Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explain

kingmasquekingmasque Member Posts: 31

so could any one explain what this game is about?

Comments

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

Originally posted at http://fallenearth.com/
    A world struggling to emerge from the collapse of civilization… a global collapse brought on by a century and a half of war and plague, environmental disaster and the final death-throes of civilization.A world changed, evolved, mutated... where remnants of great technologies exist in uneasy balance with primitive skills and strange new powers…A world whose wealth of knowledge lies beneath the dust and ashes of its violent past, buried…A world whose inhabitants must learn to recover, restore, rebuild, and battle…To Reclaim the Fallen Earth...

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• RipperjackAURipperjackAU Member Posts: 124
    It's NOT World of Warcraft... 'nuff said. image
  • drycatdrycat Member Posts: 119

The exciting thing about Fallen Earth is that it is the first MMPORG to venture into the post apocolyptic Earth made famous by Fallout. Plus, it isn't full of elves and fairies like other MMPORG's. If you are looking for an MMPORG that is not going to try to squeeze water out of the elves and fairies "stone" genre of online games, Fallen Earth should measure up nicely. If you're a fan of any of the Fallout games, then you'll probably love Fallen Earth without a doubt. But, this has been said before in this thread and many times over in other threads.

It's the waiting part that is the most difficult to conquer in the meantime. image 

• Hardware-DCHardware-DC Member Posts: 95
    Yeah, go play the Fallout series.  You will get an idea of the feel to it.

http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com DC Main Page
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/apocalypse Sci-Fi / Apoc Theme Forums
    http://www.durmanhoth-clan.com/citadel DnD Style Theme forums (coming soon)

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101
    Concur play Fallout series then you'll become hookedimage
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

But is it a FPS or a standard online RPG like WoW?

• X-SoDX-SoD Member Posts: 2

thats still in the works

• DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by Lustmord
    But is it a FPS or a standard online RPG like WoW?

From the tidbits we've received, its a bit of both with FPS as a basis. But don't worry, point and clickers will be happy with it as I believe they are implementing some sort of auto-targeting most likely using some sort dice roll system. It will be an FPS though.

• drycatdrycat Member Posts: 119
    I'm not sure that saying it is an FPS is the best way to describe it. Since it sounds as if players have the option to play it FPS style, or in the 3rd person perspective, it doesn't fit in with an FPS label.
  • adriradrir Member Posts: 101

I think some people may be mistaking FPS for twitch. The trailers clearly show a 3rd person perspective mode so to me it seems that the combat system might be more similar to a 3PS rather than an FPS although the style remains the similar.

As far as I am aware, it will be twitch however RPG elements might be incorporated. We will not know exactly what Icarus have planned until Beta comes closer!

• DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 173

Those movies and screens are also without final lighting, textures or combat system. I do remember that it was said that it would be FPS oriented... But times have changed since then as well. Not really easy getting proper info anyways...

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by Delgado

Those movies and screens are also without final lighting, textures or combat system. I do remember that it was said that it would be FPS oriented... But times have changed since then as well. Not really easy getting proper info anyways...

In the worms video, we are shown a working, albeit imcomplete, combat system. It clearly shows the "Man with No Name" hitting the big worm with a base-ball bat. Also, in the original trailer, we see target reticles, ability hotkeys and guns being fired. Most of which are in 3rd person perspective.

While this doesn't represent the final product, we can see that they have implemented a system for combat in third-person already, but I must admit it is highly speculative. The game is still in development and alot of features can change. If not for design reasons, technical ones.

To be honest, there are far too many variables and possibilities at the moment. We have to wait and see! But I have confidence that Icarus will develop a good solution.