Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ncsoft banned my account

2»

Comments

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Originally posted by Barrikor

Sometimes you need permanent emails though; what are they supposed to do when they buy domain names for putting websites on...?

Don't use them.

I don't bother with an email account on my domains. If they want to contact me, there's public venues -- like forums. Anything else is over the phone or in person.

Tinfoil? Maybe, but over 20 years now without the problems, either.

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by UNATCOII

Sometimes you need permanent emails though; what are they supposed to do when they buy domain names for putting websites on...?

Don't use them.

I don't bother with an email account on my domains. If they want to contact me, there's public venues -- like forums. Anything else is over the phone or in person.

20 years... That explains why you don't need an email attached; but since 2003 ICANN requires an email for the Whois [looked it up, I guess they just require the field to be there] I don't think there are any registrars that'll let you register a new domain without it though.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Don't use them.

20 years... That explains why you don't need an email attached; but since 2003 ICANN requires an email for the Whois, I don't think there are any registrars that'll let you register a new domain without it.

I private register. All what a Whois search will find is my private register info. Who then contacts me via methods I chose to be notified. Which again, is isolated from domain registration itself.

More layers you have, the more the problem children will just not bother, as there's easier targets to get. It's about time and money. Spend 30 years trying to hack an account, that if they do get in, it only receives mail, was it worth the bother? Not even breadcrumbs to follow, dead end.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    *facepalm* and some people still wonder why spam mail exists, it exists because of people like our OP here. Stupidity has no bounds.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by Rinna

Yeah, once you play several online games, you will get phishing attempt emails almost on a regular basis.  It got so bad with me that I recreated a toon name for a gmail account JUST for gaming and I use that for all game related sign ups. 

Bad advice, very bad advice.

Every game account needs their own email, not shared. Sites are hacked and what not to farm those very emails. If you have a central email for all your game accounts, it's open season to hack all of them.

Play WoW? Have one email for WoW. Play GW2? Have another for GW2.

I started with only one account for my MMORPGs back in the days. By now I have one for each publisher and where possible one for each game, with all those accounts auto-forwarded to my main eMail address (love to have my own domain). I have also set an auto message sort in my eMail client that 99% of all phishing eMails is sent to trash automatically :D

@Rinna - NEVER use gmail (or any other free eMail service on the web) for important accounts. gmail is know to be hacked easily and to loose eMail as well. You might miss something important about your account without even knowing it. Best make aliasses on your ISP's account if you need 'fresh' eMail addresses for game accounts.

That's also not the best advice. For example: Road Runner, a service you pay for, has one of the worst email systems ever and it's actually the only email service that I got fake emails trying to scam my RuneScape account and other game accounts. Hence, why I don't use it anymore.

Smile

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

They don't usually hack the email. They hack the game account

Most of the time, they don't hack anything, they just send out millions of identical e-mails to every e-mail account they can find in hopes that someone they reach actually plays the game and takes them seriously.  I get phishing e-mails for games I have never played in my life all the time.  I get phishing e-mails claiming my bank account has been compromised for banks I have never even heard of or done business with.  Most of the time, they're not hacking accounts, they're waiting until you give them your password, then they log in and get busy.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

They don't usually hack the email. They hack the game account

Most of the time, they don't hack anything, they just send out millions of identical e-mails to every e-mail account they can find in hopes that someone they reach actually plays the game and takes them seriously.  I get phishing e-mails for games I have never played in my life all the time.  I get phishing e-mails claiming my bank account has been compromised for banks I have never even heard of or done business with.  Most of the time, they're not hacking accounts, they're waiting until you give them your password, then they log in and get busy.

Either way...they NEVER get my info like the morons said in posts before. My email is fluff...I care not about it and it has NO INFO tied to it. My game passwords are strong and aren't ever compromised.  So...to the idiots before that posted...that's how you do it. Not 58 emails for every friggin game.

But hey...do what you want....and Elvis is still alive.

• Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

Companies never ask for your key code/codes/passwords of any kind and generally explicitly say they don't and to never respond to these types of emails. Classic example of phishing.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by johnisme
    The email wasn't a phishing point,i logged into my ncsoft support and it was the same email message so i know it wasn't a scam.It's just a lazy way for ncsoft to ban people without putting any efforts to see if who was using the account.

Hey that is a good plan! Ban everyone and you don't have to work anymore! hehe 

Well I get stinking scam mail from buttheads saying they are Blizzard at least every week. I hope you resolve this though, I wouldn't just roll over and lose my account. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110
    My lineage 2 account is still banned and i just got an email from ncsoft encouraging me to play lineage 2.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by johnisme
    My lineage 2 account is still banned and i just got an email from ncsoft encouraging me to play lineage 2.

Why are you doing this? I mean, really, why? You were caught botting, so get over it. Stop this "innocent" attitude.

First, why do you care about a game you did not played for 4 years and you really really want to get in now?!

Secondly , did you know that when you send an email, they can see your IP address as well? So it's obvious that they checked the in-game logins when you botted, with the ones from where you send the email. The result? Same ip = "they replied back by saying that my lineage 2 game account was closed and banned and it was final."

I mean, if they did saw a difference in the ip address, and if they were not sure that you botted, they were forced to unban your account, as it happened to a lot of other players who were really innocent and got hacked. But, was not the case with you.

Anyway, thank you for botting.

Case close.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Are you serious?I get banned from a game that i haven't played in 4 years and then get emails to play it again and you blame me for this.All i wanted was for ncsoft to lift the ban so it doesn't appear on my account as banned,i never said i wanted to play it again.

You sure assume a lot but don't know anything about the facts so don't bother posting again in this thread since you are so condescending.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

What was your level when you quit playing L2 , 4 years ago? Did you know that right now , L2 is F2P? And whatever you had in the past, is worthless now?  So why did someone hacked your account to bot, when they could make a free account and start botting.  

I can level a fresh char  to 85 in less then a week , so yes , there is something fishy around here. 

All in all , I still think you were the one botting. Ncsoft would have lift your ban if IP's and other infos , where not making you guilty.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Ncsoft finally unbanned my lineage 2 account.