most sensible people do, stop, look around, and see what the problem is, what I would not do is jump online make a fool of myself by saying that game is a mess.

Amusing that it was indeed "operator error", and a minute of looking around for an answer would have solved the problem. It's all about the approach, if you are asking for help, and have a question, you tend to get an awful lot more help. Personally, I've got no problem responding to people in the exact same manner that they approach me.

Sorry, I'm not applying for sainthood anytime.

• chansschanss Member Posts: 26

Ye i switched the client to US and it works ok.

still they fucked up a rather simple client issue.

Feel the salt of my tears, i will not sleep for a week.........

• Cliff1963Cliff1963 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    OP, maybe a faster internet connection is a solution to your problem. had to download again because of the switch between US to EU server, got it within the hour. So stop blaming the game if your internet connection is as slow as a snail.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Nevermind, I just read that it's cleared up

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    [mod edit]

And that would be why no one wants to be helpful.

• Void425Void425 Member UncommonPosts: 170

The Beta is not actually 60 Gigs at this time.  Beware for the Retail Client release, it is supposed to take up 60 Gigs of space on your hard drive.  This information comes directly from TESO online if you look up the system requirements.

Here is a link to the System Requirements:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/storefaq

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

I always do beta downloads at least two days in advance.  Did the last update Wednesday.

Looks like they fixed the /reloadui, esc key has been working well.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Yes, I feel your pain.

i am pretty sure he was talking about his own personal experience. i don't see the reason for sarcasm.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Ye i switched the client to US and it works ok.

still they fucked up a rather simple client issue.

Feel the salt of my tears, i will not sleep for a week.........

Well at least you did not take an arrow to the knee...at least not YET !!.

Beware the rabbit,he is a ferocious critter,he has fangs and everything !!.Oh sure you think he is just a wee bunny rabbit,well let me tell you ,he is a ...KILLER !!!

Make sure to always carry a Holy Hand Grenade !...If no deadly rabbits at least you can blow up the installer app :P

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LizardKing89LizardKing89 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    I noticed a number of glitches in the menu system and the starting zone alone.  On top of that the game is boring.  Played an hour into beta and logged out.  Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance but I hated the fighting system a mish mash of wow and skyrim and it feels very themepark and linear.