Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Sparta: War of Empires Launches Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new hardcore MMO, Sparta: War of Empires, is set to hit live service today, Thursday, March 13th. The game will initially launch via Facebook, players build and protect their own city-states from the invading Persian armies. 

Set in Greece in the 5th century BC, Sparta: War of Empires immerses gamers into the role of a lord returned from an ongoing war against Xerxes and the Persian Empire, where politics and diplomacy prove as sharp as the blades of combat.  With assistance from King Leonidas and the Spartan army, players must protect their city-state from the constant Persian threat and hone their abilities as a strategist, diplomat and ruthless warrior.  In a land dictated by selfishness and brutality, survival is a fleeting hope for many.

Start playing Sparta: War of Empires on Facebook.

)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46

this is facebook errr sparta.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Hardcore MMO...what? From the looks of the movie it appears to be RTS?
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

So it shows a bunch of generic city building that could be from any one of these crappy browser cash shop games and then finishes up with " this is your war" and they show a still picture of...non game footage ?

I'm so excited!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Hardcore, ROFL.  The only thing hardcore about this game is the amount you spend at the item shop.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by DamonVile

So it shows a bunch of generic city building that could be from any one of these crappy browser cash shop games and then finishes up with " this is your war" and they show a still picture of...non game footage ?

I'm so excited!

Me too, I cant wait to spend 100's of dollars in the cash shop so Im the best!!!   image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Dward127

this is facebook errr sparta.

I couldn't help myself!!!

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

"Hi! We're a bunch of hacks who created a generic city-building game, then decided that we'd theme it around Sparta because we're trying to make a quick buck off fans of the '300' movies, especially since the second one is out now & doing well."

That's what this says to me. Dunno about anyone else.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• moonrunnermoonrunner Member Posts: 21
    Really, I can't believe this site which I have been frequenting for awhile now has devolved to posts about facebook games.

• HytekHytek Member UncommonPosts: 153
    A generic Facebook city builder game with a cash shop, seen similar a 1000 times before? Please stop posting this kind of "news".

I have found in my lifetime, that the beauty of hating stupid people is, that it crosses all racial boundaries.