Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Depressed how cool other people build... :(

2»

Comments

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

http://i.imgur.com/ILySnjX.png

I like that one because people always complain about everything looking blocky, I don't think that is blocky.

http://i.imgur.com/aqzJZ3D.jpg

This one is just cool that it has a map of EQ on it~.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I am really about to give it up, simply because I feel like an uncreative rock!

I scapped and begun again several times, but nothing I make looks more than a cheap rental appartment. Ugh. And then seeing all the screenshots in the forums and the buildings of others in the landscape... it kinda sucks my last will to play/build out of me.

It's kinda sad, but somehow I lack the ideas, and seeing what others build I feel like "I NEVER be able to do something like his, so I can as well quit." It's not lack of mastering the tools. If I see something I could copy most of it. I just have no ideas.

*sigh* :(

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Elikal

I just have no ideas.

I feel your pain. Honestly, I like looking at what people are doing more then building myself. I am just not that creative, regardless of the tools given to me. Haven't been in game much as I'm waiting for some of the other systems to make it in.

Once Player Studio and more of the player to player stuff starts, it will probably be a lot easier as you can purchase what someone else has done. Be it something really simple to really complex. I don't remember, but I'm assuming you'll be able to build off of that and transform it.

So you could start with a very basic keep or tower and then work off of that. To me that will be a lot easier then building the the initial project. I'd rather start with a rough draft and then tailor it to my imagination.

Then again, I'm waiting for EQN, so LM is just a time-sink. Housing and building aren't my thing normally. If they have some impact or importance in EQN, I might revisit it though.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    All attempts to build houses I tried were dominated by my engeneering mind of practicality. How to place rooms so people living in it could access the rooms easily. How to place a staircase for best comfort. How to assure all rooms have natural light. Why do these thoughts of technical practicality always dominate my mind? EVERY single attempt I made, ended up like a Bauhaus appartment. Horrible. Boring, angular flats with zero artistic quality, but maximum practicality to live in.

You know what MY geniune contribution to Everquest Landmark house building is?

A toilet. I prolly am the only person who came up with making a restroom, thinking, hey people need to take a leak, have a bath tub and a sink! It always bugged me as unrealisitc and highly unpractical that in almost all games, the houses have not a single toilet.

There. That's gonna be my enternal contribution to a wonderful new world. People don't have to go behind the bush. God, I am such a helpless unromantic and uncreative person. I built houses like Mr. Spock would. Focussed on logical necessities. Still, I feel like a dork.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1zzrl8/the_white_mage_tower/

I'll stick to hollowing out mountains and building where no one can see my sadness lol.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Allein

LOL, I wouldn't be so hard on yourself but I understand and either that method or crating a dirt "forcefield" around the bounds of your claim would work too :) Once construction is complete down come the dirt hehe.

That's the great thing about templates, make them anywhere then save and delete for later use. I'm my build I'll have a "Hall of Creation" that I do this with... when I have enough time to complete it lol