Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft: Now Live in North America

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard's TCG, Hearthstone, has now officially hit retail release in North America. The game has been patched for release. Along with the news of the release, Blizzard also announced the World of Warcraft Hearthsteed for players who win three matches in the game. 

Hearthstone is LIVE in NA! We're working on rolling out the patch to our other regions - hang in there if it's not live for you!

— Hearthstone (@PlayHearthstone) March 11, 2014

You can check out more about today's release, including the latest patch notes on the Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft site.

As for the WoW mount, the Hearthsteed, Blizzard released this spiffy trailer:

)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Now how cool would it be to walk into a tavern in WoW, sit at a table, challenge another player and play Hearthstone from inside the game! Now thats a feature worthy of an MMO!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I agree I hope they will add it eventually.

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

Blondeeh, that would bee fucking amazing.

Imagine cards having a chance to drop from mobs/from dungeons + raids as well, or maybe even quest rewards etc. That would bring me back to wow for sure.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

And I was proud of myself for not playing Hearthstone for the last few days, only because it is so addicting and good.  I don't think it will get me back into WoW, thought.  I'd rather get a Hearthsteed card instead.

Woot! New totem animations for Shaman!

See you at the table...

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Does that include Australia then aswell i assume? As we use the NA client. Want to go back to it after beta as wanted to wait for full release.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by DigitallyEndowed

Blondeeh, that would bee fucking amazing.

Imagine cards having a chance to drop from mobs/from dungeons + raids as well, or maybe even quest rewards etc. That would bring me back to wow for sure.

Blondeeh's idea could possibly happen one day, but yours would never happen and nor should it because Blizzard wants hearthstone to be a standalone game and the idea that you can get cards which affect gameplay outside of hearthstone itself would raise all kinds of hell.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    live and lagging like a mofo. All the WoW peeps must be logging in and playing to get their special little hearthstone mount.

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Still not as good as MTG.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I would say its different than MTG. It's more casual friendly for sure. And I think that's exactly what they set out to make. A card game that is easy to get into yet still challenging to master. Sometimes you just wanna play checkers instead of chess :p

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Nice, and they even got a way to pretty much force WoW players to at least try it out.
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    Nice, and they even got a way to pretty much force WoW players to at least try it out.

because a mount that goes as fast as every other mount is totally equated to forcing WoW players to try it out.

Every mount in the game goes the same speed based on riding skill that doesn't stop everyone from being totally fanatical about em.

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by blondeh
    Now how cool would it be to walk into a tavern in WoW, sit at a table, challenge another player and play Hearthstone from inside the game! Now thats a feature worthy of an MMO!

That would be cool indeed

Every mount in the game goes the same speed based on riding skill that doesn't stop everyone from being totally fanatical about em.

because 'everyone' is totally fanatical in their devotion to have every single mount there ever was. these people will KILL to get a mount. they will do ANYTHING for a chance. i pray for you if you get in their way...

give me a break dude. go hate on WoW for a legitimate reason, you're only hurting the cause by citing something like this as a reason to hate on Blizzard.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279

An underwhelming patch. I was expecting much more from the go live patch.

No patch for two months then a couple of card changes and some sparkly graphics affects.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I would say its different than MTG. It's more casual friendly for sure. And I think that's exactly what they set out to make. A card game that is easy to get into yet still challenging to master. Sometimes you just wanna play checkers instead of chess :p

I'd say MTG is the definition of a game with simple mechanics but ridiculously deep gameplay.

Hearthstone is easy to play, nice to look at but isn't very deep gameplay wise. Which is the main reason I got bored with it so fast :(

..Cake..

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by sgel

I'd say MTG is the definition of a game with simple mechanics but ridiculously deep gameplay.

Hearthstone is easy to play, nice to look at but isn't very deep gameplay wise. Which is the main reason I got bored with it so fast :(

Magic has the gameplay and depth to keep you engrossed for longer but it cannot compete with the accessibility of Hearthstone. Try watching some of the recent GP or PT coverage without knowledge of the cards. Or just try watching the twitch MTGO streams. 

Want to play an Arena draft? Complete a couple of quests and play. For that you get between three and fourteen games.

Want to play a MTG Online Draft. Pay $14. For that you get between one and three matches. Each match being best of three games. (plus some cards at the end that you could sell for a few dollars)

Want another game? Pay another $14.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Muppetier
    Originally posted by sgel

Magic has the gameplay and depth to keep you engrossed for longer but it cannot compete with the accessibility of Hearthstone. Try watching some of the recent GP or PT coverage without knowledge of the cards. Or just try watching the twitch MTGO streams. 

Want to play an Arena draft? Complete a couple of quests and play. For that you get between three and fourteen games.

Want to play a MTG Online Draft. Pay $14. For that you get between one and three matches. Each match being best of three games. (plus some cards at the end that you could sell for a few dollars)

Want another game? Pay another $14.

I don't remember the last time I had to pay full price for a MTG draft.

It's not that hard to win a few boosters.

I agree that it's easier to just jump on Hearthstone and play a bit. It's a casual game that feels like a very polished facebook game. Good in that it's accessible but bad for it's longevity.

all imho.

..Cake..

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

longevity is dependent on how enbgaged they will be with the community. If they keep a good flow of tournaments and competitions with decent rewards i can see this game last a long time.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by Sephiroso

because 'everyone' is totally fanatical in their devotion to have every single mount there ever was. these people will KILL to get a mount. they will do ANYTHING for a chance. i pray for you if you get in their way...

give me a break dude. go hate on WoW for a legitimate reason, you're only hurting the cause by citing something like this as a reason to hate on Blizzard.

Yeah everyone and forcing was exaggerating... learn to take things with a grain of salt. Most players will want the mount though especially since it's so easy to get.

Also, try not to get so mad.

• jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251

I'm currently out of WoW time and enjoying myself on Hearthstone.  It actually requires a bit of strategy and some good luck in order to win.  I'm semi-hooked, and I'm sure to be playing this along with some other free/non-sub games I got installed til I get more time.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

Anyone who would pay $25 for a sparkly pony would pretty much kill for one of these.

Guys got a point

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by blondeh

Actually on the first day blizz posted about heartstone, this was one of the few questioned asked. But of course blizz botch the idea and claim we want person in wow to not be distracted.. LMAO and yet still pet battles are played more than pvp and raid combined.. 

This idea reminds me of those mini checkers game in Assassins Creed they have in the bar, where the camera would then zoom in to start the game. So in a tavern if would zoom into a heartstone board and kick things off.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

did it reset? cause I just logged in for the first time in a few months and it said welcome to Test 4?

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

the Voice Over dude reminds me of this guy from an old EQ Trailer.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com