Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boost to 90 is now available for $60.00

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    Originally posted by deniter
    Disgusting

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Jinxys

Primary Professions bumped up to 600 if you're 60 or above? O_O

reading the reddit comments - yes

can get 2 primary professions bumped from skill 1 to 600 if you are level 60-89

level 90 chars seem ineligible to buy the boost -- for tradeskills alone

Very interesting ! Thank you . I think once I pre-purchase WoD I may use the free boost to get a character to 90. But generally speaking I quite enjoy the leveling process !

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     Its not a big deal really. Its not a competitive thing where getting a high level fast gives you an advantage like Everquest would have.  So an old game is offering people a chance to jump to end game?  Honestly if you are a busy person then its a good deal.  I can make 60 dollars at work way easier than I can make level 90 and I think work may be slightly more enjoyable.
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

It will be a huge success as everyone who buys the latest expansion gets all content and a FREE lvl 90 to jump right in tlhe latest continent without hastle: new, old or returning player.

It is very important for an MMORPG to regroup ALL of its players around one central starting point again.

As to the price for EXTRA lvl 90's : it is darn cheap.

leveling services ask more than 130 dollars to level these days. 

The free included vl 90 will be pa welcome present for returning players and see the latest content and mechanics (like Garrissons) without having to wade through 8 year old content. They can put in this lvl 90 at whatever server or connected servers their old friends are playing.

Huge boost in game play this mechanic. And probably a decent increase in subs.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/202c0q/what_the_boost_to_90_looks_like/

images of boosted 90 char here

http://imgur.com/a/Fd9pT

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3828-Warlords-of-Draenor-Pre-Order-and-Level-90-Boosts-Now-Available

Level 90 Boosts Now Available
    You are now able to purchase Level 90 Boosts for $60 in game! Your boosted character gets:

• Item level 483 gear. You can quickly upgrade to the epic item level 496 gear from Timeless Isle chests.
    • 150 gold
    • 4 Embersilk (22-slot) bags
    • A stack of 20 food items
    • If a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600, as mentioned above
    • A faction-specific flying mount - a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
    • Artisan flying - that’s one rank below max flight speed
    • Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained

editted original post to give details

Bought two last night, best new feature ever.  Blizzard is always first with the radical change hence why they will never be dethroned even with their 9 year old MMO.  Still the best.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Originally posted by laserit

WoW.... Blizzard really cant wait to rake in that cash.

So if you preordered WOD, you still gotta pay $60 or do you get to use your free 90? 

It would be awesome if companies mandates were to lose money and give away everything for free, eh!? *Rolls_Eyes*

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by sportsfan

It will be a huge success as everyone who buys the latest expansion gets all content and a FREE lvl 90 to jump right in tlhe latest continent without hastle: new, old or returning player.

It is very important for an MMORPG to regroup ALL of its players around one central starting point again.

As to the price for EXTRA lvl 90's : it is darn cheap.

leveling services ask more than 130 dollars to level these days. 

The free included vl 90 will be pa welcome present for returning players and see the latest content and mechanics (like Garrissons) without having to wade through 8 year old content. They can put in this lvl 90 at whatever server or connected servers their old friends are playing.

Huge boost in game play this mechanic. And probably a decent increase in subs.

Stop kidding yourself, It stinks, Acibli$$ion stinks.

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Betaguy

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3828-Warlords-of-Draenor-Pre-Order-and-Level-90-Boosts-Now-Available

You are now able to purchase Level 90 Boosts for $60 in game! Your boosted character gets:

• Item level 483 gear. You can quickly upgrade to the epic item level 496 gear from Timeless Isle chests.
    • 150 gold
    • If a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600, as mentioned above
    • A faction-specific flying mount - a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
    • Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained

Bought two last night, best new feature ever.  Blizzard is always first with the radical change hence why they will never be dethroned even with their 9 year old MMO.  Still the best.

Like a mouse to cheese;)

Originally posted by Mpfive

• 150 gold

Like a mouse to cheese;)

I have so much time, blood, tears, lost relationships, life changing event's thanks to 8 years of playing WoW.  It will always be in my life. 

All this reminds me of when they first announced to allow PvE to PvP transfers... the cries were a lot louder than this.  It was the first as in this case once again to change the way masses adopt such NO, NO's!

In a few months this will all be an after thought and no one will even think twice about this anymore.  Well, except the jealous folks whole will make it a personal crusade to troll this till it numbs our senses.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by evilastro

I can see putting them straight onto the Timeless Isle being a very bad idea.  For those that don't know, the Timeless Isle is pretty much the ganking capital of WoW right now.  You use a bloody coin and turn yourself into a player killer for rewards, its not even avoidable on PvE servers or against players of your own faction.

Also the mobs in the Timeless Isle are not very forgiving to undergeared or new players, although I suppose they already have their $60, so it probably doesn't matter if they rage quit.

You can't avoid pvp even on a pve server? That I didn't know. If so, it seems crazy to drop people in a pvp zone first thing.

EQ2 charges $35 for a level 85 heroic character which puts you moderately geared into a duo heroic zone and pretty much read to take on easier level 85 group dungeons.

Don't listen to evilastro, he's lying.

I play on Anachronos, an EU PvE server. Not even once have I experienced or even seen any form of PvP activity there, and I have quite a lot of hours there, farming gear for multiple toons.

Not to mention, if you have problems on Timeless Isle, even if you're undergeared, you're really not smart enough for this game. If you're undergeared, mobs takes much longer to kill, but are still not hard. Most "problems" that *could* occur, is that you're too dumb to move away from trembles and fire, which doesn't even happen without some kind of warning ahead.

On topic:

I agree that this is a disgusting business practice, and I hoped Blizzard would not walk that road. With that said, I can't really see this being used a lot, since it's piss easy to reach max lvl in just a few days.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Disgusting

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TX_ImhotepTX_Imhotep Member Posts: 30
    The amount of butt hurt over this is comical. A FOR PROFIT company offers a service people want at a reasonable price point and people cry like no tomorrow. Im guessing this is bitterness over the fact that $60 is beyond their means.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by TX_Imhotep
    The amount of butt hurt over this is comical. A FOR PROFIT company offers a service people want at a reasonable price point and people cry like no tomorrow. Im guessing this is bitterness over the fact that $60 is beyond their means.

Thats a very unfair comment.

What upsets many people about it is: It takes something that was considered cheating and frowned upon and turns it into acceptable gameplay.

A moron can be a person who can't see beyond a single side of an argument. 

People are free to agree or disagree

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

All this reminds me of when they first announced to allow PvE to PvP transfers... the cries were a lot louder than this.  It was the first as in this case once again to change the way masses adopt such NO, NO's!

In a few months this will all be an after thought and no one will even think twice about this anymore. 

i remember that - and i agree

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Amazing the first four posts all said the exact same thing. I literally laughed out loud. Quite a bit of a pricey boost for a character considering you can buy a AAA game for the exact same price.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Jinxys

*Sighs*

I was leveling with my friend in the last few days, having an absolute blast with him. Now he's going to get the instant 90 and I am left behind, unless i wish to pay 60$USD for the service :/ Uh no thanks. Guess I'll be leveling the old fashioned way lol

Primary Professions bumped up to 600 if you're 60 or above? O_O

Must be a great friendship and he really must have enjoyed hanging out with you to leave you behind like that !

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor
     Quite a bit of a pricey boost for a character considering you can buy a AAA game for the exact same price.

Hmm I wonder how people in my country can charge 60$ for one hour of work.

Hmmm, maybe it's just you who wants to compare apples and oranges and doesn't understand there are good reasons why the price is high?

Personaly I think it's not high enaugh.

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Disgusting

I'm a bit late for party, but this^

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Crazy. I would have thought it would be in the 10-20 dollar range. $60 is definitely overkill. 
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

This is really funny. Pay $60 to skip content. I wonder how many other devs for upcoming MMO's now see this with $$ in their eyes, thinking that they should try this from the start. The next preorder perk lol.

Marketing logic :

Well, the average player needs about 5 months to obtain this. Which is 5x$15, is $75 on average. But we decided to let you have the complete package for $60! That's cutting my own throat, mr! ;)

Mr. Dibbler would be proud.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Don't understand, why buy a game if your gonna skip 80% of it? For older players fair enough, but not sure why it isn't just offered as a veteran bonus. clearly it doesn't cost them anything as you just press a button and it's done.

From my stand point all i see is blizzard notice players are getting bored of leveling, instead of thinking of some nice new ideas to improve the leveling experinece or the idea i said above they decided to make people pay for it, so your choices; endure the same leveling exp you've done for many years to the point you want to hang yourself  or pay to get out of it.

Tbh i take my hat off to them if they can get 6million players on board and make it seem like a revolutionary idea...just *clap clap*

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I see $60 as Blizzard saying "we do not like it, but you want it so here."  So high priced that most people would not use it and the ones with $60 in their pocket to burn...good for them support the game.
  • eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

WoW is too out-dated nowadays to impress the masses, it is all about business strategies now and as much as Blizzard is shaky sometimes with content, they know how to make thier game sell.

If their games were as good as thier trailers, we would be closer to the future.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by eGumball

WoW is too out-dated nowadays to impress the masses, it is all about business strategies now and as much as Blizzard is shaky sometimes with content, they know how to make thier game sell.

If their games were as good as thier trailers, we would be closer to the future.

As far as mmo's go the masses still seem to be impressed cause they are playing and paying for it.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

It does make me chuckle seeing words like 'disgusting' thrown about at this announcement. What is disgusting about it, really, give us one good reason why this is a 'disgusting' move on Blizzards part?

Do i see this as a move to allow new players to skip content - no.

Will some new players use it to skip content - maybe.

Does it have more to do with returning players and them being able to catch up to their previous guild mates etc - totally.

World of Warcraft is a ten year old game with players who have been through the content time and time again and others that left at various stages of expansion that do not want to have to spend the time catching up just to go through the new content with their friends. So personally it makes perfect sense to allow people to do this as it encourages those that left to return and sub once more.

As for the whole 'they will charge for anything' bit, well, just get over it, they are a business first and foremost, not a charity and you are not forced to buy in to this if you don't choose to, you can take your free 90 from buying the expansion and level the rest for yourself anyway. I personally have no need for it as i have all of my chars to 90 already, but i don't pour scorn on those that choose to use the service if they feel it is right for them.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.