It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
War Thunder will be worse than WoT. There is a new horrible progression system that is coming out in WT that will make it worse than WoT, and thoose scumbags at Gaijin even gonna steal some money.
1. You need to unlock next plane by unlocking several modules in previous plane in the lineup, or use GE to instantly unlock thoose modules if you dont want to fly it. You cant skip planes without GE anymore.
2. 5 tiers in total. That means anything thats not top of its tier performance wise is cannon fodder.
3. German jets are tier 5 of course, which is supposed to represent korean war jets, nothing new here.
4. You need to unlock several planes in current tier to progress to next tier. I.E you need 4 planes unlocked in tier 4 to progress to tier 5. That means that I at some point gonna need to grind a whole tree which I dont want (since we grinding trees now just like in WoT) just to progress to next tier. Thats 10 times more grind and money sucking than WoT. In wot, they forced you to grind a tanks you dont want in a line to progress to the one you want. In here, its that, + grinding another line you dont even want to top out just to get enough planes unlocked for next tier.
5. If you have planes that you researched but not bought, you will loose that research, gonne need to grind to unlock them again using new system. If you used GE on nations XP, and didnt yet buy the stuff you unlocked with that GE, you loose it. GE is effectively stolen, you need to grind for a plane you paid to have unlocked but didnt buy for whatever reason(which is none of Gaijin's business, whether I bought the plane right away or not).
Is not wargaming, these scum are 10x timer worse. Wargaming always made you grind. But it didnt force you to grind additional lines just to be able to unlock next tier of grind on the line you do want to grind.
Wargaming always solved any disputes caused by changes in progression lines in player's favour. If you researched something, but haven't bought it, you will keep it researched when its retiered/rebalanced/moved to different progression tree.
Wargaming has nothing that gives you in-game advantage that is not aquirable by grinding lots of silver currency. Gaijin has Ace level of crew expertiese, that gives you in-game combat advantage, and is inaquirable by any way except paying lots of GE.
Wargaming never used "beta" justification to milk money from people, then change progression entirely and made thoose investments effectively void. Worse than void, any GE you spent on transferring XP to faction rank is gone, since faction rank is gone. Thats in direct break of their promise that every dime you spent on beta won't be wiped, and all you purchased will stay with you after release. I've purchased faction rank, now its gone and money is gone.
I am sorry I ever gave money to thoose thieves and liars. Don't touch this game - spread the word, dev's deserve nothing more than bakrupcy and getting thrown on the streets.