Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way. . .

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    I think the OP used too much humour, where is all the shouting we are going to get? :)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "If the game is too easy for you just put on [insert lowest gear possible] and do [insert most difficulty task here]"
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

As much as I understand the OP's fair opinion on the prejudice made against some players. It is however, a unfixable problem and is useless to debate about considering that prejudice is a world-wide problem not just in video games but in every human being wherever in the world. It's simply apart of what makes a human. It isn't fair nor does it accomplish anything. We all do it to some extent, regardless.

And there are many factors that come into play as to why we do it. Jealousy being probably the most common. 

"That guy is better than me?" ---  "He must be the biggest nerd ever and have no life."

• darkheart84darkheart84 Member UncommonPosts: 84

Content locusts are a real, actual problem.

They go from game to game, feeding on the farms of the content of every single new MMO and leaving shortly after they've consumed everything, but not before trashing it to the ground for not having enough content. Small attention span. They don't know what they want, but they know that they want something. And they keep feeding, and feeding as more hopeful MMO's from indie developers are produced. Small attention span. They care not for the road to the top level, they just want to be top level to access all the juicy produce in the quickest time possible. This is why all you hear these day is "endgame this" and "endgame that". They don't realize they just skipped a large percentage of content for the sole purpose of skipping it. Small attention span.

One often wonders, why is it that WoW is unaffected by this supposed problem? That is because WoW is actually the breeding ground for these scraggly beings. The rat's nest, the rabbit's hole, the marsh that produces these rabid locusts. Features of WoW are evidence of this, reflected in their new pay-$60-for-level-90 tokens. That is why more than a few remain in RIFT, because they confuse it for their old breeding ground due to its stark similarities.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

After first patch...

"OMG, WTF,... They nerfed my OP class... Uninstalled..."

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Abardomas

Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    1-50 Leveling Guide:

1) Buy Game

2) Watch Instructional Video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapECJKx4k0

3) Win

4) Eat Sandwich

what the hell was that? lol

Two words. Bird Bot

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135

Person 1: "I really like the game, but I think X needs to change because of Y."

Person 2: "OMG QQMOARNOOB!!1

Person 3: "Just leave, we don't need you!"

Person 4: "can I haz yur stufz?"

*Others come in that seem to forget to objectively address and discuss point made by Person 1 and continue attacking him instead.*

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

3 days after launch - "LFG, just quit my guild of casuals who STILL don't have enough geared level 50s to do raid content"

This is a true story where my guild let a guy in just before launch and he raced to 50 and gquit in SWTOR.

• ArdnutArdnut Member Posts: 188

one comment always seem to see in every game -  GO BACK TO WOW

i look this wrecked because i've got GIST.
    Whats your excuse?
    http://deadmanrambling.com/

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Where's makirks wife?

You make me like charity

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    " OMg these graphics look like my commodore 64, just cant stand bad graphics. ". - plays on lowest settings on a year old PC

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Ardnut

one comment always seem to see in every game -  GO BACK TO WOW

QFT.  Seems to be the knee-jerk defense when anyone dares to voice a negative opinion, regardless if the opinion has a leg to stand on. I find this one especially funny when you are pointing out a flaw that is also found in WoW, yet the comment still stands that you should go back to WoW. Priceless..

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

A few days after launch,

"LFM (insert a top level dungeon) speed run with xyz gear, no noobs, know fights or b kicked."

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

"WoW Clone. WoW this, WoW that. WoW. WoW. WoW WoW WoW"

"So why don't you go back and play WoW if this is such a WoW clone?"

"WoW sucks"

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153
    • you guys not liking the game, you are playing it wrong
    • give it time, gotta reach level, then you'll see
    • these bots are harvesting all my resources /reported. -> /reported for /reporting
    • look at that guy all in crafted gear - he must've bought gold from teh chinese
    • pretty sure he was botting
    • that archer was shooting me through the wall - no LoS, omg h4x!
    • I was stealthed behind a rock, a FG just radared me, and wtf is this  globe of light minipet hovering over his shoulder? p2w cheating sux0rz, and they said there was no cash shop
    • welcome to my ignore list
    • HELP PLS HOW IRON INCOT DO I GET
    • WHERE TO GET MOUNT???? PLZZZ
    • PLZZZZ NEED SOME GOLD FOR ARMOR PLZZZZZ
    • what? NO AH? OMG fail economy broken game is doomed /unsub

• AbardomasAbardomas Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by samvenice
    you guys not liking the game, you are playing it wrong give it time, gotta reach level, then you'll see these bots are harvesting all my resources /reported. -> /reported for /reporting look at that guy all in crafted gear - he must've bought gold from teh chinese pretty sure he was botting that archer was shooting me through the wall - no LoS, omg h4x! I was stealthed behind a rock, a FG just radared me, and wtf is this  globe of light minipet hovering over his shoulder? p2w cheating sux0rz, and they said there was no cash shop welcome to my ignore list HELP PLS HOW IRON INCOT DO I GET WHERE TO GET MOUNT???? PLZZZ PLZZZZ NEED SOME GOLD FOR ARMOR PLZZZZZ what? NO AH? OMG fail economy broken game is doomed /unsub 

LMAO :D

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Your account creation problem is a well known problem due to time warner cable.

My friend has the same problem and he is using at&t.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

F2P in 3... 2... 1...

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127

"Omg, I know my face is unique to everyone elses, but I feel more of an individual with WoW. It's the only game that gets it right!"

"Everyone somehow managed to get this game up and running. They obviously didn't put much effort into it."

"I want to ride a ten foot penguin, and shoot flesh eating larmas from my hands. If a game can't give me that, they're doing something wrong."

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way. . .

You may want to get checked for herpes.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by BatCakez

"I want to ride a ten foot penguin, and shoot flesh eating larmas from my hands. If a game can't give me that, they're doing something wrong."

Stupid lazy devs!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    "How do you exit PvP?"

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Barren's chat...
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Rusque

"OMG someone hit 50 during the early launch! Game is fail with no content!"

"Well that person just has no life."

"No, I'm almost lvl 50 and I have a wife 4 children, 10 dogs, own 6 businesses, make a couple million dollars per week and still have time to play 14 hours a day, I just know how to manage my time."

"lol same ol' anyone who is higher level than you has no life, anyone who is lower is a noob."

"That guy must've played like, non-stop"

"What does this mean for the future of ESO and MMO's in general, how could WoW do this to the genre?"

"Obama's fault."

"That's why we need OWPvP sandboxes."

"Yeah, can't believe this, I'm only level 20, but if someone can hit cap in a week, I'm just going back to WoW."

"Stupid content locusts, I'm only level 5 and have 120 hours /played. I've sat and watched every blade of grass and spent at least 4 hours trying to read what the hilt of my sword says - turns out it's just texture."

"I miss old games where leveling was meaningful."

"I'm still playing Skyrim."

Go on feel free to add your own MMO launch cliches.

lol

• ldhenderson1995ldhenderson1995 Member Posts: 6
    "ur mom"