Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roccat Kone XTD

ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

Hey all,

I currently have a Corsair M95 Gaming mouse: great mouse, love the feel of the mouse when playing (though drivers/configuration program is below par IMHO). Problem is that I am one of the 10% lucky ones for whose the scroll wheel is deteriorating quite rapidly (contacts mixed up, scrolls 5 units at a time instead of one, scrolls up and down at the same time). Could RMA the mouse to Corsair, but, being in Canada, RMS would cost at least 40$ + time for Corsair to process/test/replace.

So I was looking at some reviews on the web for a new gaming mouse, and I found the Roccat Kone XTD. I was wondering if some of you are using this mouse, as it seems to be the Rolls Royce of the gaming mouse (a bit pricey, but all reviews are very positive). I mostly play MMOs and RPGs, almost no RTS (and rediscovered D3 - patch 2.0 - in the last few days). So if you have experience with that particular mouse, i would be happy to read your comments.

Happy gaming,

Erli.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

The Corsair M95 is one of the best feeling and most responsive mice you can obtain. Its unfortunate you got a dud, but you will probably notice a negative difference moving onto most mice unless you are willing to shell out around 80+ CAD. The RMA is probably worth it.

I can't really speak to the quality of the Roccat mouse as I have never owned a ROCCAT device. There are a few design features in it I think are positive like the mouse wheel design and the relatively simplistic and standard shape that should be sturdy.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Why not just buy another M95, then either trash or RMA the current one as well, and then you'll have a second when the RMA comes back?

All products have the potential to be a dud. If you like the mouse well enough in all other aspects, then take the chance on the second not being a dud.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Or buy a Corsair M45 if you dont need the extra buttons. Personally I have the M65 and while it is a great mouse it still has the inherent laser sensor acceleration. The Philips Twin eye "Doppler shift" sensors in some of the Razer and Mad Catz RAT mice have serious problems also. The newer optical sensors mask jitter with a very slight smoothing algorithm that is easier to adapt to than other sensor technologies. Overall you will be more accurate with optical than the rest especially with the newer sensors.

Roccat/Razer/Logitech/RAT/Steel Series all have hyper sensitive mouse buttons that click with just the weight of your finger.

You will be much happier sticking with Corsair, trust me. The M45 has the new Avago Optical sensor and is probably the best mouse on the market ATM. For Claw grips.

If you use Palm Grip the Mionix Naos 7000 (Not the 8000/8200) is great for Palm grip.

If You are Left handed the Mionix Avior 7000 (Not the 8200) is a great ambidextrous 9 button mouse.

All 3 (M45 / MN7K / MA7K)have a nice click pressure that won't aggravate you and they have the brand new Avago PMW3310DH Optical sensor. All 3 are lightweight though the Corsair comes with removable weights.

Both Steelseries Rival, and Roccat Kone Pure Optical Military have the new optical sensor also but...

The Rival is said to have reengineered buttons but the overall construction of the mouse is shoddy and their customer support is terrible.

The RKPOM isn't quite out on the market yet.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I actually bought a Rocat Kone XTD serveral months ago and it is a great mouse. I was worried about the size when I bought it, but it is very comfortable. The extra indentation for the thumb looks uncomfortable, but adds extra control I feel. The software and drivers for it installed without any problems. I do admit I have not messed with them a whole lot other than changing color settings for the lights.

The shift button on the side does give every other button an extra option so it is pretty versatile. Precision has been great as well with easy dpi changes which are common on most gaming mice. Scroll wheel has been very good as well. started off a bit on the stiffer site, but is now perfect for me and had a nice solid feel as it rotates. Only thing I miss from my old logitech is the free spin option.

Only minor issue I have noticed is the software tracks how many clicks the mouse does and how far it has traveled, and gives achievements for things like so many clicks. The tracking on mine seems incorrect as it says I clicked my left mouse button 151260 times already. I don't think any mouse would survive that many clicks in a span of 6 months.

Love the mouse though, would buy one again in the future. Has actually made me consider a keyboard from them if it has this same kind of quality. I do admit I have not really tried it in any MMOs lately as I am on a small break until Wildstar comes out. Has worked for any other game I have played though.

• cataphrachtcataphracht Member Posts: 50

I'm using the kone xtd mouse I love it for most things but if your interested in playing mmorpgs with lots of abilities I would go with razor naga instead. 

Also while the mouse is great I've encountered an annoying problem where the right button double clicks from a single click - it seems a common problem. If your not prepared to open your mouse and fix it I'd stay away.

You can carefully take apart the scroll wheel and clean it. Should make it work properly again.

Use an old toothbrush and warm water. If you have some Synthetic oil you can lube the moving parts.

I had to do this with my old G5 several times.

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

I didnt know much about Roccat as a company until about a year ago.. the Kone mouse was the first product I bought and I'm very very happy with it. Since then I've bought their Kave headset and again.. i'm very pleased.  Corsair has burned me a few times in recent memory - had a Corsair power supply die, RAM refuse to boot, and a rebate denied without explanation. So Corsair is dead to me.

I am a stubborn and discerning consumer. Roccat has won my loyalty.

Originally posted by Reehay

I didnt know much about Roccat as a company until about a year ago.. the Kone mouse was the first product I bought and I'm very very happy with it. Since then I've bought their Kave headset and again.. i'm very pleased.  Corsair has burned me a few times in recent memory - had a Corsair power supply die, RAM refuse to boot, and a rebate denied without explanation. So Corsair is dead to me.

Corsair products pretty much have among the highest marks on newegg. There are few exceptions. A few older corsair memory modules and USB drives are about it. Other than those the entire Corsair lineup is very good.

Aside from your personal experience 99% of the world disagrees with you.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

I had a roccat for gaming and it was pretty comfortable, i took it to work though and use a mad catz at home for gaming as it has a lot more buttons.

I have bigger square hands and the roccat is super comfy for my work usage, just didnt have the extra things i wanted for gaming.

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by grndzro

Corsair products pretty much have among the highest marks on newegg. There are few exceptions. A few older corsair memory modules and USB drives are about it. Other than those the entire Corsair lineup is very good.

Wow you know what 99% of the world thinks?

And so 99% disagrees with me that my Corsair products failed? Theyre in my house watching me play games?!?! And 99% of the world disagrees about Roccat being a good company and the Kone mouse and Kave headset being good products??!? wow.

youre dull.

Wow you know what 99% of the world thinks?

And so 99% disagrees with me that my Corsair products failed? Theyre in my house watching me play games?!?! And 99% of the world disagrees about Roccat being a good company and the Kone mouse and Kave headset being good products??!? wow.

youre dull.

Go look at Corsair product reviews and buyer feedback moron.

I never said anything about Roccat.

I certainly wasn't a condescending rude a**hole in my post. You have some serious personal issues to work out.

• EkoazarakEkoazarak Member Posts: 10
    hmmm my business just had 2 Corsair SSD's die... a Force GT and the other model I cant remember.  The return procedure was PAINFUL! to say the least. I was like wtf these are under warranty and corsair just completely tried to battle me.  Only thing I bought from roccat was a keyboard.  Those mice look cool though.
    Originally posted by Ekoazarak
    hmmm my business just had 2 Corsair SSD's die... a Force GT and the other model I cant remember.  The return procedure was PAINFUL! to say the least. I was like wtf these are under warranty and corsair just completely tried to battle me.  Only thing I bought from roccat was a keyboard.  Those mice look cool though.

Bullshit

I just returned a phantom SSD in like 5 minutes. No talking to anyone. You are full of shit. You dont have to talk to anyone for an RMA. You fill out the form and get your RMA # in an email. You write it in big black letters on the box. Ship it and get a replacment in 2 weeks or so.

If you had a problem with a corsair RMA it isn't on their end.

Edit* just got RMA# in email 10 minutes total. 5 more to box it up. What's so difficult about it?

6438978 on top and side of box

Print out

http://www2.corsair.com/helpdesk/rma_form_noauth.aspx?id=6438978&hub=USF&n=5004000000YnR8vAAF

Slap it on and ship it

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

...I just returned a phantom SSD...

So you had a failed Corsair part too? That sucks. I seem to be reading that a majority of people in this thread are dealing with the Corsair RMA dept.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

So you had a failed Corsair part too? That sucks. I seem to be reading that a majority of people in this thread are dealing with the Corsair RMA dept.

Look up definition of phantom.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Look up definition of phantom.

oh, I thought that was a model name.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Some people just think they are going to get a golden sample product and when they don't all of a sudden it's the worst company ever.

I'v had several Asus RMA's but I still think it is one of the best companies out there and I still use Asus parts pretty often. Shit happens and all you can really go on is product reviews and teardowns. All the major companies have good RMA policies or they wouldn't be in business.